What's new

Guide Raiden Kombo Kompendium

RiverHB

Noob
B W1zZ Here is a corner combo. Simple with no meter required. I didn't see it listed so forgive me if I missed it somehow.

3,3,4 4 3,3,4 F+2~Shocker 1,2,1,2,~Superman. 43%...46% with JIP.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Here's a no meter corner combo using B2, F1 (or 1 bar with F2, 3 / EX Shocker):

B2, F1 / Electrocute (or F2, 3 / EX Shocker) - 1 / VB - 3, 3, 4 - 1, 2, 1, 2 / Superman = 41% [Doing either 3, 3 or F2, 3 into Superman at the end of this combo only does 40%. Somewhat odd.

4x4lo8o

Noob
What is the optimal combo if you catch them in the air with a b312?

I tend to reflexively go for b312~electrocute, 334, superman but they splat after the 334 if all 3 hits of b312 connected. Is there anything better than b312~electrocute, 33~vb, superman?

B W1zZ

Noob
What is the optimal combo if you catch them in the air with a b312?

I tend to reflexively go for b312~electrocute, 334, superman but they splat after the 334 if all 3 hits of b312 connected. Is there anything better than b312~electrocute, 33~vb, superman?
It's character dependent. Against female characters it's too risky to attempt a 33 VB after a shocker because the VB is inconsistent against them in high gravity combos. The splat off of B312shocker 334 can be useful, you could cancel the 4 into a teleport or whiffed superman (more meter) to bait out wakeup attacks, or if they stay grounded stand them up with a D3 into a throw or F24 etc. Theres also B312 shocker 334 tele, whiff superman over them while they are still in the splat animation, but it's potentially unsafe....although it can be a good tool to confuse them and puts you back at turtling distance.

Off of any male character and sheeva however, you can go into 33 VB and follow up with either a superman, or dash d1 en lightning/tele/en tele setups.

Another thing to be mindful of while anti airing with B312 is how high they are being juggled. Too low and the shocker will whiff, in that case it's better to just go into a superman for 16%. If they are too high theres a chance you will cross under them on the last hit, and you will have to reverse the shocker input to avoid getting a vicinity blast.

In corner, jip 334 x vicinity blast, standing 4, f24, d1 x shocker, f32 x superman. Execution is pretty difficult for this one, but it should be about 46% meterless.

F24 Corner combo starters:

F24, d1 Shocker, f24, d3 superman. I think it's about 40~41%, a little more if you land a jip.

F24, d1 shocker, f32 vicinity blast, f32 (can interchange 33 here as well) superman. 42% I believe.

Not super crazy damage, but they do look pretty swag

4x4lo8o

Noob
What are Raiden's combo options after an air to air punch and a deep jump kick?
Are the air to air combos on the first page still the best we've got?

I remember B Wizz showing me what he thought was the highest damaging combo any character had off a deep jump kick with Raiden, but I can't remember what it was. I know it used enhanced shocker

Aidan

The Marvelous Meter Man
What are Raiden's combo options after an air to air punch and a deep jump kick?
Are the air to air combos on the first page still the best we've got?

I remember B Wizz showing me what he thought was the highest damaging combo any character had off a deep jump kick with Raiden, but I can't remember what it was. I know it used enhanced shocker
Maybe it was djk, ff, 1~:exshocker, 334, superman = 30%? IDK about the damage but you might be able to do more

Darth Mao

Your Tech is Mine! #buffRaiden
I don't know if it was already listed but these days i'm trying to learn something with Raiden and i found this corner combo:
JIP, 334, 334, 33~shocker, 33~X-Ray

50%, easy execution.

4x4lo8o

Noob
I don't know if it was already listed but these days i'm trying to learn something with Raiden and i found this corner combo:
JIP, 334, 334, 33~shocker, 33~X-Ray

50%, easy execution.
That only 48%...
Canceling a vicinity blast and/or adding a 4 after the first 334 bumps it up to 50%, but I wouldn't really recommend using that unless you know it's going to win you the match. Off of that same combo ending in superman you're doing 46% damage. It's hard to justify using all 3 bars for 4% more damage

If you need the unbreakable damage you can do 334~xray for 45% or 334~shocker, xray for 48%

Darth Mao

Your Tech is Mine! #buffRaiden
Forgive me i forgot the VB, the correct one: JIP, 334~vb, 334, 33~shocker, 33~X-Ray. I usually change the X-Ray for SuperMan for save meter, just posted this because i haven't seen this combo list.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
wots raidens highest meterless corner damage , ive found a 46% with a jip i think is dat his highest ??
also while im here would rush down raiden be viable ? or is he turtle only

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
So now that I'm a mod I went ahead and edited this thread big time. There were a lotttt of useless combos in there. Although I appreciate all of the different options raiden has as far as combos go, I thought it would be best to remove all but the highest damaging combos. Also, I changed the format for all of the combos so that they can be read on mobile devices as well. I spend a lot of time on tapatalk and reading this thread was really hard for me lol.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
So now that I'm a mod I went ahead and edited this thread big time. There were a lotttt of useless combos in there. Although I appreciate all of the different options raiden has as far as combos go, I thought it would be best to remove all but the highest damaging combos. Also, I changed the format for all of the combos so that they can be read on mobile devices as well. I spend a lot of time on tapatalk and reading this thread was really hard for me lol.

4x4lo8o

Noob
Thank god, this thread was almost useless. There was too much useless stuff, that's why every recent post is people 'discovering' the same corner combo over and over. Thank you

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Thank god, this thread was almost useless. There was too much useless stuff, that's every recent post is people 'discovering' the same corner combo over and over. Thank you
Haha np. At some point I can add some more combos with tele, ex-lightning, etc... but for now I just had to get this done.

4x4lo8o

Noob
Haha np. At some point I can add some more combos with tele, ex-lightning, etc... but for now I just had to get this done.
When you get to that you should also probably add in combos for f23~ex-shocker and b2f1~ex-shocker. I think they're at least worth being aware of and are probably the kind of thing people won't figure out very quickly messing around with the character on their own. Also maybe note that you can also do 1~shocker or d3~shocker after 334~teleport

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
When you get to that you should also probably add in combos for f23~ex-shocker and b2f1~ex-shocker. I think they're at least worth being aware of and are probably the kind of thing people won't figure out very quickly messing around with the character on their own. Also maybe note that you can also do 1~shocker or d3~shocker after 334~teleport
Definitely. I'll add those tonight for sure.

dont know if this is already know so im just going to throw it out, similar to a lot of characters raiden can convert an air to air jumpkick in the corner into full combo with d1shocker.