What's new

Guide Raiden Kombo Kompendium

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
I've spent a good amount of time on Raiden, I can honestly consider him one of my mains now.

I will be using him again at EGP on Wed. So stay tuned over at Twitch.Tv/EpicGP

I have 42% mid screen combos headed your way. ;)

i dont know if this is known yet but you can start combos in the corner by doing jumpkick,d1 shocker. is this new guys?

after more research, you can do all kinds of dumbstuff after a jumpkick in the corner, follow up with standing 1 starter combos, naked shocker which is much easier, it all leads to high damaging combos.

B312 should be included as an accidental AA combo. You can do B312 shocker, B31 super man but there's probably a better one. I see too many people not capitalizing on AA B312.

B W1zZ

Noob
B312 should be included as an accidental AA combo. You can do B312 shocker, B31 super man but there's probably a better one. I see too many people not capitalizing on AA B312.
B312 is the ideal string after an air to air punch...you can either do b312 shocker, b31 superman or b31 shocker, b31 superman for over 20% damage. Air to air punch followed by superman is only 10%, and just B312 superman alone does 16%

B312 is the ideal string after an air to air punch...you can either do b312 shocker, b31 superman or b31 shocker, b31 superman for over 20% damage. Air to air punch followed by superman is only 10%, and just B312 superman alone does 16%
I wasn't talking about using it as an air-to-air. I'm talking about using it as an accidental anti-air. For example, you go into use B312 as a block string (or whatever) and you find out you hit the opponent while he is airborne. You can then link in shocker into a bigger combo for at least 25%. I've seen both PL and hitoshura not do this.

B W1zZ

Noob
I wasn't talking about using it as an air-to-air. I'm talking about using it as an accidental anti-air. For example, you go into use B312 as a block string (or whatever) and you find out you hit the opponent while he is airborne. You can then link in shocker into a bigger combo for at least 25%. I've seen both PL and hitoshura not do this.
Yeah I know, I do it all the time. B312 shocker into F23 superman or sometimes F23 1+2, or 334.

KH_Captain

Nightwolf wannabe
after the 334 teleport i was havin trouble landin f2 shocker consistently. Instead used d3 shocker for more consistency. This can make landin the mid screen teleport combos a little easier. You give up 2% though so be warned

GhosT

Noob
I just picked up raiden, always kind of had him as a back pocket alternate, but now i want to bring him to the front as a main. When i get a successful crossover i like toe 334 teleport F2 shocker into 334 superman. I haven't had trouble with the F2 shocker after a teleport, what I'm failing on is after the shocker i get my 334 to land. and instead of hitting superman as a full combo. its kind of an unwanted reset, i think I'm scooping the opponent off the ground for a +9% superman, which would be cool if it wasn't blockable. Any tips for timing the superman to land with the combo and not as a bootleg reset? cuz i have been punished badly for this mistake. Am i going into superman to slow? Hard to tell cuz I'm just buffering it out. any help would be appreciated.

B W1zZ

Noob
I just picked up raiden, always kind of had him as a back pocket alternate, but now i want to bring him to the front as a main. When i get a successful crossover i like toe 334 teleport F2 shocker into 334 superman. I haven't had trouble with the F2 shocker after a teleport, what I'm failing on is after the shocker i get my 334 to land. and instead of hitting superman as a full combo. its kind of an unwanted reset, i think I'm scooping the opponent off the ground for a +9% superman, which would be cool if it wasn't blockable. Any tips for timing the superman to land with the combo and not as a bootleg reset? cuz i have been punished badly for this mistake. Am i going into superman to slow? Hard to tell cuz I'm just buffering it out. any help would be appreciated.
Sounds to me like you're linking the superman into the 334 string. Don't do this, generally what you want to do is 334, pause, and then superman after the string has completed. 334 bounces the opponent off the ground and leaves them in the air, giving you enough time to do a superman.

GhosT

Noob
Sounds to me like you're linking the superman into the 334 string. Don't do this, generally what you want to do is 334, pause, and then superman after the string has completed. 334 bounces the opponent off the ground and leaves them in the air, giving you enough time to do a superman.
Thanks for the response, this was a face palm moment for sure. It wasn't ten minutes after i posted this that i realized the 4 launches and its unblock able in the air. But some good things came from it. While failing to link the superman, i brushed up on the 334 teleport, f2 shocker f2 VB string. I still need some work with landing the B3 consistently, but its improving all the time.

Appreciate the tips

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Not exactly sure where to post/talk about this... so since it's sort of a combo, I'll just throw it in here... (apologies if it's been talked about before)

I've noticed that 334 lightning bolt (or w/e it's called) is actually not that bad of a block string. I consistently hit people with the lightning bolt after 334 is blocked. I guess they think I'm not going to link anything to it b/c of 334 being negative on block or they think they have time to counter.

And when they do block it all of it (lightning bolt included) it doesn't seem like I'm at that big of a disadvantage. Anyway, what I'd like to know is what this is advantage-wise on block and if this is actually a good thing to use or not?

Or I guess, what do you guys generally use as a block string besides F24?

Narukami

Yu, God of Thunder
I have a question of timing of the combo:(midscreen 37%)
334, :tele:, fbp, :shocker:, 334, :superman:

I practiced a lot but i can't do the punch after the tele, any advice for this? .

I have a question of timing of the combo:(midscreen 37%)
334, :tele:, fbp, :shocker:, 334, :superman:

I practiced a lot but i can't do the punch after the tele, any advice for this? .
Take your time doing the F2. F2 collision region is really low, so don't worry about getting it too late.

Here's a combo I saw check do: 334 tele, 1 shocker, 334, d1 superman 38%. Although I do think doing 334 tele, f2 shocker, F2 vb, b3 super man is better. More meter, and not doing superman seems better with this combo when you're trying to mix things up.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
only looked at first page but i just did 334, 4 , 334, 33 shocker, f2 3 superman for 43% and didnt see that there.
edit: in the corner :D
edit again: you can do 33superman ender aswell if your lazy as me and cant learn more than one string

B W1zZ

Noob
only looked at first page but i just did 334, 4 , 334, 33 shocker, f2 3 superman for 43% and didnt see that there.
edit again: you can do 33superman ender aswell if your lazy as me and cant learn more than one string
It's there, says VB optional next to it.

GhosT

Noob
On combo 11. What is that Up+R ? is it calling for up FK into superman? Or am i misunderstanding that.

Bidu

the CHILL of DESPAIR
Why not JiP, 334~VB, 4, 334, 33~Shocker, f23~Superman for 46%? :)

Theme

Noob
Whats his most damaging mid-screen combo without X-RAY? What are you guys doing AFTER

JiP, 334, Teleport, 1/f2, shocker?

Im finding some hard solutions. I find that the wired hitbox on 334 keep making me drop the combo, so Im looking for a different alternative (easiest) that does 40%. I cant find anything that does more tho without the use of x-ray lol

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Whats his most damaging mid-screen combo without X-RAY? What are you guys doing AFTER

JiP, 334, Teleport, 1/f2, shocker?

Im finding some hard solutions. I find that the wired hitbox on 334 keep making me drop the combo, so Im looking for a different alternative (easiest) that does 40%. I cant find anything that does more tho without the use of x-ray lol
I always follow that up with 334 then superman once they bounce on the ground. I actually found a 41% combo which is very similar to this one, just one move switched. jip, 334~teleport, 1~shocker, 334, superman. The only difference is the f2 is switched out for just a normal standing 1. Without the jump in punch, both combos come out to 37%, but with jump in punch the combo with standing 1 is 1% higher.

Theme

Noob
Yeah I found that out too, funny though, because standing 1 does 3% while f2 does 5%, I dont understand the damn scaling in this game lol.