What's new

RA HELIOS BEATS GGA MAX 10-0 MU PROVEN UNWINNABLE

GGA Max

Man...

You can't solidify a matchup number from one 10-game set anyway -- it's an average.

This was only for fun, to entertain and to see wtf Ra has been talking about. Your tournament career is not on the line here :)
I know, most of the community would understand. But making everyone deal with "Max only beat Ra 10-7, its not a 7-3!" in every CW - Bane discussion would be irritating to say the least.

Okay but it is true that Helios and his crew would go nuts in all their illiterate glory if helios did well. And nobody wants to deal with that.
Yeah. Exactly.

BlastX21

Noob
That'd be cool, but there's already footage of you vs him on Youtube. Unless you want to use Sinestro? Lol, obviously some people would have an unfavorable opinion of that, but most should be able to recognize that your Sinestro is probably much better than its reputation.

Still really want Ra vs Wound though....

edit: Or Ra vs Jr??????

At the end of the day its all in fun and its just a game. Just play so that the community can have a good time watching two good players go at it. It shouldn't matter what @Ra Helios or his crew think about it or anyone for that matter.
Nothing will change. As @CrimsonShadow said, your reputation won't be affected. I mean yea you might get blown up but it will be all in FUN. Stop acting like a sensitive diva and give the people what they want. There's no money on the line and theres no life or death situation at stake. We really just want to see how ra does against another top bane player. @GGA Max

Skate Bravo

Music Producer | Xbl - Skate Bravo
We've been waiting all week to see this an
At the end of the day its all in fun and its just a game. Just play so that the community can have a good time watching two good players go at it. It shouldn't matter what @Ra Helios or his crew think about it or anyone for that matter.
Nothing will change. As @CrimsonShadow said, your reputation won't be affected. I mean yea you might get blown up but it will be all in FUN. Stop acting like a sensitive diva and give the people what they want. There's no money on the line and theres no life or death situation at stake. We really just want to see how ra does against another top bane player. @GGA Max

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
Sorry to kill the hype people. But I appreciate the few people that get it.

If I didn't win 10-5, 10-4, 10-3, 10-2, 10-1 then that means the MU is 6-4... online. And my own offline scene would be on blast.

And if I did win by a lot, the forums would just continue their blow-ups on Ra (which is no different that what currently happens)

The problem is that this game has so much BS that gets amplified with those extra frames of lag. I think CW is probably stronger online, because Bane can't react to jump ins, block string gaps, low whip, random oki shit, footsies.

So do I owe an apology to Ra? Because I don't want to settle OFFLINE MU numbers in an online set? You be the judge.

Anyway, it goes without saying that if I ever was offline with Ra, I'd play the shit out of him. But this is just not worth it for me. Hope everyone understands.
It might benefit your scene if he does in fact have tech that would help you and bit. By not playing outside your scene you limit yourself. its not about winning or losing but seeing what characters can do in a MU

GGA Max

It might benefit your scene if he does in fact have tech that would help you and bit. By not playing outside your scene you limit yourself. its not about winning or losing but seeing what characters can do in a MU
Believe me, I fully support this. There is just too much drama that would come if I didn't body him.

Shadow316

You inspire no fear.
I don't understand FT5's or FT10's, why not just play for 30 mins/an hour or whatever... First to whatever just adds so much pressure and in the end doesn't really prove much.

Last edited:

usbigboy

You weren't on frame bro
I don't understand FT5's or FT10's, why not just play for 30 mins/an hour or whatever... First to whatever just adds so much pressure.
Exactly it happens to a lot of people online for some reason I used to do it like a dumbass too. I get online after wcw and I look at my messages and it says hey man let's train....... FT10...

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
Dude fuck off. I was trying to be real with you.

Anyway I'll be done with this thread now. I gave my side. Anyone who understands, thanks. And if you don't you can take the advice I gave Dink.
All im saying, you initially agreed to fight him. Then you backed down saying if you lost their would be drama. If your that scared of losing that you wont even play thats....just dont even accept in the first place man. You got everyone hype and now your chickening out. Its a shame man. It really is.

E

Eldriken

I can understand @GGA Max's decision. If he didn't completely destroy Ra, he would probably never hear the end of it, even if it's all in good fun.

Sure, it sucks that we won't see this go down, but he shouldn't be put on blast for it. He raised valid points for not wanting to and we should just accept that.

I can understand @GGA Max's decision. If he didn't completely destroy Ra, he would probably never hear the end of it, even if it's all in good fun.

Sure, it sucks that we won't see this go down, but he shouldn't be put on blast for it. He raised valid points for not wanting to and we should just accept that.
It just proves that some take this a lil TOOOOOOO seriously. Its all about hype. Its just video gaming trash talk. There's no blood shed but maybe you see something I don't but "drama" is a lil too much. A video game shouldn't cause this when no one is being attacked personally imo.

RM NoBrows

Supah hawt fiyah
All im saying, you initially agreed to fight him. Then you backed down saying if you lost their would be drama. If your that scared of losing that you wont even play thats....just dont even accept in the first place man. You got everyone hype and now your chickening out. Its a shame man. It really is.
If I fail to body him
I don't believe one of the best players at this game in max is scared to play anyone. Like he said, you can't settle a MU from online play. It's nowhere near the same as offline. And FTR he said if I don't body him, not if I lose to him. An established player in the FGC for all the right reasons has nothing to lose from backing down to an online warrior who thinks he knows more about the matchup than bit, THE catwoman, who plays THE Bane routinely.

AeroGrunt

Stay Puft
Top notch

Must see tomorrow movie

Amazing

Next on list:
Skeleton twins
Fox catcher
Nightwatcher
Interstellar
Exodus
Gone Girl was pretty damn fantastic. Fincher really gets the modern world. The Social Network handled the subject presented nearly flawlessly and with this new flick he shows how well he gets the modern media and what kind of massive unnecessary chaos TV stations start over these kind of things. It was a mixture of smart writing, brilliant directing and great performances (except for Neil Patrick Harris). Still, it wasn't free of negatives either. Although extremely fitting and great, I felt the score went overboard at times. I wish they would've kept it more subtle. The first 15 minutes or so are pretty bad, all the characters talk like they were in Kevin Smith's Clerks. Also they cut to 2005 and a character uses the word "ironic hipster", c'mon now. Cinematography was some of the best I've seen this year, editing was absolutely brilliant and the ending was flawless. I gave it an 8/10. I will see it again soon so the score might change.

You guys missed some films.
Have you seen The Equalizer? I loved that one with Denzel Washington.
The Equalizer was awfully average. Everything was so predictable, cliche and uncreative. Some of the effects were neat though and the ending shootout was enjoyable. Still, I wouldn't recommend it. The performances were terrible for the most part, Denzel Washington was likable but still it felt like he didn't even try. Product placement was ridiculous, worse than any of the Spider-Man films. There were some really stupid editing choices which completely took me out of the movie, when Denzel's character is having a discussion with Teri in the diner (pretty original setting don't you think) about his wife they digitally zoomed in each time it cut to the one that was speaking. You could see the quality getting worse and worse each time. It was filled with stuff like that. If you want to see a recent revenge flick I'd highly recommend Blue Ruin or The Rover, both are fantastic.

Last edited: