What's new

Match Footage - Quan Chi Quan Chi Revealed (Gameplay trailer inside!) for Mortal Kombat X @ Sony Press Conference in Moscow

Perdition

Your friendly neighborhood cynic
Literally any of the other speculated characters would have been better. Quan Chi is stupid.
Speak for yourself. This announcement has gotten me the most hype. Quan was my main in MK9, and has been my favorite MK villain. Now all I need is a Mileena and Nightwolf(longshot) announcement and I will be complete.

Gotta say this game is doing a FANTASTIC job at making characters who I personally once thought bland for example Kano and Quan-Chi look absolutely fantastic and fun. With that being said, I really love Warlock. It looks fun as hell and those poooortals!! Great job to the NRS team. :)
agree 100000%. The presentation on this game is out-fucking-standing. You guys are really changing the game in the industry with fighters and presentation. @tylerlansdown and all of NRS, you are all killin it.

vegeta

Saiyan Prince
Alright I'll be real here. My main was announced day 1(scorpion) and I already have a possible (eventual) secondary lined up
(Cassie). So aside from some others I may pick up as a secondary if they get put in the game (frost/jade) I'm not sweating over who gets revealed. Also I've never been a fan of quan at all. I've also played the series since MK1 and I've long since been made immune to any shock factor........until this game lol. First let me say that regardless of my opinion of quan chi he does look pretty cool in this game. Also not only did I blink twice during Cassie's X-Ray but Quan's fatality actually drew this kinda face from me....

trufenix

bye felicia
Couple things noticed after some digestion;

-no amulet. Points to Shinnok, or maybe the new big bad has it (Quan was always playing Shinnok too, no reason to believe that changed)
-new rune lookin thing looks like MMH pillar. Doesn't home, launches on ex.
-Spell field is confusing. First field seems to grant skull and new rune free ex. Second field adds hyper armor and grants him free ex on stomp but did nothing to what appears to be non-ex trance.
-no point in pretending the cselect layout means anything anymore (thank god). I am beginning to believe we are only going to get trailers / reveals for old guys though.
-missed opportunities: Still no living staff. I thought for sure with his alt in MK9 that they'd be bringing it back, oh well. Also, nowhere near enough horse. If he's in the winpose its going to be a tough pick between that fatality and seeing the horse.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
I don't know what "not on the actual roster" is, just think of him as dlc. Cause that's what he is. PRE-ORDER NOW TO FIGHT AS GORO means "free day one dlc, everyone else waits a month".

We haven't seen anything cause he's not even remotely done. They just made that picture to make people pre-order.
You can think of him as that if you want, but I'm not getting my hopes up until I see him on that character select screen and I'd advise others to do the same.

trufenix

bye felicia
You can think of him as that if you want, but I'm not getting my hopes up until I see him on that character select screen and I'd advise others to do the same.
I don't know why you'd believe otherwise. It meant the exact same thing for all those costumes in mk9, the exact same thing for all those tekken characters, the kof characters, the marvel 3 characters, I think doa had one, like, its just standard industry practice now. NRS is just the last horse to finish the race. If Goro was just a "mode" like Galactus or something, it would've been worded as such.

Derek Kirtzic via TKT said:
Goro has been announced as a pre-order exclusive for Mortal Kombat X but fans are wondering if he will in fact be a fully-fledged character with three variations and all the other bells and whistles the main roster has. Is this correct?

Yes, of course he will.

babalook

Noob
so if im correct and the attack were the bat sweeps across the ground is a low, he will have overhead low unblockables......