What's new

Match Footage - Quan Chi Quan Chi Revealed (Gameplay trailer inside!) for Mortal Kombat X @ Sony Press Conference in Moscow

I'm not saying he's not, I'm sure he is and that you'll be able to fight against the roster, but I just think that there's a very good reason that we haven't seen:
A) A release trailer
B) Footage of him fighting in another character's release trailer/demo at any expo
C) His face on the character select menu.

It all points to him not being on the actual roster.
He might not be finished yet bro.
Also, he is a PRE-ORDER. If you see a trailer of him, you might not like him and choose not to purchase him. Potential customer and profit lost.

Say Quan Chi makes his opponent twerk while he controls them, wouldn't that be cool?
I love how you always find something new for someone. You also suggested blue flames for Liu Kang, and an albino crocodile for Reptile's color. That said, I NEED MORE SHOES!

Now, I never cared for Quan Chip% . Same with Kano. But…… They are GODLIKE. EVERYTHING ABOUT MKX IS GODLIKE.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
The fact that Quan's reveal included footage reinforces my feeling that Goro isn't actually going to be in the game as a standard fighter. I hope I'm wrong, but I have the horrible feeling he's going to be limited to some bullshit mode, like the Challenge Tower.

Not to mention something just feels off about "PRE-ORDER NOW TO FIGHT AS GORO".

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
He might not be finished yet bro.
Also, he is a PRE-ORDER. If you see a trailer of him, you might not like him and choose not to purchase him. Potential customer and profit lost.
This is true, and it really is what I'm hoping the case is as I would love Goro to be in the roster, I'm just not getting my hopes up until I see it for real.

And I can't see NRS lacking that much confidence in their products, every reveal trailer so far has been perfect, if they did one for Goro I know it would persuade me to order it on a console I don't even own yet!

Not a very shocking reveal but hey, it's something to digest before we get the next one. The summoner variation reminds me of Zod and his trait.

SkaGoogle

Tailgates & Tan-lines !
Sorcerer is going to be broke. I'm not allowing the aquaman situation to happen again where we let aquaman's bullshit run under the radar and didn't ask for nerfs until the end of the games life. I'm calling it now that quan chi needs nerfs!!

jbthrash

Nut Breaker
I've never been a big fan of Quan. He's one of those character's that never looked like he quite fit in with the rest of the game's aesthetics, and because of that I felt his popularity was highly unwarranted. With that said, this trailer blew me away.

The three styles he has are very original and awesome looking. I've played a lot of fighting games and I've never seen anything like the portal style. And even though I've never been a big fan of his look, I must say his new design is great. It mixes his MK4 design really well with his MKDA design.