What's new

"Prepare to be Astounded!" - Zatanna General Discussion Thread

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Finishing her combo with f21 is really good because we can frametrap right after it for a reset with 3.

combo f21 ~ 3, bf1 MB combo.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Finishing her combo with f21 is really good because we can frametrap right after it for a reset with 3.

combo f21 ~ 3, bf1 MB combo.
Yeah, I've done that a couple of times when I don't have meter for the reset. You can just block it though.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Yeah, I've done that a couple of times when I don't have meter for the reset. You can just block it though.

you can block it for sure (and I hope they crouching), but if you try anything else you trapped by the bf1 MB which also makes good chip and allows to a safe backdash.

Even though I'm not that good at this game I need ppl to play with before I leave to school on friday. Add me on xbl at K1LLA INSTINCTZ

Suit & Tie df3 is an otg like WWs air db3 in the corner after her df1. Except it's from anywhere on the screen. For those who don't know what I mean, if you get knockdown and time your suit & tie df3 properly, your opponents wakeup will not come out. Been trying To find guaranteed setups outside of the corner.

Haven't really found anything that can't be rolled from. Well.... B1u3~trait df3 seems pretty solid, but I'm not sure if I like taking away from guaranteed damage to be at +9 in suit & tie.

This forum really needs a dedicated All Things Suit & Tie thread.

Gizmo235

Noob
Just been wondering, in all the videos I'm watching for Zatanna vortex vids, I have two questions.

1. Is there a meterless vortex for her?
2. Why are people ending the vortex with a single J2 instead of a double J2?

Error

DF2+R2
Might be late to the party, but ending combos in 223 trait DF3 otgs unless the opponent tech rolls. If it's an advancing wake-up and you make the read you can use DB3 armor through it.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Might be late to the party, but ending combos in 223 trait DF3 otgs unless the opponent tech rolls. If it's an advancing wake-up and you make the read you can use DB3 armor through it.
Yes i knew this, but 2,2,3 after juggled opponents doesn't work in the corner... At midscreen idk... What ido is B1,U3~trait~pilar after puppet master, but they can also tech roll...

Been labbing to try to find something that can go into Suit & Tie DF3 OTG and can't be rolled from.

Only thing I found is a Suit & Tie DF3. Which is ok, if you can connect one and you can combo into it off of a Suit & Tie 2.

Otherwise.... no dice. :(

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Just been wondering, in all the videos I'm watching for Zatanna vortex vids, I have two questions.

1. Is there a meterless vortex for her?
2. Why are people ending the vortex with a single J2 instead of a double J2?
1. Yes there is a meterless vortex but it only works in the corner. It involves finishing your combo with f21.
2. A single jump 2 is used because a double j2 actually makes it impossible to properly continue the vortex from the low starter. It pushes them too far out and any jump in after the b1u3 string will whiff. Thus the only ender is a single jump 2. In the corner though, this problem doesn't exist and you can end with a double jump 2.

Gizmo235

Noob
1. Yes there is a meterless vortex but it only works in the corner. It involves finishing your combo with f21.
2. A single jump 2 is used because a double j2 actually makes it impossible to properly continue the vortex from the low starter. It pushes them too far out and any jump in after the b1u3 string will whiff. Thus the only ender is a single jump 2. In the corner though, this problem doesn't exist and you can end with a double jump 2.

I don't seem to have the problem with any attacks whiffing with a double j2...