What's new

"Prepare to be Astounded!" - Zatanna General Discussion Thread

Uber

Noob
Just started playing around with her. I dont get why people complain about her footsies and her range. Her 3 is reasonable quick and its range is pretty great. 3xxBF2 and 3xxBF1 seem like nice strings for harassing the opponent.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk 2

Shadow316

You inspire no fear.
Does anyone know what Zatanna says during her super and clash? Having a hard time figuring it out.

Apologies if it's mentioned somewhere in here, I don't feel like searching 30 pages.

Anyone else having a 1-9 matchup with the teleport input online?
There's a trick to the teleport input- maybe you were having the same problem I was having:

So the controls to teleport say stuff like down,up,left or down,up,right- and it infers that is all in one solid motion.

It's not. Press the third motion that follows up the first down-up once you see her go into the startup animation. It will read MUCH more often. Same goes for meter burning, don't hit meterburn untill the same time you hit the third motion, which is once you see her go into the startup animation.

Her startup is so fast you have to be quick, and it tricks you into thinking the input is allowed to be dialed-in in one motion, but it's technically not. Best to wait for the startup to input the last motion.

Hopefully that helps a bit. I used to have HUGE problems doing it, but now I think I get the input around 90 % of the time :)

I don't see how in the world she wouldn't improve greatly when she can finally mess up people's control online.

Right now, we don't have that, but when it's fixed she'll be much better, even a nightmare for some.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Same here. She's just an absolute blast to play. Sadly, I do think she's going to have a lot of bad matchups. Hopefully they will improve with the next patch and as new tech is found for her.
I don't agree on this! She has a lot of even/bad match ups... Her winning match ups are Doomsday, Lobo, Scorpion & Grundy atm :)

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
I don't see how in the world she wouldn't improve greatly when she can finally mess up people's control online.

Right now, we don't have that, but when it's fixed she'll be much better, even a nightmare for some.
Teleport is unsafe .-. Omce people learn how to handle it the problem will be for us! We must MB it to be safe... & we must spend meter on everything

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord

Teleport is unsafe .-. Omce people learn how to handle it the problem will be for us! We must MB it to be safe... & we must spend meter on everything

I know it's unsafe if they bait it, but what about the startup. Do the invincibility frames last the entire startup if tele-behind is done on wakeup?

Because I'd rather eat a 40 percent non-corner combo than a 60 percent corner any day :)

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
I know it's unsafe if they bait it, but what about the startup. Do the invincibility frames last the entire startup if tele-behind is done on wakeup?

Because I'd rather eat a 40 percent non-corner combo than a 60 percent corner any day :)
I only wake up teleport at midscreen... If you wake up teleport when you are cornered they can just neutral jump.. If you wake up with multi kicks or take card they will hit you... If you wake up with teleport behind it will also hit... Why not just block? Teleport is not going to be a problem for skilled players... Maybe only the backwards teleport at midscreen for some charaters

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
To be fair, everyone wins against Lobo lol. I don't know about Grundy or DD...yet. I don't play any good Scorpions, so I can't comment on that.
But you said that she was not going to have a lot of bad match ups o.o
Her only good match ups are those, maybe we can add like 2 more characters, but idk yet

I only wake up teleport at midscreen... If you wake up teleport when you are cornered they can just neutral jump.. If you wake up with multi kicks or take card they will hit you... If you wake up with teleport behind it will also hit... Why not just block? Teleport is not going to be a problem for skilled players... Maybe only the backwards teleport at midscreen for some charaters
I thought multikick was fully invincible on wakeup? That and teleport away have been my two wakeup options. If you're in the corner I guess the safest option is teleport behind MB.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
I thought multikick was fully invincible on wakeup? That and teleport away have been my two wakeup options. If you're in the corner I guess the safest option is teleport behind MB.
Wes, it's invincible but it can be neutral jumped! Also the mb one will be hit by a neutral jump too imo

Ah dam, I miss Corp Charge already. With Lex, you can't jump him on wakeup at all. That's probably gonna take me the most getting used to.

I actually have to remember push-block is an actual thing in this game that exists... :(