What's new

Predict the overnerfs/buffs

Really wants to like MKX
I'm honestly worried about Jacqui getting nerfed. A slight tonedown would be fine on full auto, but her space control is what makes the character work. After playing the other two variations for like two weeks before I started using full auto, her neutral game does not feel very strong outside the ability to use those tools. Her best normal footsie tool is relatively slow and is outranged by almost everyone else. As long as they don't somehow make full auto unviable though she should be fine. But she kinda needs it.
I'm right there with ya. Let me first say, I'm "new" to NRS games and I've really only found winning rounds through Pumped Up Jax, Brawler Cassie, and most of all Full Auto Jacqui. As a new player my neutral is weak enough but compared to the other two characters Jacqui's neutral is ass by a mile! Full auto effectively turns her more into a Dhalsim/Axl where your neutral is outside of most character's normal's reach. After that it's all mind games. I liken it more to O. Sagat or basic SF2 Ryu than anything else. Of course it's going to be very strong so early in the game's life because you're less playing with the game's system and more playing against your opponent. With Full Auto on Auto Pilot you (I) get blown up by anyone with a decent grasp of their character (Well... sorry Kotal). Sadly, I fear that the screams of casuals will resort in a knee-jerk reaction as tends to happen.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NRS really needs to just take some time to consult REAL players when it comes to balancing. Say what you will about Mike Z and SkullGirls but that man knows his own game inside and out and understands a lot of the game and metagame that goes along with each character. I feel that NRS are, well, still learning how to make a good game. Part of that is internalizing your gameplay decisions and not giving into the lowest common denominator. Casual players are great for short term revenue but they just aren't going to play the game as completely as the people that really care about it.

GhosT

Noob
Kung Jin only cuz He is fine the way he is but this community can't comprehend the idea of learning a game before deciding what's too good.

See mk9 and igau for examples

Game Scavenger

Rage is true power!
Characters that might have a target on their back for nerfs in my opinion are Cassie, D'vorah, Kung Jin, Sub-Zero, Erron Black, and possibly Scorpion. I am not saying they should get nerfed so no one misunderstands. Characters I'd like to see get buffs are Kitana, Mileena, Ferra/ Torr, and Shinnok.

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
I think they should take a long look at everyone's tools and then buff the ones with less to a viable standard... You k of like they say they will do all the time and then do the exact opposite... Welcome to wonderland

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
I think D'vorrah's F44 string is gonna have increased scaling. I can see other nerfs coming to Swarm Queen specifically.

However, at some point they'll probably let Venomous stack poison on block. I'm shocked it can't now. I'm staying hopeful on D'vorrah being untouched, didn't they say she was an NRS favorite?

dookieagain

Last Bastion of Arcades
I think they should take a long look at everyone's tools and then buff the ones with less to a viable standard... You k of like they say they will do all the time and then do the exact opposite... Welcome to wonderland
Not to be serious again. . . but /seriousmode:

It's a nice idea, but it's not totally realistic. When someone has tools that shut down a large portion of the cast, you have to do buffs to everyone just to deal with that one tool. Then you've affected all the matchups for the characters who you have buffed. Which requires new buffs.

This is the issue that led to the absurd, everyone gets invincible wakeups in IGAU. That was the answer to the fact that a few characters could utterly abuse other on wakeup. I dunno if that was the proper solution though.

Plus if you just keep buffing people, you end up in a game with ridiculous tools where safe braindead offense leads to instant kills. Look at Marvel vs. Capcom 2. A game where a character who has a reliable infinite that kills 3 characters off a touch (Iron Man) isn't even in the top 5. I don't know if that's a really healthy game.

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
Not to be serious again. . . but /seriousmode:

It's a nice idea, but it's not totally realistic. When someone has tools that shut down a large portion of the cast, you have to do buffs to everyone just to deal with that one tool. Then you've affected all the matchups for the characters who you have buffed. Which requires new buffs.

This is the issue that led to the absurd, everyone gets invincible wakeups in IGAU. That was the answer to the fact that a few characters could utterly abuse other on wakeup. I dunno if that was the proper solution though.

Plus if you just keep buffing people, you end up in a game with ridiculous tools where safe braindead offense leads to instant kills. Look at Marvel vs. Capcom 2. A game where a character who has a reliable infinite that kills 3 characters off a touch (Iron Man) isn't even in the top 5. I don't know if that's a really healthy game.
I do understand that... But I don't think anyone is this game with what we know of so far is that far off in either way.... Giving someone a 50/50 or a useful wake up could be all someone needs to be stronger... But a bad nerfed can kill someone... Id rather them add one then remove one...

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
I'm worried that they will nerf Kung Jin by affecting his strings. While this will sit well with Bojitsu, it will ruin his other variations.

The simple solution is to adjust scaling on his staff spin attacks so they do far less damage.

MD5

High Tech & Noxious
I want Full Auto Jacqui nerfed, as a High Tech Jacqui player people keep counterpicking me with Full Auto to troll and it's getting annoying, any character that can win easily without landing a single combo shouldn't even be in the game imo.

dookieagain

Last Bastion of Arcades
Look into your heart, you know this to be true.
Join my character council, and together we can be buffed as Pug lord and Son.
Join me in dropping everybody for Quan Chi. Watching him on stream tonight with his stupid bat setups gave me a semi.

Plus the bat is named Puggles. It was meant to be mighty pug lord.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Join me in dropping everybody for Quan Chi. Watching him on stream tonight with his stupid bat setups gave me a semi.

Plus the bat is named Puggles. It was meant to be mighty pug lord.
There is no true pug.
Unless they make it a batpug, in which case... maybe.

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
I predict Ferra/Torr will get a buff to that pain move where not only will it boost Torr's damage, but give him armor on all his specials. :DOGE