What's new

General/Other - Hish-Qu-Ten Predator Hish-Qu-Ten Discussion Thread

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Ah ok I see. Yea I think I'm going to stick to learning HQT and see where the plane lands. Lots of potential here.
And now HQT is GUARANTEED nerfs. Don't you guys see this is what salt does. Ruins your character then goes on a crusade about how bad it is. I hope you don't do this in tekken salt.

because the recovery is absurd, the hit advantage is insane, he can easily cover the air, he can completely gain control just by pew pewing mb and he can mix in instant air discs / discs which cant be advanced on. So you are forced to guess.

he's close to prepatch quan broken imo as a zoner purely. but he's def more fair than that bat.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
wow so none of his ground lasers are low? it looked like it in trailer. That blows
They are low and they are awesome.

I think the Hunter variant is the best, but Hish Qu Ten and Warrior both have great additions to his overall game.

Hunter controls space and allows him to create opportunities for nearly unavoidable high damage.

Hish Qu Ten gives him access to some of the best zoning in the game.

Warrior gives him access to higher damage combos and gives him a command grab.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
And now HQT is GUARANTEED nerfs. Don't you guys see this is what salt does. Ruins your character then goes on a crusade about how bad it is. I hope you don't do this in tekken salt.
Haha yea it DOES seem that every character I switch to is literally nerfed in the next patch. Damn. Damn... More reason to throw this variation under the bus if (when because of my aura) it's nerfed. :joker:

In Tekken however, I main Bryan Fury. No need to complain when I have many offensive and defensive options, and can taunt cancel pressure opponents to death during oki or in the corner. No reason to complain at all. :coffee:

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
I either choose HQT or Hunter based on 2 quotations.
Does opponent have a projectile? Then HQT since they have no reason to approach traps.
Does the opponent have a teleport? Then hunter cause they'll just get around projectiles.
For special cases like milleena I would go hunter. I don't know what I would do against tanya because I think either could work. Raiden doesn't matter cause who plays displacer?

I either choose HQT or Hunter based on 2 quotations.
Does opponent have a projectile? Then HQT since they have no reason to approach traps.
Does the opponent have a teleport? Then hunter cause they'll just get around projectiles.
For special cases like milleena I would go hunter. I don't know what I would do against tanya because I think either could work. Raiden doesn't matter cause who plays displacer?

I think hqt is rather unapproachable, i think both variations will beat a lot of characters, but hunter might murder one due to wakeups, or hqt might murder one like kotal (prob 8-2) because kotal can't get in. Then again hunter can turtle also against chars with bad zoning.. Mileena will be interesting, i like hunter for that but im sure at the highest level hqt can play because his recovery is broke.

Predator can get in easily on zoning by armoring on reaction.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
I think hqt is rather unapproachable, i think both variations will beat a lot of characters, but hunter might murder one due to wakeups, or hqt might murder one like kotal (prob 8-2) because kotal can't get in. Then again hunter can turtle also against chars with bad zoning.. Mileena will be interesting, i like hunter for that but im sure at the highest level hqt can play because his recovery is broke.

Predator can get in easily on zoning by armoring on reaction.
Oh yeah HQT definitely has great defense. I would just rather have the threat of trap for a teleport. And I I'd rather have the meter for ex lasers than having to spend it on getting in. I like the multiple meter options HQT has agains other zoners.

Oh and who doesn't like reduced chip or no chip at the cost of one bar. That shit cray. Got a KL friend and I'll turn it on at low health or if I feel like he might start some pressure. Makes him almost useless.

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
Yo where have you been man?? Were you skipping out on MKX? Your zoning skills are a must. We are a resurgent breed right now.
I took a break after NEC last December to concentrate/finish up grad school (aka write my dissertation). I only just finished a couple weeks ago lol
So I should have more time now, and predator is looking like a great choice for a main. Hopefully I can have him EVO ready by by next summer

and thank you, I agree! From watching the streams we need some more high level zoning. All this rushdown is so boring and lame

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
If this was MK9, that comment would almost certainly get laughed at. However, this isn't MK9.
I don't fully understand what you mean as I wasn't really into mk9 like that.

I just meant how a zoner was saying that rushdown is too boring and lame. Just thought it was funny.

I don't fully understand what you mean as I wasn't really into mk9 like that.

I just meant how a zoner was saying that rushdown is too boring and lame. Just thought it was funny.
MK9 competitively was basically professional 1v1 dodge ball in the spring and summer of 2011. That's what I meant.

Lol that sounds awful.
Well when Michelangelo was playing in early spring 2011, he discovered +3f block string with Kabal that allowed him to win multiple tournaments in a row, because there was just nothing you could do to stop it. You ate the ship or got combo'd. I'm still waiting for them to unnerf Mike.

I really hope they do not destroy this character in the next patch. He does well in footsies and has top 3 zoning in the game. However, if you corner him he has similar issues that quan chi does. Predator does not have a vortex to make up big leads. Quan makes you block one normal and you get looped until he is out of resources. Injustice batman with actual 50/50 lols.

I 100% agree his damage needs adjusted. I think the stab is not scaling correctly. Just a guess.

jmt

Noob
Gonna start learning hqt. What do you guys do up close?

3,2,low laser and 3,2,1+4 is one of the mix ups right? What else?
When do you guys do the laser cancels.

Someone fill me in with strategy.

Thanks.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Gonna start learning hqt. What do you guys do up close?

3,2,low laser and 3,2,1+4 is one of the mix ups right? What else?
When do you guys do the laser cancels.

Someone fill me in with strategy.

Thanks.
In the words of tom brady "MB LOW LASERS" or something like that.

Really though, a mix of far low laser and smart disc to get them to block high laser. Depending on matchup, you can be more liberal with projectiles and even do instant air discs.

Up close the thing to do was mixup with 3xxLow Laser, 32 and 32xxLow Laser. You have to be more careful with that, now that 3 is a high.

I haven't used laser cancel too much but I know 32 cancel and b311 cancel are good go to options.

Everything else is just predator stuff. B2 and d4 in footsie. Wakeup sucks. D1 is now -3 on block so don't mash that (lol nrs)

Reactions: jmt