What's new

General/Other - Hish-Qu-Ten Predator Hish-Qu-Ten Discussion Thread

Have some anti wake-up corner tech. Used as a conditioning tool like Cassie's flipkick setup. Only problem is it appears tech roll wake-up beats it so look out for that. If you see a tech roll just block and punish.

F12U2, 4, UPS, D1, SD (setup)

32, PCC, F21, exSS, 4 UPS, 4 GPSc, 32 1+3

Total damage is 62% for one bar.
If you read the 32 will hit and don't need the cancel for hit confirming purposes it's 65% total damage.

This hasn't been tested on every wake-up just as a disclaimer and again of they tech roll into wake-up it doesn't work.

Sorry for not having a video. I don't have the means to record with the AI doing a wake-up.

Let me know your thoughts.

jokey77

Character Loyalist
guys, has anyone managed to get more damage out of "32, ex db3 (Low Plasma)" than this:

32, ex db3, 122~bf4?

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
So now that's he been out for a while, how do you guys feel about this variation? Do you guys feel that he is good or bad, and what is the general way to play this variation?

Immortal

Blind justice....
So now that's he been out for a while, how do you guys feel about this variation? Do you guys feel that he is good or bad, and what is the general way to play this variation?
PLayed a lot vs good HQT Predator players and man it's pretty sick. Mix ups with low plasma cannon and strings into canceled plasma to make almost anything safe gives him so sick pressure. Also zoning is pretty decent in this variation. Overall its tough vs HQT Pred. Especially if you play Kenshi. :(

PLayed a lot vs good HQT Predator players and man it's pretty sick. Mix ups with low plasma cannon and strings into canceled plasma to make almost anything safe gives him so sick pressure. Also zoning is pretty decent in this variation. Overall its tough vs HQT Pred. Especially if you play Kenshi. :(
his nick is?

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Dare I say...busted. Fantastic zoning coupled with Plasma cancels are the icing on the cake.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Hmm. I have people telling me this variation would better suit my playstyle, but I wasn't really seeing it. I think I'm gonna give it a shot.
Great now we got salt coming in to the forums. Do you really want another "Kano is bad and you should feel bad" threads but for Predator?:DOGE

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Great now we got salt coming in to the forums. Do you really want another "Kano is bad and you should feel bad" threads but for Predator?:DOGE
Haha Kano is bad and all the main's should feel bad. The polar opposite from what I see going on with Predator! :coffee:

No comment on the corner tech? Cool...

I think this character is very good. Doesn't have too many weaknesses except one huge weakness: his inability to get up under pressure especially in the corner.

Example: the Kobu Tanya MU. If she gets him in the corner he has to hold her pressure on wake-up and wait for an opening. His exSS is too slow and really any character with fast hitting strings bullies him after knockdown.

Other than that he's amazing.

@WayoftheFist

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
It's his best and IMO top 5. And honestly you can play him any way you want: rush down/ zoning/ footsies range

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
It's his best and IMO top 5. And honestly you can play him any way you want: rush down/ zoning/ footsies range
His best variation? I'm hearing a lot of the Hunter guys rave about that variation saying it's the best?

I'll likely play it footsie/zoning, as so far I'm still feeling it out but have a while to go. So far I'm feeling like its really good also.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
His best variation? I'm hearing a lot of the Hunter guys rave about that variation saying it's the best?

I'll likely play it footsie/zoning, as so far I'm still feeling it out but have a while to go. So far I'm feeling like its really good also.
Believe me it's not. Right now they are getting away with very punishable gimmicks such as d4 disc/ mines which are full combo punishable. He also gets heavily outzone in some situations. It will take a little time but once his gimmicks are exposed hqt will be seen as better IMO.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Believe me it's not. Right now they are getting away with very punishable gimmicks such as d4 disc/ mines which are full combo punishable. He also gets heavily outzone in some situations. It will take a little time but once his gimmicks are exposed hqt will be seen as better IMO.
Ah ok I see. Yea I think I'm going to stick to learning HQT and see where the plane lands. Lots of potential here.