What's new

General/Other - Hish-Qu-Ten Predator Hish-Qu-Ten Discussion Thread

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
I apologize if this has been asked/answered already - but what is the deal with his plasma beam cancels? I have no trouble doing Liu Kang's cancel, which uses the same notation, but this one for Predator is troubling me a bit.

I understand that he doesn't actually dash forward after his cancel, but do I still execute it the same way? I do Liu's like this:

1,1,2~B,F+1(hold 1)~F,F+BLK, 1,1,3 etc....

Do you still need to use the run cancel to cancel his plasma beam or do you simply dash out of it while holding 3? I am not able to get the combo counter to register any hits after the plasma beam as a combo. Any help would be appreciated.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
I apologize if this has been asked/answered already - but what is the deal with his plasma beam cancels? I have no trouble doing Liu Kang's cancel, which uses the same notation, but this one for Predator is troubling me a bit.

I understand that he doesn't actually dash forward after his cancel, but do I still execute it the same way? I do Liu's like this:

1,1,2~B,F+1(hold 1)~F,F+BLK, 1,1,3 etc....

Do you still need to use the run cancel to cancel his plasma beam or do you simply dash out of it while holding 3? I am not able to get the combo counter to register any hits after the plasma beam as a combo. Any help would be appreciated.
I learned it doing this. In practice mode set dummy to stance block high. Then practice the cancel with a low so you'll know when the whole thing works out. If you're too slow the dummy will block after the cancel.

The thing to understand is that it must be done fast, and without gaps.

B31~BF(3), Dash, 212

You hold the 3, and dash as quickly as you can. Do not pause, and do not wait for the dash. You almost have to pretend its a rekka cancel.

BF(3), FF212

Like 2 special moves back to back. Get me?

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
I learned it doing this. In practice mode set dummy to stance block high. Then practice the cancel with a low so you'll know when the whole thing works out. If you're too slow the dummy will block after the cancel.

The thing to understand is that it must be done fast, and without gaps.

B31~BF(3), Dash, 212

You hold the 3, and dash as quickly as you can. Do not pause, and do not wait for the dash. You almost have to pretend its a rekka cancel.

BF(3), FF212

Like 2 special moves back to back. Get me?
Got it. Makes sense. I understand the concept, but I was unsure if I had to actually run cancel it or not. Now I know you just need to hold 3 and do the dash motion immediately into the string.

Thanks, man. Really appreciate you taking the time to explain that in such detail.

jokey77

Character Loyalist
Predator (Hish Qu Ten) 30% meterless combo

One little suggestion, as I was experimenting with a similar combo:

You could swap the bf3 with db3b. Just so you get the mixup (overhead/low) in case of a block.

This happens to be my main pressure string!

after a ex ground plasma i prefer doing b22 smart disc, the shorter ur run before b22 the higher the smart disc will put them giving u enough time to run up and do 323+1 for the sweet brutality ^^
32 Ex GPS slight run b22 smart disc run 323+1 37%

WayoftheFist

Cold day in hell...
If Im understand the question right, db3 laser has three aim points because if the opponent runs db3f laser will whiff entirely. Think of it like Quan Chi's close, mid and far runes. You gotta aim it at where they're gonna be
That I understand. Go do the move holding forward then do it holding up. It has a 4th aim point.

Hivey

Noob
this may be a dumb question, but how exactly do you cancel? im not a pro at this game, very much average at best, cant even run reliably (certainly not in combos), so explaining it simply would be very helpful.

DanableLector

UPR DanableLector
Here are some laser cancel combos off the low and overhead.

Any advice on laser cancel? I'm not getting it consistantly. Is the method to just do it fast as shit? To be clear, because of the above post, I'm not asking how. That parts obvious... Just if there's a method your using that works for you.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
this may be a dumb question, but how exactly do you cancel?
Practice doing b,f+3 while holding the "3". Tap b,b or f,f (I personally use b,b) for the cancel. As you practice, try canceling as fast as possible.

Now try doing the cancel after a string, preferably 3,2, which would like something like 3,2 xx b,f+3*, b,b (or f,f). The asterisk derives from Tekken conventions and signifies "holding". If done correctly, 3,2 will combo into itself (i.e., 4 hits and 14% of damage).

The good news is that if you make a mistake, 3,2 is safe on block. You may also perform 3,2 xx high plasma shot, which jails and is also safe on block.

Hivey

Noob
thanks M2Dave. another question though, what is jailing? i really am pretty much a noob when it comes to this sort of thing, compared to you guys. only fighting game i wasnt really a noob at was playstation allstars (raiden ftw), so im trying to learn how to play a proper fighting game at higher than average levels.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
thanks M2Dave. another question though, what is jailing?
Normally, the high plasma shot hits high, so you can always crouch, especially up close. The second hit of 3,2 is an overhead, which causes the high plasma shot to jail you during block stun. In other words, you are forced to block, irrespective of its attack range.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Does anyone else get a Zod vibe off this variation although not as good as Zod but also better in its own ways

Bombardier777

I'll bleed you, real quick.
I wasnt really trolling, I was training my pressure, but i should have done b22 low plasma or b22 overhead or b31 low plasma

But him not blocking it got me do the same thing lol

after a ex ground plasma i prefer doing b22 smart disc, the shorter ur run before b22 the higher the smart disc will put them giving u enough time to run up and do 323+1 for the sweet brutality ^^
32 Ex GPS slight run b22 smart disc run 323+1 37%
which brutality u mean?"

Guys can someone help me which cancel.mixups should i do and which one is the most damaging bnb ans corner which arent that strict timing like this one in the corner b311 mb ss 4 air canon 4 air cannon 32 1+3? Thx in advance boyz