What's new

Poll: Round 2 glitch enabled, who will remain?

will you still play this game seriously should the glitch be allowed permanently?

• Total voters
Considering online players have no choice, I voted yes. The 99% of us who don't attend tournaments should start coming up with ways to counter the glitch.
The funny thing is most online guys trying to do this aren't very good and get tunnel vision. You can often win by baiting their sweeps

Although the usage of this glitch is generally frowned upon it's funny how it's something I wouldn't mind using on those lag spamming jumpers. I have a love hate relationship with this glitch.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
People wonder why so many people don't take the game seriously...there should be no argument about this being allowed or not. Tournaments don't get as many numbers as they used to anyway due to age, add even more dumb stuff to the mix and you're asking to put it to bed.

Kill the game quicker, I do not care at this point.

you almost got a like...

almost.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
if a game like tekken or streetfighter wouldn't allow a glitch like this...then neither should mk9

this is 2012 people, not 1992...

Sl1ckGam3z

Banned
lets be honest here dont ban it if nobody can do it show me a real fight and do the glitch my vote is yes...... its just like with cyrax 100% reset combos the game is dead anyway it has gotten boring

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
So when Cyrax lands a JIP in the first round and its basically game over, thats what you consider to be ok? MK is the only game i know where people seriously start to discuss which bugs are fine to use and which aren't. So either allow all bugs or ban all of them.
But beware, when beating your offline opponent with this bug, you might find yourself with your opponents controller cable wrapped around your neck. Its called the pad glitch.
I call it justice :mad:... :REO

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
What resets are you capable of with CSZ anyway... :p
I think there is a misunderstanding, I'm ashamed because of other people doing the resets that initially they used to not using it ..*cough*..mustard ... *cough* :rolleyes:.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
banning resets is too hard to enforce, for example, if jax gets you to the corner, ur gonna say what....he can only do the reset once and then has to drop you? It'd be kind of a waste since jax could keep going so long as he has the meter and if u have a breaker u can just breaker out, thats why its important to plan ahead against characters with resets. as much as id like them to be removed. it'd be just too rediculous to regulate the resets. The reason the invincible glitch is worse than the resets, is because after the person would win 1 round, the second round is supposed to be a second chance for the losing player, performing the glitch would take that away from them. That doesnt sound fair at all. Not to mention, it looks retarded as hell. "playing to win" doesnt really even apply because 2nd round ur not even playing, just poke once and sit there until the time runs out...Gee, thats some pretty skillfull playing...NOT.

Flagg

Noob
Even before this glitch was found, I feared MK was beginning to wind down a couple weeks back, the community shrinking, etc. It just really sucks that the worst glitch this game has produced would be found now. I would hate to think this is what this game will be remembered for.

And why are people comparing resets to this glitch? The two comparisons aren't even remotely close. But that's what you get on a forum, one person makes a stupid statement, and a percentage of people parrot the same statement.

I sometimes get the impression REO doesnt like MK having a big, competitive community and would prefer the small, back room community that UMK3, etc had. The kind of community people didnt know existed.

MK_Al

Noob
banning resets is too hard to enforce...
Not at all. We all know the Cyrax/Smoke/Jax resets. If someone uses them in tournament -> instant game loss. Then nobody will use em. Its as simple as that.
Are you into sports? Do you sometimes kick your opponent in the balls just because you can?

the invincible glitch is worse than the resets
Sure it is. But the issue is the same: Are we supposed to use strategies that are not supposed to be in the game?

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
"...Not to mention, it looks retarded as hell. "playing to win" doesnt really even apply because 2nd round ur not even playing, just poke once and sit there until the time runs out...Gee, thats some pretty skillfull playing...NOT.
I think Reo could say: "I'm seating in front of the tv next to you holding down the directionals on the controller, how can you say I'm not playing? mashing buttons is irrelevant to competitive mk playing" :D.