What's new

Poll: Round 2 glitch enabled, who will remain?

will you still play this game seriously should the glitch be allowed permanently?

• Total voters

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
Ok this subject has caused the most discussion/arguing i've seen on this site for a long time, so this is simple a poll, considering id say every single competitive MK player at this point uses TYM, let's get an idea of how many people would be left playing this game should the new round 2 invincibilty glitch be allowed to stay.

so the question is simple, if for some reason the glitch becomes tournament viable, and everyone uses it, will you continue to travel to play this game in a competitive setting.

this should give us numbers of just how many people will drop the game and exactly how many people will be left playing it with the new rules.

9_Lives

Noob
If I were to finally make it to a tournament and that's how it was, I would not just drop the game. I would just tech forward throws like no other if I saw my health below 15% and knew I was going to lose.

Spletty

Grandmaster
I'd stay on the site but I wouldn't play much. Online is gonna suck worse than it already does.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
A glitch that makes the opponent invincible... allowing me no way to fight back or have even the slimmest chance of winning?

Would I still go to tournaments? Let me think about this...

would be a total waste of time.

PND_Mustard

Premium Supporter
everyone vote please, the goal here is to find as close to the realistic number of people left as possible.

I would attend meets at my local scene and fool around online but I would never spend cash to travel to an area where some nerd of darkness has perfected the art of activating this glitch because it's unsportsmanlike and cowardly. I don't care what anyone says about the past games, something like this is just flat out retarded. There's no way something like this would fly in the eyes of the public in major sports and if this game aspires to enter the e-sports crowd you bet your ass this glitch is going to be the fastest way to get kicked out of the venue.

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
Nah, I won't be spending hundreds of pounds to travel to a tournament for a glitch that makes it impossible to win.

Of course the glitch will be banned of course, it'd just be silly to keep it in.

PND_Mustard

Premium Supporter
Nah, I won't be spending hundreds of pounds to travel to a tournament for a glitch that makes it impossible to win.

Of course the glitch will be banned of course, it'd just be silly to keep it in.
again, this is a theoretical thread, lets say that it DOES be allowed forever. then you vote to let the community know if you will drop the game or keep playing with all the bugs.

GrandMasterson

The Netherrealm beckons
wtf why are so many players comparing the glitch to resets? Resets aren't glitches people, stop being stupid. Resets don't need to be banned, they aren't even remotely related.

MK_Al

Noob
I'm amazed at the lack of understanding on how this type of glitch is just a dumb thing to have in a tournament setting.
So when Cyrax lands a JIP in the first round and its basically game over, thats what you consider to be ok? MK is the only game i know where people seriously start to discuss which bugs are fine to use and which aren't. So either allow all bugs or ban all of them.
But beware, when beating your offline opponent with this bug, you might find yourself with your opponents controller cable wrapped around your neck. Its called the pad glitch.

im assuming your vote is "yes"?
Still thinking about what to vote...

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
So when Cyrax lands a JIP in the first round and its basically game over, thats what you consider to be ok? MK is the only game i know where people seriously start to discuss which bugs are fine to use and which aren't. So either allow all bugs or ban all of them.
But beware, when beating your offline opponent with this bug, you might find yourself with your opponents controller cable wrapped around your neck. Its called the pad glitch.

Still thinking about what to vote...
Breakers fix resets. Breakers don't fix the glitch.

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
ok there is breaker but then your losing two bars that you would have to waste that early into the game playing most other characters, i dont mind if the kabal glitch is banned even though i dont think it should be, but if it is so should all resets and other similar glitches in the game
LBSH, if you let Cyrax touch you, you deserve to lose meter.