What's new

Breakthrough - Buzz Saw Please pay your respects to Perfect Legend

Ray'sGoodLiquor

I don't care I'm not a competitive player anymore
This community is scrounging for hype so bad it's embarrassing. How was a this even remotely hype? Maybe in MK9, but certainly not MKX. Nothing against Carl, but why not put a high school wrestler up against Brock Lesnar? It damn near the same scenario.

KingKhrystopher

Official Merlin of TYM
Wow.

Tldr: It was pitiful... PL should have at least played around, picking people like Liu Kang, Scorpion,.just everyone around the roster, maybe even broken ass Shinnok. And that extra 3 at the end was unnecessary.

Thoughts:

Okay. So, the results were 13-0, leading many to begin calling Carl Perfect 13gend. I personally don't think PL deserves that much, after all it was Sonic who started the argument, PL simply defended himself... if it were the other way around, then sure. PL got so much hate for no actual reason, other than people just not liking him.
But the ground was never in PL's favor. He won 5 rounds out of 31, Sonic getting every match down. I seriously was expecting PL to win about 5-6 matches before being shut down by the Fox, but he won nothing. I was seriously wanting PL to defend his 4 World Championships, but no. He looked, at best, average. Maybe a bit above, but nothing more. I mean, come on, DJT, ForeverKing, and more have defeated Sonic, and you couldn't even get 5 matches? Just damn.
In all honesty, there was nothing PL could do. It was the same safe string into the safe fan, rinse and repeat.
However, what I cannot give him credit for is the wake-up game. Kung Lao is the best character in the game, but he looked mid-tier at best. To be honest, it wasn't PL's fault he lost, his teleports whiffed 13-10 times (I had to). But what I'm confused about is why he never went for the overhead option. It would have given him better chances than the kick.
Lol at the chat. No one in the chat would get one round on Fox, yet they talk shit. Okay.
What pissed me off more than PL's refusal to learn any other character out of 87 in the roster, was Fox's after speech. That was PL's chance to make Sonic look like a fool for gloating over winning like PL came for him. But no.

"I always said you were godlike. I never said you were a bad player. I said your fundamentals were bad. I said if it was my Buzzsaw vs. Erron Black, I could win."

No... just no...
At the end of the day, it'll be hilarious, when some day Sonic's power will run out, just like PL's did, and the stuff people say about PL turns and goes to Sonic. "He used to win stuff," "He had 4 World Championships," "He's SonicFraud," the like.

StealthyMuffin

Earth's Mightiest Knucklehead
This community is scrounging for hype so bad it's embarrassing. How was a this even remotely hype? Maybe in MK9, but certainly not MKX. Nothing against Carl, but why not put a high school wrestler up against Brock Lesnar? It damn near the same scenario.
This particular high school wrestler actually thought he could beat Lesnar. Everyone wanted to see him get put down.