What's new

Please make MKX handle latency better than MK9 and Injustice.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
okay that's extreme lag, on good connection you can become a fundamentally solid player if you understand frame data. There's a big difference though.
Even on a good connection frame traps don't work, people still get away with shit, and a lot of stuff is way harder to punish than offline.
If you understand frame data, then you're not adapting to online lol

Even on a good connection frame traps don't work, people still get away with shit, and a lot of stuff is way harder to punish than offline.
If you understand frame data, then you're not adapting to online lol
my frame traps work in good connection, sounds like you are playing on psn too much

Even on a good connection frame traps don't work
Depends...If you're playing Doomsday I don't think lag will affect your frame traps.

You can press a button, go fetch a cup of coffee, use the bathroom, then come back and press another button while your opponent is still in blockstun.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
Me and @RapZiLLa54 play offline all the time. When we play online (we live 30 mins away from each other) it plays out totally different. I get hit by batman f3 overheads and shit. It's fucking nonsense. He can't block my shit either.

The game is totally different. That crossup you landed? I blocked that shit bro. You think you're tricky but you're not. Lol this post isn't directed at anyone in particular.

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
Me and @RapZiLLa54 play offline all the time. When we play online (we live 30 mins away from each other) it plays out totally different. I get hit by batman f3 overheads and shit. It's fucking nonsense. He can't block my shit either.

The game is totally different. That crossup you landed? I blocked that shit bro. You think you're tricky but you're not. Lol this post isn't directed at anyone in particular.
I mentioned in another topic that Bethesda made Brink. Brink was a shooting game that blended both Online and Offline experiences. Sure it was bugged because it was made by Bethesda, but I'm thinking that this is the kind of experience that you are both alluding to and would be happy for MK in the future. To have Online run as smooth and uniform as Offline.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
While this topic is a very common one, it literally needs to be touched upon constantly because it will be the factor that makes MKX shine the most.

Killer Instinct came out on the release of Xbone and the online I hear is beautiful, but it isn't played enough by the FGC because at this point its as if its a $400 game.

If Mkx has as crisp online as KI it'll be different though. As seen from the recent thread about Mk9 getting nearly 100k more viewers on IGN than SF4, people even outside of the FGC love Mortal Kombat. The release date is far enough in the future that more people will experience it at release opposed to KI (also because KI is Xbone exclusive).

Last edited:

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
After reading the whole thread, I got two things left to say:

1. To the people saying slight Injustice or SF4 doesn't differ from how the game is played offline, sorry but that is just 100% not true. A huge part of footsies is hitting a button when you think your opponent will hit a button and slight lag destroys that strategy so its why its not as dominating online.

2. Everyone that has read the whole thread is thinking it so I'll just say it:
Everyone knows that online and offline are two different games. Adapt.
And you are entitled because you pay money? HAHAHAHAH. Whatever I say in response to you, you won't listen. Thank you xxx
TRY..... to be more educated within your posts and people would listen to you more often. Starting an opening line with.... Yeah But, No But does not hold one's attention.
You're an idiot. This game is a year away, voicing our concerns at this point is important. We want NRS to succeed way past our little scene when its all said and done.

Last edited:

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
After reading the whole thread, I got two things left to say:

1. To the people saying slight Injustice or SF4 doesn't differ from how the game is played offline, sorry but that is just 100% not true. A huge part of footsies is hitting a button when you think your opponent will hit a button and slight lag destroys that strategy so its why its not as dominating online.

2. Everyone that has read the whole thread is thinking it so I'll just say it:

You're an idiot. This game is a year away, voicing our concerns at this point is important. We want NRS to succeed way past our little scene when its all said and done.
Or I'm having a bad day. You don't know me. Don't be so quick to judge.

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
Yeah but you're not really making sense here. You're talking Europe and I'm talking about netcode...

You don't have to insult the way I write my posts because your argument about the netcode doesn't make sense.
It makes perfect sense to me since the network infrastructure is entirely different from USA ' S (which is outdated and terrible, albeit standard across the board), and although I'm unfamiliar with European regulations, I'm sure mishandled load balancing would definitely play a factor into Europe's subpar performance across different countries (regarding netcode).

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments

LOL Batman has crazy mixups online scrub!

Scoot Magee

It makes perfect sense to me since the network infrastructure is entirely different from USA ' S (which is outdated and terrible, albeit standard across the board), and although I'm unfamiliar with European regulations, I'm sure mishandled load balancing would definitely play a factor into Europe's subpar performance across different countries (regarding netcode).
Dude netcode is the way a game handles lag. It has nothing to do with infrastructure. Some games use delay, some use rollback and some use a combination of both. Ggpo even let's you set the amount of frames of lag to counter heavy rollback. It has nothing to do with anything but how the game handles latency...

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
Dude netcode is the way a game handles lag. It has nothing to do with infrastructure. Some games use delay, some use rollback and some use a combination of both. Ggpo even let's you set the amount of frames of lag to counter heavy rollback. It has nothing to do with anything but how the game handles latency...
I'm familiar with the concept of Netcode and GGPO, but you're not going to sit there and tell me the infrastructure in which the player has to work with has no effect on the gameplay whotsoever, lol. Even Dolan would know better.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
I remember when we used to say Injustice's netcode was way better than MK. Lol, what a bill of goods that was. Yeah...I really hope they fix this because I probably won't have an offline scene for this one either.....
Injustice's online only seems good when the only other FG you've played online is MK9.

Playing SCV , 3S and USF4 makes you not want to touch any current NRS games online.

Scoot Magee

I'm familiar with the concept of Netcode and GGPO, but you're not going to sit there and tell me the infrastructure in which the player has to work with has no effect on the gameplay whotsoever, lol. Even Dolan would know better.
I understand that the quality of a connection can be affected by infrastructure/distance and etc. I never said it didn't but nrs can't re wire the planet. Still like I stated before I've only been talking about netcode. It has nothing to do with infrastructure.

A good netcode will provide quality gameplay with other people from within a reasonable distance. At this point nrs games are not like that. This is the point of the thread.

If you have a shitty internet connection, you're never going to have a good game online. Netcode can only go so far, stop blaming the developers for everything lol.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
As far as online goes for ANY fighting game I think maybe NRS needs to hire someone like Mike Z, to help make the interface and game it's self more user friendly and keep the character balances as a whole on par. Check out this fighting game design panel he did at UFGT...
Why wasn't this video front paged and promoted, it's great!
It's literally everything MKX should have and more!
And I completely agree with the unblockables part.
@STORMS @colt @tylerlansdown @CrimsonShadow

Last edited: