What's new

Please make MKX handle latency better than MK9 and Injustice.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
Everyone knows that online and offline are two different games. Adapt.
Yeah everyone knows the game plays different online, that's why I made this thread. Are you saying you don't want the game to play better online or do you think it can't get any better? I compare this game to other games that have far better gameplay online, all games that came out before Injustice.

I don't see why you would not care for them to focus on good online play. Adapting to the online means just abuse garbage. If that's the kind of game you like then by all means protest against a better netcode.

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
Yeah everyone knows the game plays different online, that's why I made this thread. Are you saying you don't want the game to play better online or do you think it can't get any better? I compare this game to other games that have far better gameplay online, all games that came out before Injustice.

I don't see why you would not care for them to focus on good online play. Adapting to the online means just abuse garbage. If that's the kind of game you like then by all means protest against a better netcode.
Of course I want a good online experience during gameplay. You are forgetting that it is different in Europe than America because The European server has to process players from loads of different countries at the same time. Not to mention the ridiculous connection over the Middle East. Adapting to online means to learn to nullify online exploits that players do to win, such as DS low gun shots or Superman's MK vs DC GP infinite. I would like an online system in MK like SF4 where you can record fights, have playback, watch fights of pro players stored in an online archive. That kind of thing. I would lick you....... But I can taste the salt.

Scoot Magee

Of course I want a good online experience during gameplay. You are forgetting that it is different in Europe than America because The European server has to process players from loads of different countries at the same time. Not to mention the ridiculous connection over the Middle East. Adapting to online means to learn to nullify online exploits that players do to win, such as DS low gun shots or Superman's MK vs DC GP infinite. I would like an online system in MK like SF4 where you can record fights, have playback, watch fights of pro players stored in an online archive. That kind of thing. I would lick you....... But I can taste the salt.
What does Europe have to do with anything? Fighting games are p2p. Netcode has nothing to do with servers.

You made a post implying that we should adapt when I made a thread asking for better netcode. I don't really see the point in a response like that and I had no idea you're from Europe, not that it matters.

Immortal

Blind justice....
Boon told me at Evo that they are not doing the PC port in house, it will be High Voltage or some other studio.
Wait, what?

At E3 he said that they gonna do the next gen in house and maybe PC. Did that changed and now they gonna give some other studio (HV) the PC port? God, i hope not. Latest patch for MK9 (ported by HVS) which was released like a 2 days ago made the online game even worse...

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
What does Europe have to do with anything? I had no idea you're from Europe, not that it matters.
Because the game is released into different regional servers. Yes, Idealistically, MKX would run on one big worldwide server with no lag issues. But that's not going to happen. And you could have looked at my profile to see where I'm from...... Not that it matters.

Scoot Magee

Because the game is released into different regional servers. Yes, Idealistically, MKX would run on one big worldwide server with no lag issues. But that's not going to happen. And you could have looked at my profile to see where I'm from...... Not that it matters.
Yeah but being from Europe has nothing to do with netcode. I had no reason to look at your profile as I had no reason to believe Europe would be part of your argument.

Servers have nothing to do with anything. Fighting games are p2p. In a game with good netcode you shouldn't have any issues playing others from Europe . If you plan on playing overseas that's a different story. I will say ggpo seems to even handle overseas connections well .

GrandMasterson

The Netherrealm beckons
At E3 he said that they gonna do the next gen in house and maybe PC. Did that changed and now they gonna give some other studio (HV) the PC port? God, i hope not. Latest patch for MK9 (ported by HVS) which was released like a 2 days ago made the online game even worse...
I'm just going off what Boon said. If I'm trying to recall his words exactly, he said "We will probably not be handling the PC port for MKX, it will most likely be done by High Voltage or another outside studio."

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
NRS have gotten significantly better at making games over the last few years, I'm expecting great things from MKX.

....just not from their netcode.

I mean at the very least it will probably be better then Injustice.... ya.

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
Yeah but being from Europe has nothing to do with netcode. I had no reason to look at your profile as I had no reason to believe Europe would be part of your argument.

Servers have nothing to do with anything. Fighting games are p2p. In a game with good netcode you shouldn't have any issues playing others from Europe . If you plan on playing overseas that's a different story. I will say ggpo seems to even handle overseas connections well .
TRY..... to be more educated within your posts and people would listen to you more often. Starting an opening line with.... Yeah But, No But does not hold one's attention.

Art

Grave_Intent
As far as online goes for ANY fighting game I think maybe NRS needs to hire someone like Mike Z, to help make the interface and game it's self more user friendly and keep the character balances as a whole on par. Check out this fighting game design panel he did at UFGT...

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
So you're saying... changing your combos to easier, less damaging versions is not bad... Or not doing your usual frame traps because they probably won't work... or jumping around because they can't anti air you... or doing a bunch of online shenanigans that'll only get you blown up if you do them offline... Why would you do that? #1 ranked guy on PS3 is a guy with a godawful connection from Chile, who does nothing but sword flip and gun shots. He's absolutely terrible and doesn't even know sword flip is full combo punishable, but he lags so bad he gets away with it. You're telling me he isn't a mediocre player because he "adapted"?
I would lick you.......

Scoot Magee

TRY..... to be more educated within your posts and people would listen to you more often. Starting an opening line with.... Yeah But, No But does not hold one's attention.
Yeah but you're not really making sense here. You're talking Europe and I'm talking about netcode...

You don't have to insult the way I write my posts because your argument about the netcode doesn't make sense.

Scoot Magee

And you are entitled because you pay money? HAHAHAHAH. Whatever I say in response to you, you won't listen. Thank you xxx
Generally products have a target audience. If the target audience wants something it's likely the company will give it to them to keep the target audience. If the target audience just adapts to the shit net play with lag tactics then the target audience probably won't get better net play.

This is kinda the reason I made this thread.

So you're saying... changing your combos to easier, less damaging versions is not bad... Or not doing your usual frame traps because they probably won't work... or jumping around because they can't anti air you... or doing a bunch of online shenanigans that'll only get you blown up if you do them offline... Why would you do that? #1 ranked guy on PS3 is a guy with a godawful connection from Chile, who does nothing but sword flip and gun shots. He's absolutely terrible and doesn't even know sword flip is full combo punishable, but he lags so bad he gets away with it. You're telling me he isn't a mediocre player because he "adapted"?

okay that's extreme lag, on good connection you can become a fundamentally solid player if you understand frame data. There's a big difference though.

I remember when we used to say Injustice's netcode was way better than MK. Lol, what a bill of goods that was. Yeah...I really hope they fix this because I probably won't have an offline scene for this one either.....
It's categorically better.

It's not good, but seriously, if you play MK9, it's leagues more awful than Injustice.