What's new

Perfect Legend vs King. What really happened.

Would PL have taken the. Win if roles were reversed?

• Yes.

Votes: 128 91.4%
  • No.

Votes: 12 8.6%

• Total voters

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
You know I think King had something to do with it. It was a bit too obvious as PL quit and King was handed off a wad of cash after the fact. With King's shit-eating grin it looked as though there may have been some sort of "underhandedness" going down that may have caused the game to pause. I'm sorry but faces never lie!
I see the crap you post is not limited just to eventhubs.

JDM

Noob
He didn't get BSed out of a win....he dropped his controller, got bodied, then acted like a child. Even if he did get "BSed out of a win", that does not give you the right to act like a little kid who didn't get his way. Well I guess it does, but it shows how immature he is
Yeah he overreacted. But he did get BSed out of a win. He had him in a round ending combo and he accidentally dropped his controller. He had him in a combo and he lost because of a simple mistake not in game.

Pretty sure any of us would be upset.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
This is not a good way to do things, because you can't police this on every station. And you run into other problems.

In fighting games the clock is also a factor, so while you are building up your 50% of meter you are losing clock time,

And honestly, this is an honest question, what do you do if people start pausing on purpose when they have the lead??
I think you really can, just keep police it like you always do, the only difference is that this time it will be less simple than "ok, you paused you lose", because you will have to take the timer and the meter into consideration. I mean if you can set a concrete rule then people will follow it even if it is more complex than the current one. Now about the 50% of meter I talked about, it is just an example, it isn't a definitive idea; but, why do I think a new rule is important? Well, if you watch the pl fk match closely you will notice that pl was about to take the first round for him, so I honestly think he hadn't push the button on purpose, it just would have a negative impact on him (as it happened, because the current rule), so it is more than obvious that there is something wrong with the "pause=lose" rule, I know it should be some kind of penalty to the person than paused but losing the entire match is too much imo.

I really doubt a person will pause on purpose if he has the lead, but I can imagine scenarios where it could benefit him; nevertheless, the new rule should punish that, I know you can't know when the pause was on purpose or not, that is why I said if you don't have the lead then the current rule should be enforced but if you have the lead then a modificated rule should be applied. someone mention why not just removed the pause button from the controller?, but I think you need that button for other things than just pause the screen, plus few people will actually want to own a controller just for tournaments, I guess they use the same controller they use when playing at home.

Again, it is a matter of discussion, someone said that in other games like sfIV you lose a round and not the match; IGAU doesn't have rounds, the current rule doesn't take that in consideration that is why a new rule should be placed to deal with this kind of differences, but bringing the "no, pause=lose, /thread" attitude doesn't help, what it is needed is more discussion.

roosTakk

Chode Juggler
I think you really can, just keep police it like you always do, the only difference is that this time it will be less simple than "ok, you paused you lose", because you will have to take the timer and the meter into consideration. I mean if you can set a concrete rule then people will follow it even if it is more complex than the current one. Now about the 50% of meter I talked about, it is just an example, it isn't a definitive idea; but, why do I think a new rule is important? Well, if you watch the pl fk match closely you will notice that pl was about to take the first round for him, so I honestly think he hadn't push the button on purpose, it just would have a negative impact on him (as it happened, because the current rule), so it is more than obvious that there is something wrong with the "pause=lose" rule, I know it should be some kind of penalty to the person than paused but losing the entire match is too much imo.

I really doubt a person will pause on purpose if he has the lead, but I can imagine scenarios where it could benefit him; nevertheless, the new rule should punish that, I know you can't know when the pause was on purpose or not, that is why I said if you don't have the lead then the current rule should be enforced but if you have the lead then a modificated rule should be applied. someone mention why not just removed the pause button from the controller?, but I think you need that button for other things than just pause the screen, plus few people will actually want to own a controller just for tournaments, I guess they use the same controller they use when playing at home.

Again, it is a matter of discussion, someone said that in other games like sfIV you lose a round and not the match; IGAU doesn't have rounds, the current rule doesn't take that in consideration that is why a new rule should be placed to deal with this kind of differences, but bringing the "no, pause=lose, /thread" attitude doesn't help, what it is needed is more discussion.
Dude...how hard is it to have a wired controller and not hit the pause button. Not hard. Oh yeah and if you do use a wireless one for god knows what reason, .. probably should try to not drop it.

Vagrant

Noob
You know I think King had something to do with it. It was a bit too obvious as PL quit and King was handed off a wad of cash after the fact. With King's shit-eating grin it looked as though there may have been some sort of "underhandedness" going down that may have caused the game to pause. I'm sorry but faces never lie!
I was 10 feet away.

This is 100% false.

And holy shit I can't believe I even have to vouch for this.

Last edited:

Art

Grave_Intent
Yeah, while the 100 people standing behind me weren't watching, I smacked PL's controller out of his hands. Because I'm not good enough to beat PL legit
So the pay-off and shit-eating grin were just because you were trying to look like you were innocent?

On stream it just looked that way I'm sorry but that's the way it looked.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
Dude...how hard is it to have a wired controller and not hit the pause button. Not hard. Oh yeah and if you do use a wireless one for god knows what reason, .. probably should try to not drop it.
I know it is extremely hard, but as people say "sh*t happens", and that is a fact, as it happened to pl.

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
Hey PL, maybe you wouldn't drop your controllers and combos if you had a Jim chant going to coordinate your button presses to. KAPPA

The PantyChrist

Rest in Pantiez
So the pay-off and shit-eating grin were just because you were trying to look like you were innocent?

On stream it just looked that way I'm sorry but that's the way it looked.
If you watch the vid closer you can see forever king reaching over and pushing PLs pause button mid combo...

ok guys I think the bashing has been enough. I don't think the moderators should leave a thread just to bash someone open for so long. No matter what PL's behavior is like, this is a bit much.

there is no bashing in the OP. it was a factual representation of what really happened. there is not a thread on this site that does not have "bashing" in its responses. close them all?
I know, but that is not how it has turned out to be. ofcourse there is some bashing in other threads as well, but PL is just getting crucified here. What else can come from this thread other than PL bashing if it stays on...

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I know, but that is not how it has turned out to be. ofcourse there is some bashing in other threads as well, but PL is just getting crucified here. What else can come from this thread other than PL bashing if it stays on...
And he should. He rage quit and made up blatant lies to try and weasel his way out of a personal mistake.

Karma's a bitch.

well I hope for your sake you NEVER EVER make a mistake in your life because you will get mb b3'd to death...yeah karma is a bitch
it's not the mistake, it's the lying that probably deserves it. you do understand that, right? People forgive mistakes, they are less likely to forgive you for lying about the mistake and blaming everyone else for it.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
it's not the mistake, it's the lying that probably deserves it. you do understand that, right? People forgive mistakes, they are less likely to forgive you for lying about the mistake and blaming everyone else for it.
^^^^^^^^^^

well I hope for your sake you NEVER EVER make a mistake in your life because you will get mb b3'd to death...yeah karma is a bitch
This is funny considering I was the first one to start blowing myself up and making the MB B3 into a joke. If I to this day said that MB B3 beat Scorpion's teleport then the situations might be comparable, but since I laughed my mistake off instead of making up blatant lies to try and cover myself I hardly see how you could compare the two.