What's new

Perfect Legend vs King. What really happened.

Would PL have taken the. Win if roles were reversed?

• Yes.

Votes: 128 91.4%
  • No.

Votes: 12 8.6%

• Total voters
I was sitting next to king.

Prior to this match I had to download a profile to the xbox that would allow us access to the internet to get the hotfix. Nrs tester

It was logged in on the player 1 side. Perfect legend was USING A WIRELESS 360 CONTROLLER (interesting Bc on his twitter he claimed he could of had king d/q'ed for using a wireless controller). Carls controller was on player 1 and the corresponding light on his controller was lit up and using nrs tester.

Carl literally dropped his controller. Mind u I hv never seen anyone ever do that lol. The screen clearly shows nrs tester please reconnect controller. Carl reconnected his controller and Unpaused the game. This is all clear as it could be on the stream archive.

I decided to post about this because of Carl's blatant lies on his twitter. Both players were using xbox 360 controllers with an empty battery pack and the charge cable connecting them to the system.

And let us ask the question. Would perfect legend have taken the win if the roles were reversed? That is a rhetorical question.

There are no rounds in injustice. Just two giant life bars. In the history of tournament play, rules have been: you pause you lose.

I do not like making threads anymore but I don't like Carl lying about forever kings actions Bc he is a good straight forward dude. Again I was in kings coach seat for a first hand view.

My twitter is _p2w_ I posted pics of carls twitter Bc he is known to delete things when caught in a lie.

Edit.
And for the record I am the biggest lag nazi on planet earth. U may laugh at me but I can feel a three frame difference. Mainly from playing ae and having to hit 1-2 frame links on a pad with my character. With that said, the stream setup was absolutely fine.

Last edited:

Jim

Emperor of the Moon
And let us ask the question. Would perfect legend have taken the win if the roles were reversed? That is a rhetorical question.
I don't think you know what a rhetorical question is if you started this thread with a poll asking that very question. :)

Anyway I had a similar situation against Perfect Legend myself at Frosty Faustings. In this case he paused on purpose but it was during the end of round animation when he'd already won first health bar on me. I asked him later in the day if he could honestly say he would have just played it out after he told me that is what I should have done. He said "yes" while also laughing, so take it for what you will.

I will say on this one I just feel bad for him. It is hard to tell 100% what happened from the stream footage but between that and accounts of people that were there certainly seems like it was on his end and it sucks but when a tournament is going on the rules should be enforced. Oh well, maybe one day there will be a great tournament without Carl drama.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
I don't think you know what a rhetorical question is if you started this thread with a poll asking that very question. :)

Anyway I had a similar situation against Perfect Legend myself at Frosty Faustings. In this case he paused on purpose but it was during the end of round animation when he'd already won first health bar on me. I asked him later in the day if he could honestly say he would have just played it out after he told me that is what I should have done. He said "yes" while also laughing, so take it for what you will.

I will say on this one I just feel bad for him. It is hard to tell 100% what happened from the stream footage but between that and accounts of people that were there certainly seems like it was on his end and it sucks but when a tournament is going on the rules should be enforced. Oh well, maybe one day there will be a great tournament without Carl drama.
I don't think you've ever made a post I disagree with. #Jimforposteroftheyear2014

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
King has the right to take the win but I still agree that Shock/a ref/TO should have been called to analyze the situation more than what happened.

I still personally think it's wrong to take a game when it's not you who's doing something or if you don't have the lifelead, but you have every right to do that and the other player shouldn't complain when it's their fault.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I still personally think it's wrong to take a game when it's not you who's doing something or if you don't have the lifelead, but you have every right to do that and the other player shouldn't complain when it's their fault.
That's pretty much how I felt; I wouldn't say it's 'wrong', but I felt that they could have just resync'ed the controller and continued to play the match with PL losing his combo (or possibly just evening up the round). I mainly felt that way because it was a huge match everyone was waiting for, and I didn't see the logic of assuming that Carl would intentionally disconnect himself in the middle of a match he was winning.

It was just an unfortunate situation all the way around -- those guys have been challenging each other for weeks, and no one wanted to see it go down this way.

But, you can never blame someone for taking the match, as it's perfectly within their right to do.

Jeffreys

Grundy think you handsome!
Even though I have been EXTREMELY critical of Perfect Legend I do understand that anyone might have been pissed at that situation. The problem was that he didn't deal with it and just rage quit the next match. Spending so much time and effort on the game and only to be dq'ed by a mistake would rattle anyone in this community. But that line needs to be there to ensure that no ambiguity if something similar happens in the future no matter what scenario. Sure Perfect Legend will get more attention than most people, but that is to be expected due to his accomplishments and ego.

Long story short, I say we drop this and don't make it a big deal anymore.

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
It's definitely not a good situation. It's a tournament and for the person who loses via pause, it hurts like hell. For the other person, the pressure is on them even though the TOs should never put that decision in the player's hands. King actually lost a match to Theo via pausing at SCR so I'm sure he has felt the pain PL was feeling. It sucks, and may not be anyone's fault, as we all make mistakes and things happen-but the rules are rules. Again, let's all remember that it's an unfortunate situation that does happen. It shouldn't be blown up by either player who was involved. We could speculate what coulda and shoulda been, but we all know that won't end up an exercise in civility.

@P2W I see you're clarifying the situation on twitter. I had no knowledge of what was going on there so I can't comment. But this May give more perspective. Ultimately though- we all know this wont end well...

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
How is everyone missing the biggest thing here.

HE DROPPED HIS CONTROLLER,

Pro player,

Xbox sells wired controllers.

I've never seen someone who has won evo before drop there controller.

I think this is the funniest shit I've ever seen in tourny. Maybe not the funniest, but pretty funny.

E

Eldriken

i still dnt know how you drop a controller in a match LMAO, I'm dead serious.
Perhaps he was mashing so hard he dropped it? Other than that, it beats the hell out of me. :confused:

I mean, even that wouldn't make sense since he's a pro player. He wouldn't have any reason to mash, much less hard enough to cause himself to drop his controller.

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
i still dnt know how you drop a controller in a match LMAO, I'm dead serious.
I think PL's side of the story is that when he saw the desync he dropped his controller on purpose as to say "It was not me who paused" while at the same time being able to put his arms up to signify via body language that it was not him.

I know PL plays on stick for other games and while it may be a pain in the butt to play Injustice on stick, he should just make the change already to avoid these situations in the future.

Icy Black Deep

Still training...
Its true, if u watch the video on youtube. King doesnt say a single thing. Hes just smiling haha
He doesn't SAY anything but he is the one who exits the match (4:32 in the video RedRaptor posted, when the game is re-paused it's "Player 2 paused" -- ForeverKing).
I'm not saying it wasn't his right to take the match or even that he shouldn't have, but I think it was very poor sportsmanship to exit the game and make certain courses of action more difficult while the debate was still going on.

I think PL's side of the story is that when he saw the desync he dropped his controller on purpose as to say "It was not me who paused" while at the same time being able to put his arms up to signify via body language that it was not him.

I know PL plays on stick for other games and while it may be a pain in the butt to play Injustice on stick, he should just make the change already to avoid these situations in the future.
hmm, I'm going to have to go with P2w's side only because I know he is a teammate of king and when you are coaching someone, you are usually right next to him, so he had a better view than pretty much anyone.