What's new

Perfect Legend vs King. What really happened.

Would PL have taken the. Win if roles were reversed?

• Yes.

Votes: 128 91.4%
  • No.

Votes: 12 8.6%

• Total voters
He doesn't SAY anything but he is the one who exits the match (4:32 in the video RedRaptor posted, when the game is re-paused it's "Player 2 paused" -- ForeverKing).
I'm not saying it wasn't his right to take the match or even that he shouldn't have, but I think it was very poor sportsmanship to exit the game and make certain courses of action more difficult while the debate was still going on.
King re paused Bc the TO told him to do so. Then the TO said king gets the win and king restarted it.

Ashenar

Just a slightly above average player.....
@P2W I still think they should have given king the first life bar as a victory had it happen again in the set then the match goes to king. Asking a player after that happens to go ahead and try to play it back out again is a little much especially considering how certain people get. It's a 2-3 had it been someone other then carl would king have taken a life bar or a match? I still think a match penalty for the first offense in the set is a bit much.

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
hmm, I'm going to have to go with P2w's side only because I know he is a teammate of king and when you are coaching someone, you are usually right next to him, so he had a better view than pretty much anyone.
I am not taking any sides on this. I was just trying to answer you question about how one goes about dropping a controller.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Can't there just be a rule already where it is an automatic loss so you don't have to even have the option to try to make a player look like a scumbag?
I think there should always be an option for both players to agree on playing it out; it's a good thing for the game and a gesture of goodwill if both people are willing. But no one should ever be considered a scumbag for taking the match.

Branden Delio

PSN: C9-Keiji
Why was giving the whole match to King even considered as the solution in this scenario?

I've been watching IGAU tourney streams for awhile and before they have just taken that life bar if paused. Also if you look at where the game was during the drop/pause/disconnect, whats unfair about plugging the controller back in and unpausing on 3 and going or at least just evening it up with taking both life bars and starting at neutral?? Especially considering the fact that it was mid combo and FK was about to lose his first life bar anyway shit if anything the disconnect helped FK because he would of just hit the ground and probably not lost his life bar as which would of originally happened if it didn't disconnect.

I think something should have been done to make it more FAIR.

and if you want to rebut with "rules are rules" and "it has to be the same for everyone regardless of situation so we chose taking matches" thats fine honestly but in best of 3 that immediately puts the other person at match point, do you not think thats kind of fucked up? if it was best of 5 sure take the match still has a chance to turn it around, but really? taking the match is kind of ridiculous regardless of the scenario in a 2 out of 3 situation.. take the first life bar if thats the case at least give the person a fucking chance..

just my 2 irrelevant ass cents

haketh

Noob
He shouldn't have lost that whole first game, it should have just been the life bar and if they wanted to give someone the game handled it like the situation with street fighter, unpause look at the situation, see what happens and go from there.,I don't like PL but this was handled badly.

How is everyone missing the biggest thing here.

HE DROPPED HIS CONTROLLER,

Pro player,

Xbox sells wired controllers.

I've never seen someone who has won evo before drop there controller.

I think this is the funniest shit I've ever seen in tourny. Maybe not the funniest, but pretty funny.
ChrisG crying over losing on stream was sorta funny, I don't know how I feel about that. Should I feel bad? It is real emotion, but than I say to myself, it's a video game.

Or WolfKrone's early popoff on Ricky than he got bodied, LMAO.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
The rules are in place for the player who pauses to lose.

If the rule all the sudden became "ok, he only loses a life bar" or "ok, we will just restart the match" then you would see alot of scummy shit, and you would need a lot more TO and pool volunteers to watch all the matches. Not saying thats what PL did, or that he would do that, just saying that there is a reason the rule is like that.

Fighting game players are scummy, and the rule was put in place to stop the scummyness. Come prepared with good equipment to play, tourney Vets like PL know this, and he just has to hold that loss.

You can't make special exceptions to rules just because of who a player is.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Anyone who thinks that PL would not have taken the win in the reversed situation is either new, or fucking clueless.

It appears that PL clearly disconnected. Even Tom says "Perfect Legend dropped his controller"

We cannot see PL on stream actually dropping it as Gameplay footage was full screened. I was also to busy looking at King try not to smirk the entire time lol

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
He Ragequit, wow smh. I have nothing against PL but damn though. I thought top players never Ragequit no matter how big their "Ego" is.

haketh

Noob
He Ragequit, wow smh. I have nothing against PL but damn though. I thought top players never Ragequit no matter how big their "Ego" is.
Tpo players are human like anyone else.

And stop bringing up "Would PL have taken it", tha has nothing to do with the situation at hand. We need clear and consise rules but we also need to be aware f all the parts of a situation when a pause happens. Always giving the win to the person who didn't pause is not the right way to handle it.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Why was giving the whole match to King even considered as the solution in this scenario?

I've been watching IGAU tourney streams for awhile and before they have just taken that life bar if paused. Also if you look at where the game was during the drop/pause/disconnect, whats unfair about plugging the controller back in and unpausing on 3 and going or at least just evening it up with taking both life bars and starting at neutral?? Especially considering the fact that it was mid combo and FK was about to lose his first life bar anyway shit if anything the disconnect helped FK because he would of just hit the ground and probably not lost his life bar as which would of originally happened if it didn't disconnect.
I don't know when this has happened tbh. I've never seen it happen where a pause/home button happened and there was anything other than the player taking the game or choosing to restart/let it rock. The problem with taking a lifebar is that you would need to consider both the time and the meter building, which is nearly impossible to replicate.

Jeffreys

Grundy think you handsome!
He shouldn't have lost that whole first game, it should have just been the life bar and if they wanted to give someone the game handled it like the situation with street fighter, unpause look at the situation, see what happens and go from there.,I don't like PL but this was handled badly.
OK consider how badly this can go, a Cyborg player plays against a Grundy player and has the life-lead through zoning and he knows that the only way he could lose is if he was stuck in the corner. Cyborg has around 40% life left on his first bar, and Grundy has around 60% on his second bar but the Cyborg player realizes that he will soon be cornering himself in the corner where Grundy excels (can do 100%+ damage combos in the corner, And he can get his defense trait out nullifying Cyborg's Zoning). So this Cyborg player has a "Hardware malfunction" or "pauses" by accident, maybe his finger slipped because he was "concentrating" too hard and forgot where the buttons were, or the battery "fell" out because it was loose.

So what happens now? Does the Cyborg player lose the 40% off the first lifebar and that is all he lost to create space, or to cause the Grundy player to lose momentum? Perhaps he should lose around 60% of his second lifebar to make it even? How does one measure how much life a person should lose if they get paused, how can they be perfectly accurate? Because if you say a 100% life bar needs to go then you have to be sure to the to the exact percentage wise they have to lose that much and it would be impossible because every character has different damages. Grundy needs every pixel he can get in this matchup because it is so hard to catch a Cyborg so even if you give him a small inch of space he would be able to take advantage of the lost momentum and find a way to escape Grundy's loving arms, so even if Grundy and Cyborg have a similar life percentage, Cyborg is still heavily favored untill Grundy can catch him do huge damage and get his defense trait on and that can only be achieved by catching Cyborg in a combo.

How would you judge this? Well obviously the Cyborg player was "winning" so it couldn't possibly be his fault, it was just a "hardware malfunction"

This is the reason why that if someone has a hardware failure or malfunction they MUST lose the match.

This was just one example, there are probably a ton more that I haven't thought about, but as a Grundy player this immediately comes to mind.

This line/rule must

never

ever

be crossed.

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
Tpo players are human like anyone else.

And stop bringing up "Would PL have taken it", tha has nothing to do with the situation at hand. We need clear and consise rules but we also need to be aware f all the parts of a situation when a pause happens. Always giving the win to the person who didn't pause is not the right way to handle it.