What's new

People who think counter-picking is "sleezy or impure"

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
its hilarious when someone goes hidden cursor right away and I pick MMH(no shame, whats the worst thats gonna happen honestly lol) and it takes them 30 seconds to pick someone because theyre trying to figure out how to counterpick him

NoobHunter420

Scrub God Lord
is fine to be a tier whore, but don't come looking for props when you counter pick at the slightest sight of struggle.
Most people really enjoy the characters that they play, what's the point of playing a game if you aren't having fun?

Ratchet-Fabulous

#TeamTwirl
If people get upset about counterpicking, then you should have a counterpick for their counterpick and so on. Otherwise, you should just let your cursor rest next to the character that you want to use and right when the time hits zero, move the cursor to your character so they don't have time to counterpick. If they want to play dirty, just play dirty back.

Reactions: MKB

Breakin Wordzz

Best Rengar NA, also ares of world

First off, i'm pulling a perfect legend by making 2 threads as today is my first day back from my ban, and i REALLY crave attention....

My philosophy is this, if you have the confidence and skill to play more than one character at a high level, why not exploit that fact... you go to tournaments to win, period. Now it goes along way, and i've learned the hard way, playing with more than one character can fuck you over because people like woundcowboy MASTER one character and it shows..

Now i think your sleezy if you play doomsday and it kills me to see the better players like reo (though he needs to work on the mu) and playing to win lose in tournaments when they seem like the strongest players, but at the end of the day fighting games, especially injustice are 90% systematic exploitation.

People who travel to tournaments and expend resources and time to play characters like lex luthor, joker, or 50% of the cast are nuts, and deserve to be counter-picked, unless they have a strong secondary to counter-act their bad matchups. I think, if you want to be the best, you are foolish not to pick a top tier character or even two to play with, and foolish not to exploit matchups if you know them...

People may call this dishonorable and/or scrubby but the same people are nursing on the tits of the scrubby shit in this game...

that being said i could never bring myself to pick up scrubby ass sonya
not only is this stupid pecka but im sure many players play to earn respect. would you rather win evo with superman and get booed and have everyone stop watching? or would you rather win evo with fucking lobo and have everyone go hype as shit?
"If you dont play martain at tournaments you're a retard" - Peckapowa you play zod tho lol

GhosT

Noob
@Peckapowa
My philosophy . Offline is a back ally fight. Anything goes within the rules.

As for casuals. If you main someone. Before counterpicking a bad mu at least put in the effort of ten games or so with your main to improve in that bad mu before going to your secondary.

Tournament play does not allow the liberty of switching at will.

I agree if you just love to play a certain low or mid tier. It's a wise choice to have a backup high tier to cover your back.

Unless you just have no fun playing high tier. At the end of the day it's all about fun

bettyswallaux

XBOXLive: BettySwallaux
sometimes a counterpick is a must, as a smoke main i have grinded through kabal matchups and the JC matchup and can win some matches vs high level players of said characters. however i have to counterpick vs kung lao as its almost unwinnable at a high level

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
When people counter pick because you just beat them in a set. They start picking the character you just beat them with, so you counter their counter pick by choosing the character they just lost with. Talk about bitterness of ego.

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
Look at the thread title. Sleazy. Yeah, counter pickers are really going to stand on street corners wearing overcoats selling hiden cursors for sleaze.