What's new

General/Other - Takeda (Old) Takahashi Takeda General Pre-Release Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
Ha, I didn't even realize that was him uppercutting that dude; I thought it was cutting to a new character. X-Ray confirmed.

[Edit] Oh no, that is a previous shot of the female character uppercutting that dude. Though that still looks like his x-ray based on the followup of the whip going into Torr's mouth.
It's not, that's a quick cut to Jacqui X-Raying Kotal. That gif needs slown down.

cfw

Toys can't save you!
Ha, I didn't even realize that was him uppercutting that dude; I thought it was cutting to a new character. X-Ray confirmed.

[Edit] Oh no, that is a previous shot of the female character uppercutting that dude. Though that still looks like his x-ray based on the followup of the whip going into Torr's mouth.
There's three characters shown in that gif; Takeda, Jin, and Jacqui.

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
It's not, that's a quick cut to Jacqui X-Raying Kotal. That gif needs slown down.

what it looks like is that Takeda lands an xray (the first over whip hitting) then they do a quick cut over to just part of Jacqui's xray as well , like all in one seemless montage ..

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
There's three characters shown in that gif; Takeda, Jin, and Jacqui.
In the gif? Where is Jin? I only see Jacqui uppercutting some poor bastard and Tekada making Torr go "aaaggghhh".

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
what it looks like is that Takeda lands an xray (the first over whip hitting) then they do a quick cut over to just part of Jacqui's xray as well , like all in one seemless montage ..
Nope, if you watch the video, Jacqui's X-Ray is first. The gif starts about 2 seconds too early. It cuts from Jacqui's xray to Takeda's overhead whip slam.

cfw

Toys can't save you!
It's soooooo fast, but right in the middle is what looks like his fatality on Reptile.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
It's soooooo fast, but right in the middle is what looks like his fatality on Reptile.
Oh, for just a split second? Gotcha, yeah, in the video it cuts from Takeda to Jin; I didn't even see it in the gif until just now.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Could Takeda have been the statue that everyone thought was Liu?
Maybe, though since it's the tower it could still be Liu. I have a feeling a lot of unplayable characters will be making cameos in the tower.

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
Nope, if you watch the video, Jacqui's X-Ray is first. The gif starts about 2 seconds too early. It cuts from Jacqui's xray to Takeda's overhead whip slam.

I made it longer...

Looks like its first a part of Jacqui's xray, THEN the start of Takeda's xray and finally what seems like Kung Jin's fatality

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I cannot wait to get my hands on this character. I hope he's got a Command Throw variation with some nice ranged straight and angled whip throws. A sweep like Lobo's low special would also be pretty sweet.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
That second part of the gif is not his xray, only the over head is the beginning of the xray. The second part seems to be a fatality because you notice that torr's arms are ripped off. X rays cannot take limbs off lol
Ooh, good call. Then here's hoping he just has a crazy jump-forward armored overhead launching whip smash!

DWednesday

Undisputed #1 ScrubBot Worldwide.
That second part of the gif is not his xray, only the over head is the beginning of the xray. The second part seems to be a fatality because you notice that torr's arms are ripped off. X rays cannot take limbs off lol
Yeah, plus I'm pree sure he's wearing a mask in one shot.

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
Yea my first gif was confusing... But the sequence goes as : first part of Jacqui's xray, THEN the startup overhead of Takeda's xray and some of the rest of it and then finally Kung Jin's fatal.

chores

bad at things
how do we know that its his xray vs an ex special? i think it probably is because ferra goes flying off which is probably universal to people xraying ferra/torr

Status
Not open for further replies.