What's new

General/Other - Sub-Zero (Old) Sub-Zero Pre-Release General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
Its good you guy are speculating,but don't read too much into these videos that are being posted.....we won't know how Sub-Zero really plays until the final bulid.

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
Is it just me or does anyone else feel like Sub Zero's ice clone and iceball will be S+ tier without the ability to dash block?

Commit to dash for pressure? Eat this clone.

Try to run in for pressure? Eat this ice ball.

I for one am hype because Im a looong time Sub Zeri fan and would love for him to be mainable.

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
Yea it just means Sub-Zero will be more of a bitch to fight againist now.You'll gonna need more patience then ever if you wanna win againist him and I'm lovin it <3

Hini

Batomancer
Haven't read through the whole thread I'm afraid, so I'm not sure if it's been discussed, but does anyone else abhor Sub's new XRay? I'm not a fan of the new ending, but more importantly it seems completely defensive.

I'm really hoping we're either going to be able to select different XRs, or that each Variation will have its own XR to compliment it.

Or, third option, if SZ's XR is the same as it used to be except you can hold it for the parrying aspect, that's all good too.
Visually I think it looks amazing but I agree not a fan of it being so defensive when there already is a variation with a standard parry move, however we shall wait and see.

Dont hold your breath for variation XR's however, as Ed Boon said that they are not doing that.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Dont hold your breath for variation XR's however, as Ed Boon said that they are not doing that.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aw, he said that? : (

I can already see the crying for Subz nerfs day one lol
No! We have to make a pakt as a kommunity that we won't kry for buffs or nerfs! At least not for the first 6 months or more. We need to give the game time to grow and evolve.

Also, Clone eating projectiles is a double-edged sword.

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
Aw, he said that? : (

No! We have to make a pakt as a kommunity that we won't kry for buffs or nerfs! At least not for the first 6 months or more. We need to give the game time to grow and evolve.

Also, Clone eating projectiles is a double-edged sword.
I kind of have an idea why it might be a double-edged sword,but I wanna know what makes you think that?

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
IDK, is it me, or does this look like Subs iceball collided with Scorpions hellball and won?

His fireball exploded in mid air.
For reference.

Here is the impact animation of is hell ball.
And here is the animation just flying.

So there is no extra animations that happen mid flight.
Or maybe he can meter burn his fireball mid air to explode? But he doesn't have the MB glow though... hmm.
That's the ex version of ice blast...

if you watch the gameplay videos his normal ice blast is a one handed throw. He's using two hands there.

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
Not really digging the injustice style combos with jip 1 mid combo. =/

Hopefully he has better ones.
I actually really like the j/1/2/3 combos! Idk they r just fun to do. I'm sure instead of j1 he could have done at least two j2 juggles before ending it with a grounded combo!

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I actually really like the j/1/2/3 combos! Idk they r just fun to do. I'm sure instead of j1 he could have done at least two j2 juggles before ending it with a grounded combo!
bleh.

If I'm gonna juggle... I like staying on the ground and dashing.

Doing that makes all the combos look the same... everything in injustice is... NJ/Ji/Start from ground, pop up, jump attack, ending string... or for more damage... a B3 THEN a jump attack to ending string.

Is it just me or does anyone else feel like Sub Zero's ice clone and iceball will be S+ tier without the ability to dash block?

Commit to dash for pressure? Eat this clone.

Try to run in for pressure? Eat this ice ball.

I for one am hype because Im a looong time Sub Zeri fan and would love for him to be mainable.
This will be a welcome change from having people dash up into the iceclone and somehow pop it with their block.

I'm also loving that it looks like SZ finally has some lows. Give him some overheads, and he could be very dangerous up close, what with being able to cancel unsafe strings into clone.

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
bleh.

If I'm gonna juggle... I like staying on the ground and dashing.

Doing that makes all the combos look the same... everything in injustice is... NJ/Ji/Start from ground, pop up, jump attack, ending string... or for more damage... a B3 THEN a jump attack to ending string.
Bleh.

I find it fun. if you dont like it dont play it.

Status
Not open for further replies.