What's new

General/Other - Sub-Zero (Old) Sub-Zero Pre-Release General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I think corner game is going to be weak in general in MKX due to the fact that some stages(and every one shown thus far) will let you jump off the corner walls and to safety.

He can detonate his clone, so I guess that can make enemies think before approaching it too closely.

SilverKeyMan

Dropping Combos like a MotherFucker!
I think corner game is going to be weak in general in MKX due to the fact that some stages(and every one shown thus far) will let you jump off the corner walls and to safety.
I wonder if the jump distance will be the same for each character. If so, great place to leave a clone (if using Grand Master).

ROtagaki

Praise the Sun! Hail Kotal Khan!

Can someone confirm that at 1:15 at this vídeo Sub-Zero does his X-Ray and during the charge D´Vorrah throws na interactable at him and SHE GETS FROZEN???

Am I just seeing things or is he really that awesome in this game????

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele

Can someone confirm that at 1:15 at this vídeo Sub-Zero does his X-Ray and during the charge D´Vorrah throws na interactable at him and SHE GETS FROZEN???

Yeah. It's pretty much similar to Johnny Cage's X Ray where if you're close enough, anything will get parried.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face

So far we all think his X-Ray is a parry, like Cage in MK9. Cage's X-Ray used to parry everything if the opponent was close enough, including projectiles and even Sub-Zero's clone.
So that's probably how he parried the interactable.

Another wild explanation is that his X-Ray while charged freezes opponents while they are close, like his move in MK: DA. But I doubt it.

ROtagaki

Praise the Sun! Hail Kotal Khan!
So far we all think his X-Ray is a parry, like Cage in MK9. Cage's X-Ray used to parry everything if the opponent was close enough, including projectiles and even Sub-Zero's clone.
So that's probably how he parried the interactable.

Another wild explanation is that his X-Ray while charged freezes opponents while they are close, like his move in MK: DA. But I doubt it.
Yeah, I just remembered how JC X-Ray worked on MK9! Thanks for the reply anyway! :)

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
I quite like his new look actually, not sure if I'll main him but it'll be worth a look at how he plays so I know who to counterpick him with :DOGE

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
To be honest jumping off a interactable looks kind of slow to me,so you won't need to really react to anything.If your not really pressing any buttons,walking back and forward around there foostie range,you could easily run and get a full combo punish from them just trying to get away.

And no I don't think interactable will make his corner game messy.....only stronger.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I'm curious as to the usefullness of the ice clone now that it is confirmed to be throwable by BOTH characters... wouldnt this mean it would be a terrible wake up option? As an opponent you could simply pressure SZ on wake up and just grab the clone as he trys to make space...

Also wouldnt jailing in the corner be difficult as well? Oh... you put a clone in front of me? Here let me just throw it at you....
The opponent can't throw non-ex clones.

Mr_Swizzer

OUTCAST
Dat over head hammer looks like it has some good range on it.

The purpose for the clone in MK9 was to bait your opponent into a clone so the same principle applies here unless certain game mechanics allow you to push your opponent into one, Kinda void until release :)

Status
Not open for further replies.