What's new

Official UMK3:TE Changelog and Discussion Thread

DWednesday

Undisputed #1 ScrubBot Worldwide.
With regards to Sektor/Smoke always coming up on the left side of the opponent when the TPU is the 2nd hit in a combo, it DOES NOT happen in regular plain old MK3. Maybe a trip back to that code would do some good.
@DWednesday
I still dont know how to unlock Scrubbot in MK3 :( I wanna see if he's got a certain corner inf. I know the harpoon has a slower startup in that version though :(

Ticroo

Noob
i just wonder: is it so hard to add the trilogy exclusive moves?

i mean, if you are able to add noob saibot combo, then why not scorpion's front teleport punch and sektors double missiles?
Well, the way I figured out, the aim is to make the game as balanced as possible and adding Front Teleport Punch to Scorpion and Double Missile to Sektor might do just the opposite. I mean, with the buffs those two already received, the specials in question seem pretty redundant. :/ Personally, I'd like to see some new finishers (and remove a lot of old ones), but I realize that the gameplay comes first, so, once that is taken care of, hopefully there will be room for adding and/or modifying fatalities. :)

Well, the way I figured out, the aim is to make the game as balanced as possible and adding Front Teleport Punch to Scorpion and Double Missile to Sektor might do just the opposite. I mean, with the buffs those two already received, the specials in question seem pretty redundant. :/ Personally, I'd like to see some new finishers (and remove a lot of old ones), but I realize that the gameplay comes first, so, once that is taken care of, hopefully there will be room for adding and/or modifying fatalities. :)
then i wish the hacker show us the way he alter the game... i dreamed the arcade version of umk3 with characters, moves, fatalities etc from mk trilogy. i have the time to involve but not the knowledge so i just playing with hex values, and try to learn how the game works.

to be the game complete (as i want it) i think at least it needs import of rain and fix motaro and shao kahn glitches. then none of us will prefer the console versions of the game... i hope hacker will see that post :/

GetSpookd

#1 Enemy : Rust.
then i wish the hacker show us the way he alter the game... i dreamed the arcade version of umk3 with characters, moves, fatalities etc from mk trilogy. i have the time to involve but not the knowledge so i just playing with hex values, and try to learn how the game works.

to be the game complete (as i want it) i think at least it needs import of rain and fix motaro and shao kahn glitches. then none of us will prefer the console versions of the game... i hope hacker will see that post :/
There has been a discussion regarding reveling the "hackers way" of modding the game.
It's still something that he wants to keep it secret for some undisclosed reason.

There has been a discussion regarding reveling the "hackers way" of modding the game.
It's still something that he wants to keep it secret for some undisclosed reason.
Most likely because there don't need to be a dozen custom versions of UMK3 floating around.

is it bad to having multiple dose of umk3 hacks? i think its a way to keep the game alive. so many people have the same dream, to play a full version of trilogy, something like umkt but not with the crap genesis graphics.

i know thats not possible to be an one man project, but maybe a kommunity project with a lot of guys having the magic assembly knowledge maybe could handle that.

hacker behind this project must share his knowledge

That's blockable though? Pretty sure that's vs. CPU only.
I was thinking more 5 hit dial-up, Harpoon, repeat. Iunno how slow the Harpoon is in this game though.
I couldn't a spear to hit on any of his 3 knockdown combos in the corner vs robots or jax, but I could on Sheeva. I could get a roundhouse into spear though, RH is WAYYYY easier on sheeva than jax or the robos. RH's have no corner pushback in MK3 :)

Last edited:

DWednesday

Undisputed #1 ScrubBot Worldwide.
I couldn't a spear to hit on any of his 3 knockdown combos in the corner vs robots or jax, but I could on Sheeva. I could get a roundhouse into spear though, RH is WAYYYY easier on sheeva than jax or the robos. RH's have no corner pushback in MK3 :)
RH, Harp, RH inf :D

klala

Noob
is it bad to having multiple dose of umk3 hacks? i think its a way to keep the game alive. so many people have the same dream, to play a full version of trilogy, something like umkt but not with the crap genesis graphics.

i know thats not possible to be an one man project, but maybe a kommunity project with a lot of guys having the magic assembly knowledge maybe could handle that.

hacker behind this project must share his knowledge
Yes, one community produces more than one hacker.

i just wonder: is it so hard to add the trilogy exclusive moves?

i mean, if you are able to add noob saibot combo, then why not scorpion's front teleport punch and sektors double missiles?
Add combos is easier because each hit has a standard code in which you can change the image of the hit and the reaction of the opponent.
On the other hand, Scorpion's front teleport punch and sektors double missiles, are not present in the form of a standard code, require the creation of a new code, a little more time to make, but totally possible. I have done somethings, see Cyrax Hack Arcade Demonstration in youtube.

I believe this will happen, if he doesn't show, I think to do. But I hope to bring together fans able and willing with knowledge of C language and assembly TMS34010, just that, gathering in a production community and not an isolated figure as a "hacker".

Last edited:
Yes, one community produces more than one hacker.

Add combos is easier because each hit has a standard code in which you can change the image of the hit and the reaction of the opponent.
On the other hand, Scorpion's front telport and sektors double punch and missiles, are not present in the form of a standard code, require the creation of a new code, a little more time to make, but totally possible. I have done somethings, see Cyrax Hack Arcade Demonstration in youtube.

I believe this will happen, if he doesn't show, I think to do. But I hope to bring together fans able and willing with knowledge of C language and assembly TMS34010, just that, gathering in a production community and not an isolated figure as a "hacker".
What comes of this is that we have a true mugen using source code. That buggers up Mame if there are a dozen different versions with the same title floating around.
Not saying if that's good or bad.

Ticroo

Noob
I believe that Hacker is doing the right thing. No need for multiple edits of the game. This small community is doing an excellent job in making the UMK3 as balanced and competitive as possible. Honestly, I don't get the fascination with broken MK Trilogy... Okay, so fanboys wish for OP Scorpion, no surprise there. There are plenty of crappy MUGEN projects going around, so fell free to download those and 'enjoy' Bloody Scorpion, Inferno Scorpion or some glitchy shit like that. With their recent UMK3TE buffs, both Sektor and Scorpion have definitely gone up in the tier list. Giving them Double Missile and/or Forward Teleport Punch at this point could lead to some devastating combos thus making the game broken again and all the great work so far pointless.

Moving on to another topic: I noticed that sometimes CPU controlled opponent recovers too fast after being hit with Ermac's fireball. I'm not sure if this happens in two player game, though.

Last edited:
I believe that Hacker is doing the right thing. No need for multiple edits of the game. This small community is doing an excellent job in making the UMK3 as balanced and competitive as possible. Honestly, I don't get the fascination with broken MK Trilogy... Okay, so fanboys wish for OP Scorpion, no surprise there. There are plenty of crappy MUGEN projects going around, so fell free to download those and 'enjoy' Bloody Scorpion, Inferno Scorpion or some glitchy shit like that. With their recent UMK3TE buffs, both Sektor and Scorpion have definitely gone up in the tier list. Giving them Double Missile and/or Forward Teleport Punch at this point could lead to some devastating combos thus making the game broken again and all the great work so far pointless.

Moving on to another topic: I noticed that sometimes CPU controlled opponent recovers too fast after being hit with Ermac's fireball. I'm not sure if this happens in two player game, though.
mkt is the official updated version of umk3. i still can't understand why isn't accepted from you. hacker who haves the skill could also create a second hack who doesn't need to point to balance so no need to sacrifice anything. mugen is a fan game, not a hack. none are happy when playing fan games. there is a reason umkt hack is so successful

also a umk3TE bug: if you do a teleport punch with human smoke while you are invisible, then you will lose the invisibility

I'm going to respectfully disagree with SOME statements here.
No there don't need to be a billion versions of the game - that's what mugen is for. However, if we aren't careful, TE will end up looking like mugen.
I wouldn't mind seeing a game similar to trilogy in respect to recovery Frame changes etc.

However, balance may be stated, but certainly not executed. Lower tier characters have been buffed to where they're nearly over powering. Kitana was given another combo that simply adds a hit in the middle of an existing combo. Why? Timing purposes. Scorpion had a knee starter into elbow Mini pop up, taken away because it gave him too many options. What??
Kabals 3 hit kick combo was removed. Why?? I think it gives him options and alters timing.
Granted you're not going to get every character into A-tier relative to every other character and match up, but the game needs to be more balancing and less 'what we think it should be'.
Remove broken infs I guess I understand. Get rid of relaunchers after a hit count ok. Eat a punch to get rid of corner pressure? Ok...

GetSpookd

Honestly, I don't get the fascination with broken MK Trilogy...
I like it cause of the higher fps it has. I love how fast and intense matches in that game can get.

Okay, so fanboys wish for OP Scorpion, no surprise there. There are plenty of crappy MUGEN projects going around, so fell free to download those and 'enjoy' Bloody Scorpion, Inferno Scorpion or some glitchy shit like that.
Fanboys wish for more unique Scorpion. He's just a worse Smoke in that game. Still, the thing about MUGEN is that it doesnt plays like the actual arcade game, not because of the glitchy characters but because of the code itself, you for example juggle in that game as in arcade mk games.

People make shitty mods which end up not being played by many people. Your point was?

Ticroo

Noob
I like it cause of the higher fps it has. I love how fast and intense matches in that game can get.

Fanboys wish for more unique Scorpion. He's just a worse Smoke in that game. Still, the thing about MUGEN is that it doesnt plays like the actual arcade game, not because of the glitchy characters but because of the code itself, you for example juggle in that game as in arcade mk games.

People make shitty mods which end up not being played by many people. Your point was?
Well then, there you have it: Scorpion is buffed and Smoke nerfed to further distinguish the two. What's the problem? As for MUGEN, you just make me repeat myself. It really doesn't matter whether it's the code or characters... The fact is that the thing (MUGEN) plays like shit and isn't even worth the time. However, giving the people a possibility of altering UMK3's original code is almost certain to flood the internet with unfinished and horribly unbalanced half-ass projects similar in gameplay to MUGEN. I feel that this project, on the other hand, is delivered with a dose of professionalism and long time gaming experience and I would therefore hate to see it fall in obscurity in favor of aforementioned hacks.

GetSpookd

Well then, there you have it: Scorpion is buffed and Smoke nerfed to further distinguish the two. What's the problem? As for MUGEN, you just make me repeat myself. It really doesn't matter whether it's the code or characters... The fact is that the thing (MUGEN) plays like shit and isn't even worth the time. However, giving the people a possibility of altering UMK3's original code is almost certain to flood the internet with unfinished and horribly unbalanced half-ass projects similar in gameplay to MUGEN. I feel that this project, on the other hand, is delivered with a dose of professionalism and long time gaming experience and I would therefore hate to see it fall in obscurity in favor of aforementioned hacks.
You were the one who stated that people like MKT because it gives to them the OP Scorp they wanted so much.
The point is that the said Scorp buff and Smoke nerf, could've just as, if not more, easily happen if the knowledge of altering the UMK3 code was made public.
As for MUGEN, you just make me repeat myself. The fact is that the thing (MUGEN) plays like shit and isn't even worth the time.
You're really repeating me here but in more explicit way. By saying that MUGEN doesn't plays like the arcade, It is an obvious implication that it is shit.
I feel that this project, on the other hand, is delivered with a dose of professionalism and long time gaming experience
Don't get me wrong, I don't deny that but I also feel that out there there might be other people with just as much/more experience/skill of the game and programming knowledge who could do/help/revive the community with their projects.
It really just feels like "muh elitilism", "my secret closed club", "muh special experiance and only I can do it right" attitude.

I don't see how it would any damage. Shitty umk3 mods overshadowing UMK3TE? I don't know about you but regardless of any other possible umk3 hack, I'm still going to play UMK3 TE, imo it really delivers the balance. I think people who are looking forward to TE would play it aswell.
So we have this small community of people who want to play TE, knowledge goes public, more umk3 hacks pop up, the same community will still play TE, but on top of that, you have more people catching interest in UMK3 as a game to mod and through that, more people may notice TE and get some interest in it. Don't you think TE would benefit from it in the long run anyway?

NSR

Also known as Futuretime23
well, being serious now.
What I've heard is that Unmasked Sub-Zero and Classic Sub-Zero are both high tier characters now. That's about it, really.