What's new

Official UMK3:TE Changelog and Discussion Thread

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Does this game the option to enable visible hitboxes?
I think the author made it possible in UMKII:TE with the Throwing Disabled "kode" if I remember correctly.
He made it for this game? not yet? never will do it?
it's on the list, but not a priority.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I only have the first public release beta. Did some of these hit for hit, just a few points difference. Curious as to the logic. No downing it, just wondering the rationale.
More damage is the rationale. Before, the spear always caused DP which made naked spears do very low damage overall. Now it causes DP on hits 2-3 and Double DP on hits 4-5 (which is the maximum). So naked spear does much more than it did before and the others are just slightly increased.

Some good news, Scorpion Forward Teleport Punch is close to being a reality. I played around with an early version of it and the collision is active before the punch even comes out, but it works and is a start!

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Actually looking back, the naked spear does 3% more. The others do 2-5% less due to normalization of the Spear and Teleport Damage as they were initially increased in damage before.

So a comparison of the combos in the video:
spear, knee,lp, tp, spear, knee,d+lp,d+hp, rc~hp, jk
32 beta 8 - 34%
34 - 37%

knee,lp, jk~tp, spear, knee,d+lp,d+hp, rc~hp, jk
32 beta 8 - 41%
34 - 39%

aahphp, jk~tp, spear, knee,d+lp,d+hp, rc~hp, jk
32 beta 8 - 53%
34 - 48%

This is more consistent and more easily adjustable as time goes on with testing.

Things that brought the damage up after the DP adjustments are knee,lp does 1.5% more damage than in vanilla. Spear does 0.5% more damage than in vanilla.

Scorpion does too much damage now with his new tools, I'm pretty sure he will get his taken down a notch once he gets the forward tp. The last thing anyone wants is for Human Smoke to become Dust and Ermac to become Ermyth @Shock ... we want them to all be still really good and able to win.

Last edited:
Actually looking back, the naked spear does 3% more. The others do 2-5% less due to normalization of the Spear and Teleport Damage as they were initially increased in damage before.

32 beta 8 - 34%
34 - 37%

32 beta 8 - 41%
34 - 39%

32 beta 8 - 53%
34 - 48%

This is more consistent and more easily adjustable as time goes on with testing.

Things that brought the damage up after the DP adjustments are knee,lp does 1.5% more damage than in vanilla. Spear does 0.5% more damage than in vanilla.

Scorpion does too much damage now with his new tools, I'm pretty sure he will get his taken down a notch once he gets the forward tp. The last thing anyone wants is for Human Smoke to become Dust and Ermac to become Ermyth @Shock ... we want them to all be still really good and able to win.
Give him his air throw back.

32 beta 8 - 34%
34 - 37%

32 beta 8 - 41%
34 - 39%

32 beta 8 - 53%
34 - 48%

OK, so here's a question for el hackerino...
I notice certain stages... Subway, Bank/Kave, Street, and Rooftop, and maybe even the Temple (church, whatever) cut the musical "intros" in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Are those separate tracks in the ROMs, or does the game just know to skip to a certain part of the music in round 2/3?

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I notice certain stages... Subway, Bank/Kave, Street, and Rooftop, and maybe even the Temple (church, whatever) cut the musical "intros" in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Are those separate tracks in the ROMs, or does the game just know to skip to a certain part of the music in round 2/3?
I'll ask.

meanwhile we've got classic sub getting 51% off a freeze (freeze, sujk, hp hp lp d+hp), deep jump kick, lp, lk, and 59% in the corner. (freeze, sujk, hp hp lp d+hp, jk, rh, hk).
He needs it!

GetSpookd

#1 Enemy : Rust.
Some good news, Scorpion Forward Teleport Punch is close to being a reality. I played around with an early version of it and the collision is active before the punch even comes out, but it works and is a start!
Oooooohhh. I'd love to see that some time in the future !

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
He hasn't looked at the music at all, so he doesn't know.

I bet if you looked at the source code, it would explain how it works:
http://assemblergames.com/l/threads/3do-ultimate-mortal-kombat-art-source.30454/

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Revision 2.0.034 is out!

Changes since last release:
NOTE: The last release was nearly a year ago with Revision 2.0.032 Beta 8.
There have been two versions since then and their changes are listed below.

Revision 2.0.033 Changes:
* Fixed 2.0.032 bugs:
--Bug where Stryker's Riot Gun lost it's Disable Timer has been fixed
--Bug where Scorpion's U+LP combo ender sometimes reverted to the original hit reaction in 2v2 has been fixed
--Bug where Sektor's Teleport Uppercut sometimes didn't set Damage Protection if the Hit Count >= 3 in 2v2 has been fixed
* Added Human Smoke and Noob Saibot to the select screen (no portraits yet)
* Scorpion U+LP combo ender juggle height increased very slightly to allow TP to combo easier
* You can now jump after a Spear with Scorpion
* Pushback on corner jab hit now only occurs if opponent is fully in the corner

Revision 2.0.034 Changes:
GENERAL:
* Fix recovery animation for characters with added autocombo paths
-- Jade Knee,HK fixed
-- Kabal Knee,LK fixed
-- Ermac Knee,HK fixed
-- Kitana Knee,HK fixed
* Drones on the select screen are now in front of the portraits on the select screen in 1v1 Kombat
NOTE: Select cursor is still in front of the drones.

UNIVERSAL NORMALS:
* Reverted changes to Elbow/Knee hit reaction that gave the attacker more frames
* C.HK recovery on collision increased from 8 to 12 frames (vanilla is 16 frames)
* C.LK recovery reverted
* C.LP recovery and collision changes reverted

SHEEVA:
* Reverted damage on Sheeva SUJK, SUJP, JP, Elbow, and Knee
* Increase Sheeva Stomp disable timer from 128 to 160
* Added a proximity requirement to Sheeva Stomp for it to popup (currently just inside jump distance)

KABAL:
* Kabal Blur is now active 1 frame sooner (previous versions have 5 additional startup frames, this is now 4)
* Kabal Air Fireball Disable Timer removed
* Kabal Air Fireball now has a height restriction on the way up only. The lowest possible point still connects on Sheeva, Jax, and the Robots standing.

USUB:
* Reverted U.Sub Slide hitbox changes
* Reverted U.Sub JK downward hitbox changes (backward hitbox change still intact)

JADE:
* Fixed glitch where you could do a special move to keep Jade's Returnarang bouncing back and forth more than intended
* Jade Green Kick now uses its own Hit Reaction Routine with less knockback and original screen shake on hit.

SINDEL:
* Reduce Sindel Air Fireball Disable Timer by 12 frames (create routine to allow for different values depending on opponent's proximity to the corner, currently they are the same at 36 frames)

STRYKER:
* Stryker Riot Gun recovery reduced by 9 frames on ground collision (hit or block)

SONYA:
* Removed the last two animation recovery frames from Sonya's B+HP Combo Ender

HUMAN SMOKE:
* Human Smoke damage adjusted:
-- Spear damage changed to 12 (down from 14, vanilla is 8)
-- Teleport damage reverted (down from 20 to 15 vanilla)
-- Knee,LP data now separate from Kano and damage increased by 3
-- Spear now causes DP if the hit count is 2 or 3 and Double DP if the hit count is >= 4

SCORPION:
* Scorpion second hit of HP,HP combo damage reduced from 7 to 3
* Scorpion HK part of Knee,HK combo damage reduced from 7 to 3
* Scorpion last hit of HP,HP,U+LP combo damage reduced from 7 to 3
* Scorpion HP,HP,U+LP block reaction changed to a normal blocked combo attack to cause less blockstun and pushback (from +10 to -3)

OSUB:
* OSZ reduce damage on the second HP of the HP,HP combo from 7 to 3
* OSZ reduce damage on the D+LP of the HP,HP,D+LP combo from 7 to 3
* OSZ reduce damage on the D+HP part of the HP,HP,D+LP,D+HP combo from 7 to 3

SEKTOR:
* Sektor Dumb Missile Hit Reaction changed to remove the blood effect

http://testyourmight.com/threads/umk3-te-public-beta-has-released-to-the-public.47204/

^^ Please use the above thread link to discuss the release. Use this one to discuss the changes or anything else related to it.

This thread OP will be updated when I have time.

And as always...
DON'T ASK FOR ROMS!

@Shock @Juggs @tehdrewsus @DWednesday @Tim Static @ZAQ @nwo

Last edited:

nwo

Noob
Any of you guys want to give this new TE beta a spin? Like just casuals 3-4 player king of the hill on Kaillera?

GetSpookd

SEKTOR:
* Sektor Dumb Missile Hit Reaction changed to remove the blood effect
This seems to crash my game. Same for Stryker gun effect. As soon as the thing hits the opponent, bam, crash.
Or have I installed the patch incorrectly in some way? I cant see how since everything else works just fine.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
This seems to crash my game. Same for Stryker gun effect. As soon as the thing hits the opponent, bam, crash.
Or have I installed the patch incorrectly in some way? I cant see how since everything else works just fine.
Works fine for me, you must have installed it wrong somehow.

Some good news and bad news...

Good news is that the Boss Lifebars kode is in the next version meaning all damage done is like fighting against vanilla Noob Saibot! It is being tested out now.

Bad news is that @YourMKArcadeSource has tried to burn the updated ROMs to his arcade machine and version 2.0.034 crashes after the ROM test screen. He said that 2.0.033 works, but not 2.0.034. So it will take some time for the hacker to find out what is causing this. Sorry to anyone wanting to install this new version to your arcade (or having already done so).

GetSpookd

Works fine for me, you must have installed it wrong somehow.
Yeah, I've talked about it with @DWednesday.
Since the thing booted up for me just fine, showing me the ver. and all, I'd figure it means it works properly. Somehow, I applied it incorrectly and on top of working at the start just fine, it made some crazy changes.
Such as Kabal ground fb not having its normal ground animation, and going straight forward to IAF.
USub 3 hit (i believe) combo ending with the clone dealing 37% dmg

These are the buffs and nerfs people were waiting for.

But yeah, I should've figurate out something was wrong since Sektors missle, Stryker pistol and Jades batrang would crash the game lmao