What's new

Official TYM UFC (Ultimate Fighting Championship) Discussion

fury714

50 Shades of Grayson
I felt like the fight was stopped prematurely, but I guess sonnen was being slaughtered, he would have had a big fighting chance in the 2nd round though. :(

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
So no one's talked here in a while.

CitizenSnips PETTIS INJURED AND KOREAN ZOMBIE VS ALDO? YO WHAT THE FUCK!

Anyway I'm somewhat excited to see WSOF today and excited for 161 tomorrow. I'm still pulling for Stipe because every time Big Country's on a card I want to see him KTFO'd. Anyway, I have Evans in main event.

I'm pretty mad that the international TUF is going to be Cote vs Noke. It was rumored for the past week to be Cote vs Lombard and that would've been awesome. No one gives a fuck about Noke.

CitizenSnips

A seldom used crab named Lucky. AKA Citizen Snips.
So no one's talked here in a while.

CitizenSnips PETTIS INJURED AND KOREAN ZOMBIE VS ALDO? YO WHAT THE FUCK!

Anyway I'm somewhat excited to see WSOF today and excited for 161 tomorrow. I'm still pulling for Stipe because every time Big Country's on a card I want to see him KTFO'd. Anyway, I have Evans in main event.

I'm pretty mad that the international TUF is going to be Cote vs Noke. It was rumored for the past week to be Cote vs Lombard and that would've been awesome. No one gives a fuck about Noke.
Noke is a badass. He was a bodyguard for Steve Irwin lol. Lombard doesn't want to make the cut to 170, he was rumored to be the coach if he wanted to make the cut.

Korean Zombie will probably get killed by aldo. He's coming off over a year long layoff and if he's not 100% then it's gonna be a beatdown. I'm hoping it's a competitive fight and that KZ ends up winning somehow. Big fan of Aldo as well, but Korean Zombie is one of my favorite fighters of all time.

UFC161 kinda sucks. Renan Barao v. Eddie Wineland and Lil Nog v. Shogun 2 were great fights but without them the card is weaksauce

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Noke is a badass. He was a bodyguard for Steve Irwin lol.
And he couldn't even beat up a stingray.

I think TKZ will lose too, but I'll be pulling for him. It sucks because him vs Lamas would've been a great fight. To be honest I think Lamas should've gotten it before him but oh well... I wonder who they'll give him now, or if Lamas-Pettis is a possibility later.

I'm not that hype for 161 but there's a couple good things. If you have Pat Barry and Nelson on a main card shit's bound to go down. Plus the trash talk with Woodley and Shields should make things fun.

I'm a MMA fan, but not a UFC fan. I do watch the events though. I just dislike their crowd, many of the fighters and their attitude, the fake "legends", the overhyping of certain fighters like Jon Jones, Anderson Silva...
Pride was awesome though. Mirko CroCop, Fedor Emelianenko and Sakuraba all the way.

CitizenSnips

I'm a MMA fan, but not a UFC fan. I do watch the events though. I just dislike their crowd, many of the fighters and their attitude, the fake "legends", the overhyping of certain fighters like Jon Jones, Anderson Silva...
Pride was awesome though. Mirko CroCop, Fedor Emelianenko and Sakuraba all the way.
Ehhh, can't say I agree with you about "fake legends," and Jon Jones and Anderson being overhyped... certainly some fighters are sometimes overhyped but that's what happens in every sport.

But I will agree that Pride was great.

Ehhh, can't say I agree with you about "fake legends," and Jon Jones and Anderson being overhyped... certainly some fighters are sometimes overhyped but that's what happens in every sport.
But I will agree that Pride was great.
The reason I think some of the are fake legends and also overhyped is:

They tend to call Tito Ortiz a legend of the sport. Is that correct? Not in my opinion, because he was always just running around in the UFC at a time, where Pride had the best fighters of the world and pride was also international. They had more exposure and a bigger crowd.
Yeah, that sport has few legends to offer, but I'm not sure if even one of them has to do something with the UFC...
The legends would be: Fedor Emelianenko, Mirko CroCop, Sakuraba, Big Nog, Wanderlei Silva, probably Dan Henderson, hell even Rampage Jackson ... these were / are mystical legendery fighters.

And of course all of that is only my opinion.

And regarding Jon Jones and Anderson Silva. I in fact do think that they're very overhyped and not as good as everyone wants them to be. If there is one fighter who deserves respect, then it's Fedor Emelianenko, since he was always undersized in the heavy weight division, yet he took on every fight and dominated so many of them. Sakuraba is another one. He was probably a natural middle weight, yet he was facing heavyweights and giving them a run for their money.
But Jon Jones and Anderson Silva? Physically they have so many advantages over their opponents in their respective division. Of course that's how it goes, but when you have someone like Jon Jones, who never trains his legs in order to keep his body weight low, LOL! .. It's hard for me to take all the hype serious, since I know for a fact that he wouldn't do that well in the heavyweight division, where he actually belongs.
He could easily be bigger if he wanted, but he decides to beat up smaller guys.

But Jon Jones is a special case anyway. I think that the UFC should have a special division for guys like him, who are tall, have long limbs and so on. In theory they should all have the same weight and if he would rule in that division, I would have no problem with that. But seeing him beat up on Shogun and when he takes him down seeing the comparison, where Shogun looks like a child next to Jones? It's like watching a boy wrestle against his dad.

CitizenSnips

The reason I think some of the are fake legends and also overhyped is:

They tend to call Tito Ortiz a legend of the sport. Is that correct? Not in my opinion, because he was always just running around in the UFC at a time, where Pride had the best fighters of the world and pride was also international. They had more exposure and a bigger crowd.
Yeah, that sport has few legends to offer, but I'm not sure if even one of them has to do something with the UFC...
The legends would be: Fedor Emelianenko, Mirko CroCop, Sakuraba, Big Nog, Wanderlei Silva, probably Dan Henderson, hell even Rampage Jackson ... these were / are mystical legendery fighters.

And of course all of that is only my opinion.

And regarding Jon Jones and Anderson Silva. I in fact do think that they're very overhyped and not as good as everyone wants them to be. If there is one fighter who deserves respect, then it's Fedor Emelianenko, since he was always undersized in the heavy weight division, yet he took on every fight and dominated so many of them. Sakuraba is another one. He was probably a natural middle weight, yet he was facing heavyweights and giving them a run for their money.
But Jon Jones and Anderson Silva? Physically they have so many advantages over their opponents in their respective division. Of course that's how it goes, but when you have someone like Jon Jones, who never trains his legs in order to keep his body weight low, LOL! .. It's hard for me to take all the hype serious, since I know for a fact that he wouldn't do that well in the heavyweight division, where he actually belongs.
He could easily be bigger if he wanted, but he decides to beat up smaller guys.

But Jon Jones is a special case anyway. I think that the UFC should have a special division for guys like him, who are tall, have long limbs and so on. In theory they should all have the same weight and if he would rule in that division, I would have no problem with that. But seeing him beat up on Shogun and when he takes him down seeing the comparison, where Shogun looks like a child next to Jones? It's like watching a boy wrestle against his dad.
Honestly just reading this I can't help but to think you're a PRIDE fan not really an MMA fan. How can you not consider Royce a legend? You're right the term is a bit loose in a sport so young, but Royce was a pioneer. In today's MMA he might not be anything special but not only did he perform well in his time period, but he brought a ton of attention to the sport and inspired many future fighters. And Anderson is without a doubt the greatest MW ever and possibly the GOAT if you don't have Fedor as the GOAT. GSP, while not my favorite guy at all, is the clear #1 WW of all time. Those guys are legends. Huge win streaks with many historic wins.

I agree about Tito. He spent his best days beating non-top contenders and when he did fight the top guys he lost. He wasn't a bad fighter at all but a lot of his legacy will be looked down upon because of the fact that he was ducking Chuck.

And you are just wrong about Anderson and Jon being "too big," for the division. First of all, Anderson has fought at 167 lbs before. The guy is not built like a tank. And he has weighed in at well under 185 for several fights. At LHW he looks a bit flabby, not out of shape, but overall pretty soft.

If height and reach meant everything then Kendall Grove would have been great, Stefan Struve would have been a champion, and Hong Man Choi wouldn't be losing all the time. George Roop? 6 ft tall fighting at FW and BW yet loses to many fighters. Divisions for guys who are tall and long? Lol cmon man that is going full retard. If a fighter isn't killing themselves over making weight (Anthony Johnson) then the weight they fight at is fair.

Fedor is amazing and has a strong argument for GOAT. But sometimes it's a bit ridiculous how people keep saying he was smashing guys way bigger than him. Who are Fedor's best wins? Big Nog, Cro Cop, Coleman, Arlovski, Randleman, and Herring? Great wins, no doubt. But most of them are around 240. They weren't WAY BIGGER than Fedor like people assume. They were definitely bigger. But Fedor was much faster. Being bigger does not mean you hold every single advantage. Fedor was a big guy (generally speaking) so he had KO power and was fast as shit for HW. His grappling was amongst the best in the division and his fight IQ while he was in his prime was amazing. The huge giants he smashed were freakshow fights for the most part.

I will agree with you that Jones would have a tough time at HW. I think Cain, JDS, among a few others would give him a lot of trouble. I also believe he has the potential to rule that division as well.

I feel like you're just such a big PRIDE fan and can't get over the fact that that era for the most part is over (except some people like Anderson, Hendo, Shogun to some extent). It's ok to have memories of that time period, but it's also ok to just let it go and enjoy the current generation. If you can't acknowledge great fighters like Anderson, Jones, Aldo, Velasquez, etc. then it just makes you look bitter. Enjoy the new wave of MMA my friend, it's not as bad as it seems.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
I always thought Tito was super overrated.... to be completely honest the same thing goes for a lot of the UFC legends. The style of fighting 10-15 years ago in the UFC was not nearly as refined as it is today. But that being said, there are things to respect from them. And Pride is the shit, of course.

Yes the reach of fighters like Jones is an advantage.... but you can't blame him for cutting to 205. I can see him competing in some ways in the HW division but he'd have to bulk up too. Roy Nelson could sit on his face like he did Kimbo lol. You're not giving enough respect to how skilled Jones really is though. If reach advantage were that massive of a factor Struve would be at the top of the HW division. He deserves to be where he is.

I don't know what you mean about overhyping Silva though... the case is much less there than with Jones. He's just exceptionally skilled in all areas of fighting. I do think Weidman might take him though....

And what do you think about the rest of the UFC? Guys like Cain, GSP (who's generally physically equal), etc? I've heard people take issue with Jones but I don't see what your problem is with the rest...

Big Frog

Noob
Hate to spew it, but tomorrow (161) might be the first PPV I don't buy in a looooooong time. Not feeling it. Hashad looked utterly horrid in his last fight, and Hendo's last fight was boring. (It is Hendo though soo...) Big Country is fun to watch but would rather see him fight somebody higher up.

I don't know. Just doesn't seem worth the money to me. I've already spent a good amount of dough on bad cards and feel like I'm coming to my senses with PPVs. Will be getting 162 though.

CitizenSnips

Hate to spew it, but tomorrow (161) might be the first PPV I don't buy in a looooooong time. Not feeling it. Hashad looked utterly horrid in his last fight, and Hendo's last fight was boring. (It is Hendo though soo...) Big Country is fun to watch but would rather see him fight somebody higher up.

I don't know. Just doesn't seem worth the money to me.
It went from a great card to a pretty sucky card in like 2-3 weeks. I'll watch it in case some fights end up being amazing but I'm not expecting much. Even the undercard isn't too interesting. Usually there will be a few promising prospects on there, or good matchups for an exciting fight, but I'm not really feeling it

Big Frog

Noob
I feel bad because IT IS Hendo, but I don't know. I honestly haven't enjoyed a Rashad fight since the Forest fight. I swore to myself I'd never buy another PPV with him as the main event after the MASSIVE let down that was Rampage vs Rashad.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young

I don't know. Just doesn't seem worth the money to me. I've already spent a good amount of dough on bad cards and feel like I'm coming to my senses with PPVs. Will be getting 162 though.
Wait who buys PPV's? Kappa

Wineland vs Barao would've been fun. It sucks seeing injuries kill main cards this year. I was hoping for Faber vs Wineland as a replacement but Wineland would be stupid to take that knowing if he lost he'd probably be out of title contention.

All I'm really excited for are the HW's and Woodley vs Shields because of all dat trash talk.

CitizenSnips

I feel bad because IT IS Hendo, but I don't know. I honestly haven't enjoyed a Rashad fight since the Forest fight. I swore to myself I'd never buy another PPV with him as the main event after the MASSIVE let down that was Rampage vs Rashad.
Hendo's fights aren't usually that great unless the opponent is willing to sit in the pocket and fight him. I doubt Rashad will do that. I think Rashad will win if he remembers that he has a pretty damn good double-leg and that Hendo's TDD isn't all that great. I think he can also hurt Hendo standing unless he decides to stand there and do nothing like he did against Lil Nog.

Wait who buys PPV's? Kappa

Wineland vs Barao would've been fun. It sucks seeing injuries kill main cards this year. I was hoping for Faber vs Wineland as a replacement but Wineland would be stupid to take that knowing if he lost he'd probably be out of title contention.

All I'm really excited for are the HW's and Woodley vs Shields because of all dat trash talk.
Faber already beat Wineland a few years ago. The prblem I have with the HW fights is that they don't do anything for the division. Roy should be fighting a top 10 opponent and Stipe if he beats Roy is still coming off of 2 losses.

Woodley v. Shields trash talk? I don't recall Shields ever talking shit. Idk about Woodley though.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Woodley v. Shields trash talk? I don't recall Shields ever talking shit. Idk about Woodley though.
Well it's more on Woodley's end. He's basically saying Shields is ass at everything he does and he's gonna get exposed. And Shields is just like "k"

CitizenSnips

Well it's more on Woodley's end. He's basically saying Shields is ass at everything he does and he's gonna get exposed. And Shields is just like "k"
I honestly don't know what to expect out of that fight. I am picking Woodley by decision but idk. This could potentially be one of the most boring fights ever, or it could exceed all expectations. No idea

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21371328485.829520.jpg

I still believe in Hendo.

Also, seeing my favorite fighter if all time Big Nog fading into Bolivian(Mike Tyson FTW) makes me sad.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
That last card was shit. At least we have a lot to look forward to.

I'm excited for King Mo-Petruzelli tomorrow. I have King Mo winning but I'd be so happy to see Petruzelli knock him out Newton-style.

I'm really torn on this Gustafsson-Jones fight. Gus is my favorite LHW yet Jones has been my favorite fighter to watch since the Hamill fight. I might just go with Gus since he'll be the underdog. He's definitely at a disadvantage but it'd be awesome to see him take the upset.