What's new

Official TYM E3 thread!

CCVengeance

The one guy hoping for Kai
Well that does change some things, it still isn't enough though to save MS.
Still game loks like a SF4 rip-off with worse graphics and made by a terrible company who has been made to appease to older gamer's nostalgia and will quickly drown to nediocraty and obscurity later.But we gotta make sure we ccritize it for the right reasons now.:joker:

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
Well that does change some things, it still isn't enough though to save MS.
Don't change it for me...so they let you DL it all at once also...yeh...still a f2p model not a demo if you can buy bits and pieces...still looks like junk to me...

Sent under duress.

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
Still game loks like a SF4 rip-off with worse graphics and made by a terrible company who has been made to appease to older gamer's nostalgia and will quickly drown to nediocraty and obscurity later.But we gotta make sure we ccritize it for the right reasons now.:joker:
Yeah like being exclusive to a doomed system no one wants

CCVengeance

The one guy hoping for Kai
Game looked fun to watch so I'll keep watching at the least. will not be buying a shitty spy console just in the off chance I like it and play it.
Same goes for Bayonetta 2.I love her especially now that she got her new hair but I will not buy a WiiU for it.In fact The only franchise that can make me buy a console to play a game is Tales.

TheSpore

Well folks MS is starting to fell some burn, the below link states a shift in stock with MS and Sony. Now this doesn't really say much since stocks rise and fall on the drop of a dime. IF say MS came out and revealed a crazy off the chart exclusive then there stock can just rise again or if Sony say psyk we bring you some mad DRM then they will shift stocks too, just an example on how twitchy these things are.

Anyway apparently MS' stock has been dropping and Sony has been rising.

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/PS4-Has-Sony-Stock-Rocketing-Xbox-One-Has-Microsoft-Stock-Plummeting-56619.html

Is there a limit on how many console preorders a store can take? I've never preordered a system before. But i'm planning on doing so with the PS4 and i don't want to miss out. I'm just gathering some more information right now before i do so.

Saint Op Omen

Well folks MS is starting to fell some burn, the below link states a shift in stock with MS and Sony. Now this doesn't really say much since stocks rise and fall on the drop of a dime. IF say MS came out and revealed a crazy off the chart exclusive then there stock can just rise again or if Sony say psyk we bring you some mad DRM then they will shift stocks too, just an example on how twitchy these things are.

Anyway apparently MS' stock has been dropping and Sony has been rising.

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/PS4-Has-Sony-Stock-Rocketing-Xbox-One-Has-Microsoft-Stock-Plummeting-56619.html
So if they totally redo e3 things may change...hmmmm fat chance...I expect it to go the other way around...
Also its was not a dime it was $500 of dimes...:p

Sent under duress.

Saint Op Omen

Is there a limit on how many console preorders a store can take? I've never preordered a system before. But i'm planning on doing so with the PS4 and i don't want to miss out. I'm just gathering some more information right now before i do so.
Yes they have a # they are given before hand and then if the # goes up near launch they call people on the waiting list....online is a higher # total if a store is out...

Sent under duress.

Ilthuain

Lost in a labyrinth of egoism

Doomed, eh?

Remember when the internet was all crazy about how Mass Effect 3 was essentially the most colossal nightmare ever forced on the public in the history of all media? EA was decried as the worst company in America, and legions of fans screamed about the rank immorality of the day-1 DLC and the worst ending of all time and OH THE HUMANITY! Certainly, this horror would impact sales, right? Right?

Of course it didn't. Crying and internet freakouts didn't seem to dent sales at all. It was all just noise.

So don't kid yourself. The XB1 isn't doomed because guys on gaming forums or Kotaku flap their gums about how the DRM is incredibly invasive or how many "hardcore 360 fans" loudly pledge their undying devotion to Good Father Sony. MS has tremendous marketing muscle and their message with the new system, that it is an all-in-one entertainment box that isn't limited to gaming, resonates with the growth market even though it is a turn-off to core gamers who are quick to anger (but quicker to part with their money when the time comes).

So no, the XB1 isn't actually doomed, no matter how much you wish it was.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Doomed, eh?

Remember when the internet was all crazy about how Mass Effect 3 was essentially the most colossal nightmare ever forced on the public in the history of all media? EA was decried as the worst company in America, and legions of fans screamed about the rank immorality of the day-1 DLC and the worst ending of all time and OH THE HUMANITY! Certainly, this horror would impact sales, right? Right?

Of course it didn't. Crying and internet freakouts didn't seem to dent sales at all. It was all just noise.

So don't kid yourself. The XB1 isn't doomed because guys on gaming forums or Kotaku flap their gums about how the DRM is incredibly invasive or how many "hardcore 360 fans" loudly pledge their undying devotion to Good Father Sony. MS has tremendous marketing muscle and their message with the new system, that it is an all-in-one entertainment box that isn't limited to gaming, resonates with the growth market even though it is a turn-off to core gamers who are quick to anger (but quicker to part with their money when the time comes).

Yup. Sim City and Diablo 3 sold a ton of copies as well.

I do think that MS may end up revising their policy at some point though, to make it slightly less restrictive.

Saint Op Omen

Yup. Sim City and Diablo 3 sold a ton of copies as well.

I do think that MS may end up revising their policy at some point though, to make it slightly less restrictive.
Not if they still sell god they won't ...we won't get both they will only change it if it bombs...if it don't I expect them to get tighter with the drm...

Sent under duress.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Not if they still sell god they won't ...we won't get both they will only change it if it bombs...if it don't I expect them to get tighter with the drm...

Sent under duress.
I hear you, but look what happened to EA -- they sell plenty of games per year, yet they just fired the CEO and started restructuring. People's voices do matter, if there are enough of them. Being voted the worst company ever isn't good for business.

Saint Op Omen

I hear you, but look what happened to EA -- they sell plenty of games per year, yet they just fired the CEO and started restructuring. People's voices do matter, if there are enough of them. Being voted the worst company ever isn't good for business.
Well that's a joke anyway and was done to make it look good...he made more $ being fired then most make in a life time with his lil parachute...but defending them and the practices helps nobody...on either account...
People can talk and bitch about it and hope for change all day but actions always speak louder...voteing EA worst company was an action as stupid as it was...and not giving MS any $ for a xbone is an action...I have no issues with my 360...:p

Sent under duress.

EA's a shitty company but in the end they give the players what they want: good games. Battlefield, Mass effect, dead space, madden, etc. They continue to sell games because their games are worth buying without the dlc.

Xb1 currently doesn't have this. For all we know, xb1 and ps4 do the same thing. Why get xb1 when ps4 is cheaper? Yeah, xb1 will have some good exclusives, but so will ps4. Not to mention all the flak xb1 is getting; word of mouth can be pretty powerful.

"OMG WHY GET XB1?!?! THEY SPY ON YOU WITH THEIR ALWAYS ONLINE CAMERA, YOU HAVE TO CONNECT TO INTERNET ALL THE TIME, YOU CAN'T SELL OR LEND YOUR GAMES, AND IT LOOKS LIKE A VCR."

The only statement that's 100% true would be the vcr one.

TheSpore

Doomed, eh?

You can say what you like all you want, but you haven't even factored in realities rather than just speculation. Sim City did flop actually it didn't meet anywhere near there expectations and Diablo 3 happened because of name alone, its online population has been dropping drastically everyday. Also you forget another truth, the restrictive policies not only caused such an enormous backlash, but Sony played smart and then countered every aspect of the XB1. Finally the accessability of the console comes into play quite a bit. The PS4 is accessable to anyone, regardless of there internet connection, which unlike XB1 they crossed out not only those without the money to pay for it, but they also crossed out anywhere a net connection is either spotty or non-existent. Just looking at the US alone they crossed out 40% of their potential sales, this is not factoring in all the fanboys that have been highly against their policies from the get go, as well as factoring in that the console is mainly focused more upper and higher classed individuals, which we all know there are more middle and lower class citizens in the US. Remember this is not factoring the global market, which due to countries where network connection is null or void is crossed out of the equation, along with the fact that Sony is still a more prefered company outside the US.

Yeah I think I might know a bit about what I speak of considering I was an analyst, who's job was at one time to research and assess issues and topics. Another thing I have taken a notice that you always feel the need to try and counter every comment I tend to make with a negative biased retort. Take no offense, but open your eyes a little and start looking at the bigger picture rather than just the now...

Saint Op Omen

You can say what you like all you want, but you haven't even factored in realities rather than just speculation. Sim City did flop actually it didn't meet anywhere near there expectations and Diablo 3 happened because of name alone, its online population has been dropping drastically everyday. Also you forget another truth, the restrictive policies not only caused such an enormous backlash, but Sony played smart and then countered every aspect of the XB1. Finally the accessability of the console comes into play quite a bit. The PS4 is accessable to anyone, regardless of there internet connection, which unlike XB1 they crossed out not only those without the money to pay for it, but they also crossed out anywhere a net connection is either spotty or non-existent. Just looking at the US alone they crossed out 40% of their potential sales, this is not factoring in all the fanboys that have been highly against their policies from the get go, as well as factoring in that the console is mainly focused more upper and higher classed individuals, which we all know there are more middle and lower class citizens in the US. Remember this is not factoring the global market, which due to countries where network connection is null or void is crossed out of the equation, along with the fact that Sony is still a more prefered company outside the US.

Yeah I think I might know a bit about what I speak of considering I was an analyst, who's job was at one time to research and assess issues and topics. Another thing I have taken a notice that you always feel the need to try and counter every comment I tend to make with a negative biased retort. Take no offense, but open your eyes a little and start looking at the bigger picture rather than just the now...
Blah blah blah facts and knowledge don't speak fanboy...geez

Sent from my 360.

TheSpore

Blah blah blah facts and knowledge don't speak fanboy...geez

Sent from my 360.
Im not being a fanboy, facts and logic speak much louder than opinions

-EDIT- I don't wan to get into a insane flame war becuase interet arguments are pointless and no one wins no matter how hard each side trys.

Ilthuain

Lost in a labyrinth of egoism
You can say what you like all you want, but you haven't even factored in realities rather than just speculation...
Wait for it....

Diablo 3 happened because of name alone,
Which, of course, is reality and not speculation, because you say so.

Just looking at the US alone they crossed out 40% of their potential sales,
The future isn't in hardware sales, it's in services. People who are connected purchase services. People who have no access do not.

Yeah I think I might know a bit about what I speak of considering I was an analyst
Cool. I'm guessing you were not an analyst in the game industry. I didn't see too many panels at GDC this year pushing the "keep the game industry sales model exactly how it has been" doctrine.

Another thing I have taken a notice that you always feel the need to try and counter every comment I tend to make with a negative biased retort.
I'm responding with opinion. Opinions are biased.

Take no offense, but open your eyes a little and start looking at the bigger picture rather than just the now...
Exactly. The trend does not indicate that people who do not have access to the internet will continue to be primary sales drivers. The trend does not indicate that the retail model of game sales will continue to be as profitable in the future. The trend shows that casual gamers are the growth market, and hardcore gaming does not appear to be increasing.

That's the big picture, and unless companies evolve past the old Atari VCS model of how to create, market, and sell games, the big picture will be a giant Apple logo over all the new home entertainment devices. MS knows this, and is actually trying to compete in the future rather than appealing to a core audience that abhors change.

Saint Op Omen

Im not being a fanboy, facts and logic speak much louder than opinions

-EDIT- I don't wan to get into a insane flame war becuase interet arguments are pointless and no one wins no matter how hard each side trys.
This is what I've been saying/dealing with...
I wanted xbone to be good...it isn't..
You are saying things people blindly defending them can't/won't hear...they just call me a sony fanboy which is funny because a few months ago I was being called an xbot...but in the end its true I am a fanboy but I'm a game fanboy and in the end all I care about is how I play/consume/enjoy/own my games...:)

Sent under duress.

TheSpore

Look I am not going to argue my credibility with you for I don't need to, your being biased plain and simple, you took a comment that wasn't even meant to be serious in the first place to blatantly flame me. Also I was an analyst in the military that was trained in multiple facets of research and data collection, so yeah I am qualified to study the game industry and actually have been studying it for a very long time.

The fact that you typically always come in a thread and attack people with negative comments that are biased destroys any opinion you have in the first place, if I had the time right now I could produce sources for you, but unfortuantely I still have more important things to do than prove a point to you.

Also, its obvious you haven't done your research considering your only retort is to try and discredit me. Sorry, but I have nothing to prove to you, so go away.