What's new

Official TYM E3 thread!

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
In the end I don't think the exclusives are whats gonna matetr TBH, the games will come, majority of which will be multi-platformed. What is gonna make Sony have a higher reach in sales is going to be the policies, MS hates its customers and will restrict anything and everything and SOny seems to love customers and will not restrict them(well with the exception of PS+). That honestly is what has been the main part of this E3 was who is gonna allow freedom on the console and who is gonna be restrictive. Also bear in mind many analysts and critics are saying that PS4 has better hardware running it and the XB1 is somewhat inferior, which makes you wonder just how well it will run considering all this focus on non-gaming and it being multi-taskable.

PS4 will eventually have backwards compatibility thanks to their partnership with Gaikai and Cloud Gaming....they said that at their initial reveal event

Who knows how reliable that'll be though? Cloud gaming is a wait and see type thing. If I decide to play a ps1 game on my ps4, I'll be forced to play on my hdtv? Is it gonna get remastered? Cuz that's a lot of fucking games to port to hd.

Also, Quantic Dreams is making the dark sorcerer.

Saint Connor

Team F.Y.F.
Pretty much what spore said. Not to mention the point of E3 for Sony was to shit on the competition. Additionally, Sony has a shit load of first party developers and some others that are rumored to make a comeback (Riiiiiidge Raaacceeerrr). By the time the console comes out, there will be many games to choose from. Sony actually learned from their mistakes...I'm not worried about the games at all.

TheSpore

Pretty much what spore said. Not to mention the point of E3 for Sony was to shit on the competition. Additionally, Sony has a shit load of first party developers and some others that are rumored to make a comeback (Riiiiiidge Raaacceeerrr). By the time the console comes out, there will be many games to choose from. Sony actually learned from their mistakes...I'm not worried about the games at all.
You see if this was 7 years ago I would have said the games did matter, the the hardware would have been a 2nd selling point. Back then as I assessed 360 would dominate, PS3 was too expensive out the gate and difficult to develop on, Wii was vastly underpowered compared to the two, and 360 had the better hardware. This time the policies were what made or break these reveals and well MS played the game of arrogance and greed, which is going to cost them dearly this time. The only thing they could even possibly do to save them this time around is to drop those twisted policies and allow the option of having the kinect not connected. Even then they will still have issues due to customer backlash from even attepting to pull it off in the first place. At this point as well it is unlikely that even dropping the initial price is going to help, not even bundling a discount with a contract will help either.

This year gamers have proved one thing and sent a huge message to pubs and the console makers, which is " We do not want strings attached".

People will claim that the games was the focal point and that is what everyone wanted more, but I feel that it just wasn't the issue, we all knew the games were gonna come and we all new that next gen like any other next gen reveal that games will become fresh and new again as always. The policies and restrictions were what were the real focus, just re-watch the Sony conference and listen how large the applause was to the policy reveal.

SWonder916

When's DragonBall?
Which PS4 exclusives?From what I know for now ... PS4 exclusives are:
  • Knack (Meh)
  • Infamous: Second Son (Fuck yeah)
  • Drive Club (Meh)
  • Gran Turismo 6 (Meh)
  • Killzone: Shadow Fall (Yeah)
  • The Order (Intriguing)
  • Primal Carnage (Episodic Meeeeeh)
"Infamous: Second Son", "Drive Club"(with more details), "Killzone"(with a good review) and "The Order"(with more details) I'm all in for when they drop. But don't forget about "Beyond: Two Souls" and "The Last of Us" too, the latter of which is already a GOTY candidate..I bet we see a PS4 port for both of those it'd only make sense. Plus Naughty Dog is secretly working on yet another project that's brand new for the next gen PS4. Besides that the only games Microsoft is bringing to the table that we won't be able to play on PS4 is "TitanFall" which honestly looks pretty kool but I could live without, "Quantum Break" which is gonna be a cluster f**k of a game/tv show unless they just completely nail it, "Killer Instinct" which looks like is losing mass amounts of steam only hours after it's reveal and "Halo 5" which I'm so far perfectly fine leaving behind for "Destiny".

In the end I don't think the exclusives are whats gonna matter TBH, the games will come, majority of which will be multi-platformed. Also bear in mind many analysts and critics are saying that PS4 has better hardware running it and the XB1 is somewhat inferior.
Also ^^^^This. Huge majority of the games that I'm excited for are gonna be multi-platform anyways(Watch Dogs,Destiny *with PS4 exclusivity apparently*,GTAV,The Division,AC4:Black Flag,Battlefield,NBA2k,Madden,all 3 new driving games,Star Wars:Battlefront,DCUO,The Witcher 3). So I'm GOOD...more than good actually,pre ordered mine this morning.Haha.Been a good day or so for sure with all this lovely gaming news,reveals,etc.

SWonder916

When's DragonBall?
The only thing they could even possibly do to save them this time around is to drop those twisted policies and allow the option of having the kinect not connected. At this point as well it is unlikely that even dropping the initial price is going to help, not even bundling a discount with a contract will help either.

The policies and restrictions were what were the real focus, just re-watch the Sony conference and listen how large the applause was to the policy reveal.
Yea they're not changing all those policies,restrictions..no way. It'd show extreme fault and weakness to just back out and say whoops at this point,best they just stand their ground like i'm sure they will. The best they can do is reduce the price somewhat but even that's not too flexible with all the crap they've got bundled in there media/tv wise and they already showed their hand.

And YES those cheers were loud,glorious and shared around the world simultaneously.LoL.Sounded like pure WIN and I did it too in my living room

CCVengeance

The one guy hoping for Kai
OMG GUYS!The character everyone wanted for the next Smash has been announced!It's noneother than the highly requested Wii Fit Trainer Girl..........................................................................................................................................................

TheSpore

Yea they're not changing all those policies,restrictions..no way. It'd show extreme fault and weakness to just back out and say whoops at this point,best they just stand their ground like i'm sure they will. The best they can do is reduce the price somewhat but even that's not too flexible with all the crap they've got bundled in there media/tv wise and they already showed their hand.

And YES those cheers were loud,glorious and shared around the world simultaneously.LoL.Sounded like pure WIN and I did it too in my living room
You are corerct and that sounds just like MS to do something like that. I trust that they will get sales, there still folks that want the system and are just die hard Halo fans as well as plenty folks want to own all systems, but in the end I see MS takinng a loss here, or at least having far less sales this time around. Many are going to point out that MS is been beating Sony for pre-orders, but after last night I am willing to bet it has revesed and some of those are cancelations of XB1 pre-orders. Also as said before pubs will start to back away when they see no money in the investment and will quickly run to SOny and Nintendo.