What's new

Official Patch Notes & Hotfix Released!

are you serious?
that's what they meant by handcuffing?
i thought they meant when smoke players run away and use (ex) parry so you can't throw a fireball or even chase them.

*sigh*
You can chase them by holding forward and blocking the smoke bombs until they're in the corner....

Why, and how, would they "fix" that?

The patch looks good so far, IMO. Not sure why NRS gets so much hate for trying to improve and better balance the game, but that's the Internet for you... As usual, people on here flipped out before getting all of the facts.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
The patch looks good so far, IMO. Not sure why NRS gets so much hate for trying to improve and better balance the game, but that's the Internet for you... As usual, people on here flipped out before getting all of the facts.
Patch is awesome so far.

Most of the initial hate was do to not enough testing things out, and the weird hotfix issues that messed with a bunch of the changes, like reptiles dash, sindel getting nothing, and cyrax/noob costume issues.

The only people I can see being angry are like 2 kabal players who preferred to NDC with F2 and 4, and raiden mains. Everyone else was buffed, even KL.

aj1701

Noob
I wonder if all the chicken littles crying and saying they were dropping the game in the other thread will realize they may have overreacted a tad now that the offical notes are posted. Having read them, this seems like a great patch. Well done NRS!

Shady

Noob
I wonder if all the chicken littles crying and saying they were dropping the game in the other thread will realize they may have overreacted a tad now that the offical notes are posted. Having read them, this seems like a great patch. Well done NRS!
I still think there were some unnecessary buffs and nerfs in this patch. Not enough to drop the game, but seriously unnecessary. I would only drop the game if they did anything to F3 2 or 1,1 B4 into NDC strings.... cause that would just put my character into the shit tier right there.

CY MasterHavik

Master of Chaos and Jax
Jax
• The armor on Jax's Enhanced Dash Punch (Dash Fist) and X-Ray (Briggs Bash) now starts instantly.
• Added armor to the startup of Jax's Enhanced Elbow (Elite Smash).
• Jax's projectiles (Energy Wave) recover a tiny bit faster.
• Jax’s towards 3 attack (Big Leg) is now an overhead.
• Jax can no longer frame trap someone with his Gotcha Grab.

Is it ok to say I came?

wasnt kitana's grounded fan damage reduced from 8 to 6%? The official patch notes says nothing about that (but the ground fan does 6% right now, I have never checked the damage before the patch).

The ground fans also arent comboing from full screen, you take the first fan and blocks the second. Is that old or is after- patch stuff?

I read somewhere that SZ's regular slide would to pass under projectiles now, but it didnt happen.

Shady

Noob
Jax
• The armor on Jax's Enhanced Dash Punch (Dash Fist) and X-Ray (Briggs Bash) now starts instantly.

Is it ok to say I came?
Part of what I'm talking about when I say unnecessary. Jax was fine. KL spin was fine. Sub Zero's freeze was fine. Reptile's slide was fine. NRS just don't know when to stop.

*FYI, when I say fine in some cases it's, yeah, maybe that move wasn't the best but considering the character's arsenal it was fine the way it was.

Jax

Is it ok to say I came?
LOL!!!

Screamo Luvr

Ice Warrior
wasnt kitana's grounded fan damage reduced from 8 to 6%? The official patch notes says nothing about that (but the ground fan does 6% right now, I have never checked the damage before the patch).

The ground fans also arent comboing from full screen, you take the first fan and blocks the second. Is that old or is after- patch stuff?

I read somewhere that SZ's regular slide would to pass under projectiles now, but it didnt happen.
I heard that about SZ too. I would love to see if anyone can confirm or deny, thanks.

D_Matt_Ma

Sheeva isn't Goro's wife. Goro is her husband.
Sheeva changes feel a bit lacking, but something is better than nothing. The fireball property buffs are nice, as it feels that was their intention in the first place, but didn't expect hard duck counters to be so effective against her projectiles. A lot of small changes. I'm VERY disappointed her f+3 was not sped up.

Stryker buffs seem VERY strong, although the details are where it matters. We'll have to see just how much faster and more damaging those bombs are.

Like the Cyrax Buzzsaw fix/buff. A good approach.

Baraka losing auto correct on chop chop pretty much means that it won't be used as anti air anymore now that spin is sped up. Longer blade charge is HUGE. Instant air fireball spam meant he had no chance of ever winning.

Overall, some bad things, but A LOT of good things. Good job NRS.

f+3 is fine with Sheeva imo. Especially if it's blocked. And u can always go for the mixup (b+1) after it.

Give it some time...the Sheeva buffs are glorious.

She even now has reset potential in the corner. =)

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
"Several low attacks were being parried incorrectly."

hopefully this means no more liu kang parrying barakas back3 on wakeup

CY MasterHavik

Master of Chaos and Jax
Part of what I'm talking about when I say unnecessary. Jax was fine. KL spin was fine. Sub Zero's freeze was fine. Reptile's slide was fine. NRS just don't know when to stop.

*FYI, when I say fine in some cases it's, yeah, maybe that move wasn't the best but considering the character's arsenal it was fine the way it was.
Jax needed this to put him over the top. Jax was consider low tier before this. Now he is going to kick some major ass. But if they buff him again. then I'm going to agree with you. But until then. I'm going to have to sit on my ass and wait for this patch.

I think it is ok to say this is UMK9! My Jax is coming for your Sheeva devil.

Shady

Noob
Jax needed this to put him over the top. Jax was consider low tier before this. Now he is going to kick some major ass. But if they buff him again. then I'm going to agree with you. But until then. I'm going to have to sit on my ass and wait for this patch.
He's already been kicking major ass. I've played some good Jax players before the patch, and I've seen CD Jr.'s Jax play. Believe me, Jax was more than fine before the patch. Just because a bunch of fools consider him low tier doesn't mean anything, he was still a very viable character.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
I don't know if it's just me having a good day, but I've been playing alot better than usual with this new patch. I think it might just be the negative edge window or the wakeups, but I'm something like 30-2 so far.

CY MasterHavik

Master of Chaos and Jax
He's already been kicking major ass. I've played some good Jax players before the patch, and I've seen CD Jr.'s Jax play. Believe me, Jax was more than fine before the patch. Just because a bunch of fools consider him low tier doesn't mean anything, he was still a very viable character.
Well, it's about to increase. I hope you don't get mad. BTw, people started to find ways around ex dash punch and gp cancel. So they were good tools, but people weren't falling for them like they used to. So that's why I felt he was still lacking for example. If you take a look at CDJr switch to Jax against Cd at Summer Jam. CD was breaking any attempts at reset a or successful ex dash punches. It took a little luck and a shit ton of skill to win that set. It wasn't easy.

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
Having Sektor be able to cancel into both guided up missiles is great. However if it is only from the 2,1 string - it's not super useful. It it was from all the strings he can currently cancel into normal up missile - that could possibly bring him into top tier. The fact that the jet pack turns off more often... is fucking LAME!

Honestly, Jade's buff is intriguing enough to where I'm going to at least try to pick her up now.