What's new

Official Patch Notes & Hotfix Released!

Dont be stingy almost everyone else has armor on there EX moves cept umm sindel and someone else I can't recall but its time for ermac to get a Buff since hes been getting slight nerfs in every patch so far
Sektor is probably the only other one who has no armor moves. I wish he got armor at least on his EX flamethrower. When he's stuck in a corner, he still sucks. But I am thankful for his cancellable front/back up missiles.

I am also thankful for the negative edge improvements. That will help a lot of different characters, especially Cyber Sub-Zero.

I can't wait to try it. Is the PS3 patch confirmed for next week?

• Made many minor hitbox adjustments.
Does this include Mileena's d4 hitbox? Please? :p

Slymind

Noob
NRS should be fixing bugs,glitch,online connection before breaking the characters again. all tiers imo are good b4 the patch they just broken some characters right with this patch, which will be patched and balanced again and again until everyone drops mortal kombat..

Bugs+Glitches+Lag makes new players drop or stay away from the game, and changing of characters gameplay every now and then makes casual gamers who doesnt check MKforums drop the game. more patching and breaking of characters w/o fixing minor glitches and bugs = no more evo for MK next yr
But they are fixing bugs and glitches(since day one actually), about the patch breaking some characters, it is definetly too soon to say anything and about lag issues, well, that may be a little harder to change with a simple patch i suppose.

rrespiritu

Mortal Kom~what now?
But they are fixing bugs and glitches(since day one actually), about the patch breaking some characters, it is definetly too soon to say anything and about lag issues, well, that may be a little harder to change with a simple patch i suppose.
wait for the SUBZERO nerf next patch, after giving him armor and 10more freeze frames, they will find out another way to break him one way or another

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Having Sektor be able to cancel into both guided up missiles is great. However if it is only from the 2,1 string - it's not super useful. It it was from all the strings he can currently cancel into normal up missile - that could possibly bring him into top tier. The fact that the jet pack turns off more often... is fucking LAME!

Honestly, Jade's buff is intriguing enough to where I'm going to at least try to pick her up now.
it is from all strings

DarKNaTaS

Retired!
Im really glad they finally fixed freddy so now i dont have to hear people complain about projectiles going threw him. Also the sheeva buffs are great its really helped her out alot.

what is with kabal players

how often did the kabals who actually win shit use those cancels anyway

your most important cancels are still the same and you can still shoot like 5 air fireballs a second. you got off better in this patch than the rest of the top-tier besides reptile i guess. don't see the need for complaints!

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Correction! Reptile isn't top tier.

That is all. But yeah, both Kabal and Reptile didn't get it all that bad.

Past

Noob
Patch is awesome so far.

Most of the initial hate was do to not enough testing things out, and the weird hotfix issues that messed with a bunch of the changes, like reptiles dash, sindel getting nothing, and cyrax/noob costume issues.

The only people I can see being angry are like 2 kabal players who preferred to NDC with F2 and 4, and raiden mains. Everyone else was buffed, even KL.
Jade mainers are very upset by her changes. Its worse for us because NRS lead us on by saying that she was "dope" now. U3 being able to be ducked now completely canceled out the rest of her "buffs". She is a mid range character and yet they are nerfing her most important spacing tool. This is mind boggling.

Husteen

Noob.
*facepalms* God i hate mouth poop. Just, just, get out of here go on git.. GIT!!!!
hey, i might take you up on your offer. tym does have its more intuitive posters but the rest are, well... what was your reply to my question?
it's weird to say but tmk forums have less nonsense. i'm talking about smoke's parry and you have one sentence that was about something entirely different.
it's dumb that people can't be bothered to read on a forum lol.

i'm happy with the changes. the game's still not finished, though, and i hope this isn't the last patch. it's nice that they're taking the "spam" out of characters like kung but not good that they're leaving it for characters like smoke and adding it to characters like sheeva!

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
This patch will bring changes to Tier list for sure. I wont be surprised if Sub-Zero jump back to S tier. Also i have high hope for decent and smooth online gameplay. The next thing kommunity would appreciate is Region free on private matches - that would enlarge the experience.

m2dave

Kabal could be #1 if he had block inf. At this moment average player know how to poke out of NDC (even uppercut) so its not as it use to be 2 months ago where people were blocking and Kabal could drain 20-30% on block. People got pretty good fuzzy guard as well, so his 50/50 is almost useless - unless you play a scrub.

Husteen

Noob.
Jade mainers are very upset by her changes. Its worse for us because NRS lead us on by saying that she was "dope" now. U3 being able to be ducked now completely canceled out the rest of her "buffs". She is a mid range character and yet they are nerfing her most important spacing tool. This is mind boggling.
jade's first buff was armor on all her ex moves.
i think they eventually made her shadow kick cover more ground.
she already has a lot of safe strings and "invincibility" on her staff attacks because she can't be hit. she can also spam while avoiding spam with her glow and the EX has super armor. not to mention full screen xray.

now she gets pushback on her blocked staff grab and whatever else... jade mainers should also feel ashamed while being upset.

in the beginning, jades began the match with a shadow kick that could be ducked and punished. after a while all jades opened the match with her U3 because it's basically a guaranteed hit unless the opponent blocks. it only makes perfect sense to make it a high attack.

CJKRattlehead

Two men enter, one man leaves!
I do not know why they decided to listen to the whinny online crowd and nerfed Raiden's Tele but thanks online crowd for giving me a cancelable Ex tele. Kinda hoped they would leave Ex VB the way it is tho but Raiden doesn't really need it.

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
CJKRattlehead
Well i played online and offline Raidens. And to apply pressure was almost impossible as he would instantly teleport. Now you Raiden players ex teleport as much as you want - to me.. less meter for breakers means more successful pressure xD

How in the heck is Sub better than Reptile? He's been a far less successful character throughout this game and got nerfed harder in this patch. I usually really like what m2dave has to say but am very curious about this one.

Raiman

Noob
CJKRattlehead
Well i played online and offline Raidens. And to apply pressure was almost impossible as he would instantly teleport. Now you Raiden players ex teleport as much as you want - to me.. less meter for breakers means more successful pressure xD
how does this effect raidens ability to escape pressure? he can still escape just as easily and his mixups with teleport are still good. and now his pressure is even better with ex teleport because it cant be interupyed and has no recovery. now if you try to read and punish a teleport you could guess wrong, raiden ex teleports and combos you. now you'll have to second guess punishing teleport when raiden has meter.his vb pressure is still good too, not as good, but still good. the only problem is its significantly harder to do his 40% combo now, with the 2 added frames but still possible.

Past

Noob
jade's first buff was armor on all her ex moves.
So? This is not a game changer for two reasons
1. So does most of the cast
2. She already has glow s
i think they eventually made her shadow kick cover more ground.
No
she already has a lot of safe strings and "invincibility" on her staff attacks because she can't be hit. she can also spam while avoiding spam with her glow and the EX has super armor. not to mention full screen xray.
Enlighten me. Because as far as I know, none of her strings are safe unless canceled from a special attack. "invincibilty" on her staff attacks? Do you even play the character?
Sure lets "spam" a slow moving projectile with slow start up and long recovery. I can already feel Raiden mainers getting scared :bs:

in the beginning, jades began the match with a shadow kick that could be ducked and punished. after a while all jades opened the match with her U3 because it's basically a guaranteed hit unless the opponent blocks. it only makes perfect sense to make it a high attack.
U3 is a guaranteed hit on the beginning of the match? Lol. Making it duckable, cripples her mid range game. I have a good reason to be upset right now.

CJKRattlehead

Two men enter, one man leaves!
CJKRattlehead
I don't think you see why this is so great for Raiden, the 2 frames added to his recovery do almost nothing and the Ex tele is now the best tool for mind games i can think of because i now have people so scared of that tele they stay blocking considering more often then not i will get a full combo off of an Ex tele.