What's new

Official Patch Notes & Hotfix Released!

CY MasterHavik

Master of Chaos and Jax
I'm not about to argue with you, but yes I originally thought his EX dash punch should hit crouching opponents. After all these buffs he's getting he definitely doesn't need it. The gp cancel is still a viable tool. Its a zoning/ guessing game with that. I mean if the person jumps you can anti air(jump in) or rush in on them(jump out). You could always just let him punch the ground if they guess you're going for a cancel anyway.After everyone gets used to his new buffs will he need anything else? My final note is that in high level play it usually(and should) take a shit ton of skill to win, regardless of character choice. Jax has been a monster for a while now, he's the only character I know of that can kill you in the corner from one hit confirm. (breakers pending)

I almost forgot. On another note, I'm guessing this extra freeze buff for sub doesn't transfer to csub? I mean how many times can we say "he has a dive kick" as an excuse for him not getting anything?
Who said we was arguing. You make a good point. also, after everyone gets used to his new buffs. He will be fine. He doesn't need anything else. Why? Because he has the full package. Besides shitty combo dmg. He has the tools to literally rape your mind.. I just hope the rest of the Jax players don't ask for F413 to become a launcher. You will fucking hate playing Jax if he had that. But in my honest opinion, Jax is done getting buffs. He doesn't need anything else. I just hope NRS doesn't give him anything else.

P.S.

The corner is cool and all. But it's risky as fuck. But it's cool. I'm just happy he has what it takes to win a major. And to quote my man Tom Brady.

" He can win in the right hands."

You know it's real brother.

Husteen

Noob.
REO stated that the opponent can jump before the return hit. Which also means that the opponent can also uppercut or use armor moves and win the potential trade. The return hit on en straight and EN high also causes massive pushback so the potential for pressure is limited. EN low has too much recovery. You would know this if you actually played the character. I'm still waiting for proof on these "facts" you stated. She does not have invincibility during her staff moves period. U3 is not free at the beginning of the match or at any point of the round. U3 whiffs often when an opponent is jumping forward leaving her open for free jip combos. Not only that but the move can punished easily on block with fast specials like electric fly.

Spammer? I don't remember you at all.
the low boomerang would be easy to jump away from but the high one would be tricky because of the awkward angle it returns at. besides, opponent jumping=(ex shadow kick for jade. i don't use jade but i make a practice of knowing my opponents.
you don't understand what i'm saying... jade's staff doesn't have its own hitbox (hurtbox) so when she uses a staff attack she's able to reach with an attack at a distance that you can't hit her back. that's what jade's staff having invincibility means. many jades use U3 in the beginning of the match to catch people trying to jump or attack with a normal/special move.
lol. electric fly can punish just about anything but people aren't going to use raiden just because you pick jade.

B3, 2- safe on block
F212- safe on block
3, 4- safe on block
2, 3, F2- safe on block
4- safe on block
shadow kick- safe on block
staff overhead- safe on block
staff grab- safe on block

and more of her string/normals are only punished by fast advancing specials, such as raiden's superman. that's why you've lead me to believe that you've gotta be kidding me when you said you didn't know jade had safe attacks. thats what jade is good for, safe sttacks. and i don't even use her.

Past

Noob
the low boomerang would be easy to jump away from but the high one would be tricky because of the awkward angle it returns at. besides, opponent jumping=(ex shadow kick for jade. i don't use jade but i make a practice of knowing my opponents.
I probably should have stopped reading there, but whatever. The opponent does not have to jump the rang. The opponent can uppercut or use an armor move and win the trade.
you don't understand what i'm saying... jade's staff doesn't have its own hitbox (hurtbox) so when she uses a staff attack she's able to reach with an attack at a distance that you can't hit her back. that's what jade's staff having invincibility means. many jades use U3 in the beginning of the match to catch people trying to jump or attack with a normal/special move.
lol. electric fly can punish just about anything but people aren't going to use raiden just because you pick jade.
As with most 2d fighters with weapons. However, thanks to MK9 teleports and projectiles with special properties, that advantage is negated. Try a unflashed, predictable u3 against scorpion and see what happens. Or smoke. or Raiden. Or Sonya. Or Sub-Zero. I could go on. U3 is beaten and quite easily. It whiffs often against opponents who are jumping towards you. What do you think happens after that? Full combo. I have played Jade for a long time and u3 is not a free hit.

B3, 2- safe on block~cancel it with staff grab as I said with my previous post and its fine
F212- safe on block~Its massively punishable on startup. First hit is duckable. Not an effective safe option at all
3, 4- safe on block~This is not safe
2, 3, F2- safe on block~first hit is duckable. Also an unsafe option
4- safe on block~Cancel it with staff grab
shadow kick- safe on block~duckable and punished with uppercut
staff overhead- safe on block~punished easily on startup. Can be jumped on reaction. Uppercut. Full combo.. The worst option Jade has offensively if she does not use meter.
staff grab- safe on block~duh

and more of her string/normals are only punished by fast advancing specials, such as raiden's superman. that's why you've lead me to believe that you've gotta be kidding me when you said you didn't know jade had safe attacks. thats what jade is good for, safe sttacks. and i don't even use her.
If her options were safe, she would be top tier like Kabal or Sub-Zero. Did you notice how many of her attacks are duckable and punished sans the new u3? Did you notice that she can't condition her opponents to block high due to the slow overhead? My problem is that you are trying to justify the her changes by saying that u3 is a free hit and her strings are "safe" when they are not.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Cyrax only loses the Buzzsaw Bomb.
Noob gets his overhead Tackle.
Stryker will now, at long last, be a serious contender. (Man, I picked a good week to pick up the dirty cop :D).
And Sub-Zero just went from calculated weapon to total fucking destroyer.

It's a good week for my News Team. Yes.

Roderyk

Noob
At least most of yall characters got buffs ermac once again gets slight nerfs
he also needed a damage scaling 51% for a bnb with 1 bar and no reset is way too much also he can full combo out of an uppercut for 47%, would you trade armor in some ex specials for a little less damage??

Husteen

Noob.
jade's gotten nothing but buffs except for a rightfully high hitting U3.
all of those things i mentioned are SAFE ON BLOCK. didn't say anything about startup or ducking uppercuts because i don't even use jade.
it's been my experience that jade's U3 will hit a jumping opponent, which is why every jade opens the battle with that normal and i'm pretty sure we have the same game. when i first saw that move it looked like something that could be ducked but i was surprised when it hit mid. NRS made a mistake and fixed it.
i wouldn't worry about people abusing duck while fighting jade because everyone plays like you do and doesn't feel like being cautious of fast teleports/dive kicks. i seldom get hit by teleports and good thing because they're annoying to get hit by.

my problem is you think U3 hitting high will ruin this already garbage character named jade who has no safe strings, slow startup on attacks, a "slow" overhead, and whatever you add next. and why do you keep saying she can be uppercut before her boomerang returns? i know you're not trying to throw her boomerang up close.

if i have to tell you all this about a character you use and i don't then there's no way to get you to understand. that's just what i know about jade. i know not to even try to attack her after she uses certain attacks because they're safe and she's just gonna use another move after. according to you, anyone can beat jade now because her U3 can be ducked- even though it whiffed on jumping opponents and was easily punished by teleports and whatever else you said. you can always use kang or something.

jade users are upset..... lol unbelievable.

Nevrosis

Keelawutaye!
Seems like Sindel, Stryker and Baraka finally got what they deserve. The timing on Sindel's BnBs with her normal scream was ridiculous. Stryker might be a viable character now, and overhead for Saibot... wow. Nice patch. GJ NRS.

Husteen

Noob.
Seems like Sindel, Stryker and Baraka finally got what they deserve. The timing on Sindel's BnBs with her normal scream was ridiculous. Stryker might be a viable character now, and overhead for Saibot... wow. Nice patch. GJ NRS.
sindel finally got something, but she's still nerfed in my book.
she used to be able to combo into her yell but now she needs sacrifice her xray to do it. (2, 1, yell & 3, 1, yell now is 2, 1, scream and 3, 1, scream)
yell=no meter
scream=1 bar
her 4 also used to be special cancelable which was very important but she never got that back, either.

s tier

This patch will bring changes to Tier list for sure. I wont be surprised if Sub-Zero jump back to S tier. Also i have high hope for decent and smooth online gameplay. The next thing kommunity would appreciate is Region free on private matches - that would enlarge the experience.

m2dave

Kabal could be #1 if he had block inf. At this moment average player know how to poke out of NDC (even uppercut) so its not as it use to be 2 months ago where people were blocking and Kabal could drain 20-30% on block. People got pretty good fuzzy guard as well, so his 50/50 is almost useless - unless you play a scrub.
subzero was never s tier?

But i think kabals saw had to be fixed, that shit hits you even if you jump behind them:S

Past

Noob
all of those things i mentioned are SAFE ON BLOCK. didn't say anything about startup or ducking uppercuts because i don't even use jade.
That's the point. You don't play Jade so how could you understand her ramifications of having strings that both duckable and slow. A move needs to have good startup and safe on block to be good. If one of these attributes are missing, then it is not an effective option.

it's been my experience that jade's U3 will hit a jumping opponent, which is why every jade opens the battle with that normal and i'm pretty sure we have the same game. when i first saw that move it looked like something that could be ducked but i was surprised when it hit mid. NRS made a mistake and fixed it.
i wouldn't worry about people abusing duck while fighting jade because everyone plays like you do and doesn't feel like being cautious of fast teleports/dive kicks. i seldom get hit by teleports and good thing because they're annoying to get hit by.
You missed the part where I said that these moves have priority over her mid range tools.

my problem is you think U3 hitting high will ruin this already garbage character named jade who has no safe strings, slow startup on attacks, a "slow" overhead, and whatever you add next. and why do you keep saying she can be uppercut before her boomerang returns? i know you're not trying to throw her boomerang up close.
How else are you going to score a combo on the return hit on En rang? From full screen? Are you even aware of their properties? LMAO

if i have to tell you all this about a character you use and i don't then there's no way to get you to understand. that's just what i know about jade. i know not to even try to attack her after she uses certain attacks because they're safe and she's just gonna use another move after. according to you, anyone can beat jade now because her U3 can be ducked- even though it whiffed on jumping opponents and was easily punished by teleports and whatever else you said. you can always use kang or something.

Anyone could have beaten jade pre-patch so what is the revelation here?

his double teleport and smoke towards/away prevent him from being cornered. you know smoke is one of the hardest characters to keep cornered, right?

thank god smoke bomb doesn't cause chip, but it builds his meter, especially when i'm blocking it.

only a moron smoke would stand there and hold parry while i walk up to him. anyone smart would let go of the hold and do something else. nightwolf's reflect has recovery, smoke's parry has very very little.

i'm a sindel main so people often run to smoke once i pick my character and do this the whole match. just saying, even when i do win it's a long and boring fight. i thought that's what was being patched when they mentioned smoke's parry "handcuffing" the opponent.
i've been saying this for a long time but no one gets it: smoke's parry is meant to be a smart counter for people who are paying attention. it's not something to constantly activate. same with jade's glow but people will use them how they want, i suppose.

thank you for being hospitable, unlike others.
its juts a real bad matchup for sindel, anti zone characters are really inque in this game and i like it;D

Husteen

Noob.
Avaarice, this is not why i joined TYM. ironically, i joined tym to avoid exactly this.
so after speaking with you for a little while, if i ever see you on PSN you should:
1~ pick jade
2~ lose because you picked jade
the best advice i can give you guys is don't be upset when your character gets super-buffed XD

Husteen

Noob.
its juts a real bad matchup for sindel, anti zone characters are really inque in this game and i like it;D
it's not THAT bad of a matchup. that just means sindel can't zone smoke, no one can.
but it's different when he runs away and does what i said.
i'm sure he wouldn't try that against my other main, rain, because he'd die really fast lol

i gotta agree. i played like 2000 matches with jade and what she got is awesome. i mean, she gets a fullscreen pressure tool. en rangs were good before but now theyre uber. pushback on staff makes her even safer. yes her startups are mostly shit, her projectiles are slow, but she has lots of other advatages and now a shitoad of options at every screen range. if you complain about her status, you just dont know how to use her tools.

@past, im not doubting your huge amount of theoretical knowledge about jade but it starts seeming to me you got something wrong about actually playing her .

They really over-buffed jax and noobs shadow charge is overhead wtf!! Noob needed a buff but a projectile that covers half the screen is now an overhead? Jax will even jump to a tier now, I like how NRS is making characters more meter dependant makes me feel im not the only one as a scorpion player;D sheevas is an overhead as well!? shout outs to overhead projectiles....

general buffs are nice especially the invulnerable frames during wakeup and the negative edge improved. but the input bug is still annoying as hell especially as a scorpion player, i get a slow roundhouse kick instead of a down4. i hope this general patch will fix the teleport wakeups getting stuffed.

I think with the new patch a lot of kitana and kabal players will be dominating, seeing how they raped KL.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
A move needs to have good startup and safe on block to be good.
Wrong, because there are a fuckton of moves that are unsafe and are slow, but are considered very good moves.

And Mileena escapes again!

But anyway, Jax gets another move with armor? Curious as to why that's necessary. F3 being overhead I can see since it just looks like it should've been one from the start. But damn, NRS really wanted Jax to be top tier or somethin. Same for Sub Zero. Logically, why would they increase the freeze timer for regular ice blast? That was the point of EX wasn't it? They must really love Sub Zero over there.

Most of the other stuff makes sense. Noob's overhead shadow still concerns me, but we'll see how that goes. Skarlet looks like she'll effectively be nerfed most, since in addition to the obvious cooldown on her daggers, a lot of other character buffs include more armor or other ways to beat zoning.

Well... here we go.

Past

Noob
Avaarice, this is not why i joined TYM. ironically, i joined tym to avoid exactly this.
so after speaking with you for a little while, if i ever see you on PSN you should:
1~ pick jade
2~ lose because you picked jade
the best advice i can give you guys is don't be upset when your character gets super-buffed XD
Not sure where you are going with this. Online trash-talking won't prove anything. Why are you addressing me by my PSN? Did I beat you or something? Nevermind, I remember who you are now. You were getting blown up by my Liu Kang after you were complaining in the chat room about "spamming". A Sindel player complaining about "spamming". Imagine that. Then you ragequitted before the end of the round once I had you in the corner. Just to let you know, I will never play you again. Rage quitting is the epitome of online scrubbery and I will never tolerate it. I have never ragequitted against anyone because I don't want it to be done to me.

Past

Noob
Wrong, because there are a fuckton of moves that are unsafe and are slow, but are considered very good moves.
Tell me some moves that has slow startup and unsafe on block, but are considered good and I will gladly retract my statement.

EDIT: Nevermind I just kept thinking of the S tier characters.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Tell me some moves that has slow startup and unsafe on block, but are considered good and I will gladly retract my statement.

EDIT: Nevermind I just kept thinking of the S tier characters.
Some of these are just one or the other, but for the most part are slow startup.

Reptile forceballs. Sub's freeze. Baraka's 221+2. Kitana's f21. That's just a few.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
So far I couldn't get anything mid screen. But he might get some extra pressure with enhanced knives with something like b11 ex knives.
Did you try D1 or f3?

and lolz at people bitching at this damn near perfect update

The fact that the jet pack turns off more often... is fucking LAME!
is there something i'm missing? like an inside joke... =/

Jade mainers are very upset by her changes. Its worse for us because NRS lead us on by saying that she was "dope" now. U3 being able to be ducked now completely canceled out the rest of her "buffs". She is a mid range character and yet they are nerfing her most important spacing tool. This is mind boggling.
The sole fact that Jade can EX Rang out of ALL of her unsafe "cancelable" strings is a huge buff. On block or on hit. Remember this opens a new door to 50/50s. Imagine if u forced the opponent to block low while you're using an overhead at the same time. FREE launcher.

now she gets pushback on her blocked staff grab and whatever else... jade mainers should also feel ashamed while being upset.
Pretty much this.

Jade is one of the MOST fun characters to play...for me personally. But like Kabal, Cyrax, and Quan Chi...she requires a bit of execution and/or mix ups to use effectively. Jade has all the tools to be a great character.

I hope they fix the JC vs Reptile match-up its very annoying when my forceballs go thru him >.>
Can someone explain what this means?

On paper, this game looks really balanced now. I would also include Liu Kang, Nightwolf, Mileena, and a couple of other characters in the top 10.
Ugh...Mileena. Try top 5.

She's sooo much better than folks give her credit for IMO.

B3, 2- safe on block
F212- safe on block
3, 4- safe on block
2, 3, F2- safe on block
4- safe on block
shadow kick- safe on block
staff overhead- safe on block
staff grab- safe on block
Why Jade players are doing anything beyond...

1,2 (dash cancelable)
d+3 (dash cancelable)
2,3,f+2
4 (best meaty)
d+4
b+2 (best anti air)

...ll in which can be cancelable by Staff Throw to push back, or Glow Kick to advance forward and be at least neutral on block, or EX Rangs for mix up on block or on hit...is beyond me. =/

Snip[/COLOR]
Epic sig is epic. :)

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Digi: can't be bothered trying to make it so I'm quoting you through that mountain of text =P

What he means about JC vs Reptile is that up close if JC uses EX force ball one of them misses reptile by an inch and flys over his head no matter what. So F3, 3 xx EX force ball does not work at all. This removes one of his powerful frametrap guessing games/pressure/whatever you want to call it. Even without this reptile is a bad matchup but this just is icing on the cake that makes it worse.

Same thing happens with Ermac too, just those 2 chars and no one else. I'm guessing they are the shortest standing chars =P