What's new

Strategy Official Baraka Kombo/Korner Game Thread

dam i tryed so hard to catch them with en chop chop after the first spin.
and ounce i finally got it to work the en chop chop doesn't do any freaking damage.
thats just stupid

Hey my fellow Barakans

What do you think about the combo possibilities of the frame data below. I was checking out the latest update to Baraka's frame data and it appears that he has major frame advantage on his cancel strings (block or hit). If its correct, his mixup possibilities are endless? I copied the info below from the thread.

Cancel Advantage (block) - number of frames that show how fast you and your opponent recover after the move is cancelled and is blocked.
1 - +17
1,2 - +16
1,2,1 - +21
2 - +27
2,1 - +27
2,2 - +25
3 - +19
4 - +17
D+1 - -1
D+3 - +1
D+4 - +25
B+1 - +23
B+1,1 - +19
B+1,F+2 - +20
B+2 - +23
B+3 - +18
B+3,1 - +8
B+3,2 - +15
F+2 - +22
F+4 - +13

Cancel Advantage (hit) - number of frames that show how fast you and your opponent recover after the move is cancelled and lands. If there is two numbers, the second one is if your opponent tech rolls.
1 - ≥+17
1,2 - ≥+15
1,2,1 - +31
2 - +33
2,1 - +33
2,2 - ≥+29
3 - +39
4 - +41
D+1 - +14
D+1 (vs crouch) - +12
D+3 - +12
D+3 (vs crouch) - +19
D+4 - +31
D+4 (vs crouch) - +24
B+1 - ≥+16
B+1,1 - +37
B+1,F+2 - ≥+15
B+2 - ≥+20
B+3 - ≥+19
B+3,1 - ≥+20
B+3,2 - ≥+28
F+2 - ≥+17
F+4 - ≥+2

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
just two corner hit confirm xray combos been buzzin off lately,

jip,B3,2~chop,4~xray 53%
jip,B1,F1-chop-4~xray (does a % or 2 more,double check damage later)

(know this a corner thread but these can be done midscreen with replacing the 4 with D4)

jip,22,1+2.B3,1.B3,1,B1,1~xray is 51% but not nearly as stylish looking ;)

1man3letters

when using the reset, do you have more of an advantage the higher the character is in the air or does it not really matter ?
yes you do, higher you do it more frames till opp hits the ground

example: you opp would have less of a chance to counter/jump after B3,1 x3, f4 rather than B3,1 x3, B1,1~spin, f4

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Yes you have more advantage, this is why things like b31 X3 F4 and F44 F4 are better to use in the corner.

cool, i kind of new the anwser i was just confirming from the pros :) and have you found anything useful to do after you splat an opp in the corner ? just wondering

Zoidberg747

cool, i kind of new the anwser i was just confirming from the pros :) and have you found anything useful to do after you splat an opp in the corner ? just wondering
What exactly do you mean? Like when you knock them down in the corner? I would suggest doing a D4, or Chop Chop if the other characters wakeup game isnt that good. Or sweep to get your opponent back up again.

1man3letters

Yes you have more advantage, this is why things like b31 X3 F4 and F44 F4 are better to use in the corner.
about the f4,4 to f4 in corner,
if the f4,4 just hits them while standing i personally just finish the combo for the damage,
unless the f4,4 catches them while there jumping then it better for the f4 as it takes them out the air high

Zoidberg747

about the f4,4 to f4 in corner,
if the f4,4 just hits them while standing i personally just finish the combo for the damage,
unless the f4,4 catches them while there jumping then it better for the f4 as it takes them out the air high
What combo do you use off of F44?

Zoidberg747

Meh, it doesnt seem like that much damage. I wouldnt X-Ray either, breaker is too valuable. Second one might be viable, but ill just stick with resets anyway haha.

P.S. I have found that F44 F4 is fast enough that you can chip them for a lot of damage for doing it twice or three times.

1man3letters

Meh, it doesnt seem like that much damage. I wouldnt X-Ray either, breaker is too valuable. Second one might be viable, but ill just stick with resets anyway haha.

P.S. I have found that F44 F4 is fast enough that you can chip them for a lot of damage for doing it twice or three times.
no not be much damage but nice to have them if need the kill incase dont want opp to armor out of reset or situation were u need the life lead with clock running down, any damage good damge in my eyes

but f4 on block is -7 so the follow up F4 could be beaten by a 18frame oe less move if them dont respect the last4.
not as bad if the f4,4 hits as only -2 but it still at disadv

Zoidberg747

Yeah I meant to say just F44, if you repeat that a couple of times then you can end with an F4 the second or third time to catch them if they try to poke or jump out.

1man3letters

anyone ever had this happen before?
i know there is a combo to make the screen turn sideways when the xray hits in the combo but has anyone else had it happen of just a raw xray?
the positions switch when this happen so besides looking badass it doesnt help raka at all

happened to me at casuals yesterday vs radien, tried to replicated it but couldnt so only thing we could think of was the xray caught radien in the 1st frame start up of tele we things besides throws can hit him, was really strange

Flagg

Noob
anyone ever had this happen before?
i know there is a combo to make the screen turn sideways when the xray hits in the combo but has anyone else had it happen of just a raw xray?
the positions switch when this happen so besides looking badass it doesnt help raka at all

happened to me at casuals yesterday vs radien, tried to replicated it but couldnt so only thing we could think of was the xray caught radien in the 1st frame start up of tele we things besides throws can hit him, was really strange
This happens with Jades X Ray. I made a thread about this ages ago on another forum when I used to main her. I think if you corner someone and impliment a X Ray into a combo, the screen sort of turns "side ways" and if you leave the character alone, she is almost facing at you "the player", not at the character. It's weird.

1man3letters

This happens with Jades X Ray. I made a thread about this ages ago on another forum when I used to main her. I think if you corner someone and impliment a X Ray into a combo, the screen sort of turns "side ways" and if you leave the character alone, she is almost facing at you "the player", not at the character. It's weird.
yes i know there are times with a few chars where xray combos would do this but this time happened from just a raw naked xray, was crazy, never seen it happen like that before