What's new

Strategy Official Baraka Kombo/Korner Game Thread

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
This thread is for all discussion about Baraka's corner game. This may be his best attribute as a character, and I thought it deserved its own thread. You can talk about resets, combos, reset combos, how to keep them in the corner,
ANYTHING you can think of! Ill add a lot to this thread eventually, but for starters, here is my 3:00 combo video featuring resets and combos:

How to get them there
1. Use a series of well timed blade charge's. REMEMBER, Blade charge is safe on block when used from a distance, up close it is punished by a full combo.
2. Midscreen reset combos, for example: B+3,1 dash F+4. after the F+4, follow with a 2,2,1+2 dash F+4. Keep mixing them up like this(frame traps) and ALWAYS use 2,2,1+2 if they duck block, as the last hit is an overhead.

Corner combos
Meterless:
B+3,1 B+3,1 B+3,1 spin, spin
B+3,1 B+3,1 1,2,1 spin, spin
B+3,1 NJP B+3,1 spin, spin
B+3,1 U+3, B+3,1 1,2,1 spin

(Replace first B+3,1 with 2,2,1+2 for more damage)

Meter:
B+3,1 B+3,1 B+3,1 EX spin, spin
B+3,2 EX slices B+3,1 spin, spin
B+3,2 EX slices B+3,1 1,2,1 EX spin, spin

OnizukaPM said:
Personally when i have 1 bar of meter in corner i love something like this:

221+2(on hit) B31, B31, F4
B31 ( low ) B31, B31, F4
F2(high),Exslices, B31, F4
Throw

My favourite setup :D
How to keep them there
1. Reset combos: Replace any of the combo enders above with F+4 to continue pressure.
Low pokes: D+4, D+1, they can be jumped over so be careful

1man3letters said:
on the how to keep them there.....

step back around sweep,
bail and punish wake ups
njps
if the opp wants to sleep start the 22 1+2 combo whiffing the 22 and your opp will have to block and 1+2 and u can pressure again
scout f2/b3 from this range
use spin to stop jump outs and put them back in

also when in close pressuring with d1/d3~slices a spin after a blocked slices will make them think about trying to jump out of poke~slices pressure

Any other tips will be updated into OP!

Acid Hand

The Acid Hand
The Javelin Fangz Reset. **NEW 44%**

Greetings everyone,

A new corner reset with the highest damage to date has been discovered (44%).

Magnet

No Longer Sh*t Tier!
good stuff! baraka's corner game was pretty deadly as it was.

hmm hey sindel players, you know that f1,2 "reset" with her? its now called the "Magnetic" reset k? (hence my name)

just kidding

Bravo Moe

Baraka Lova
Excellent Work .. Besides the fact that the idea of the name "Javelin" makes it super hot n sexy !!! :)

That wass a (no bar) combo + reset. (gorgeous)

Try this one .. Jp, b31,F44,b31,b11 spin knee .. Honestly I haven't made it but I think if you do this one then you might pop up with a record (for a no bar combo reset)!! :)

Keep up the great work dude

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
on the how to keep them there.....

step back around sweep,use this for various things
bail and punish wake ups
stop njps
if the opp wants to sleep start the 22 1+2 combo whiffing the 22 and your opp will have to block and 1+2 and u can pressure again
f2 hits from this range
use spin to stop jump outs and put them back in

also when in close pressuring with d1/d3~slices a spin after a blocked slices will make them think about trying to jump out of poke~slices pressure

theres alot of b3,1 combos (know youve noted you can use 22 1+2 instead on B3,1)

b3,2 and f2 combos should get a mention here also
just two simple ones i like to use are,

1meter resets- b3 2,ex slices,b3 1,f4
F2-ex slices,b3 1,f4

B31 ( low ) B31, B31, F4
Throw

Bravo Moe

Baraka Lova

B31 ( low ) B31, B31, F4
Throw

Thats right dude .. Any damage is good damage in corner and thats what I do. But the next combo you do after the reset make sure you end up with double spin or at least chop chop to get some good beef burger in the end :)
I fucked up a very good Liu Kang yesterday (haha)

1man3letters

Thats right dude .. Any damage is good damage in corner and thats what I do. But the next combo you do after the reset make sure you end up with double spin or at least chop chop to get some good beef burger in the end :)
I fucked up a very good Liu Kang yesterday (haha)
any damage is good damage...i like it

yea double spin has really taking chop chops place in corner combos,especialy with some combo now being able to end in spin-f4
only really use it when sure of the kill now ...ohh chop chop you used to be so proud with your anti air autocorrecting and your vacuum that would just suck people in for moving and now you get beat by a jump in punch....how sad

fuckin up a really good liu kang? intresting,the irish mk champ is a flithy good kang and i know the matchup 5-5 but those iafb to keep me out and frametraps and crossover when get in,i really want to get better at that matchup,dont see to many kangs,even online

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
You will not escape- Baraka Corner Game video

This is a video I put together explaining Baraka's corner game in depth. How to get them in the corner, what to do in the corner, resets, combos, mixups, U3 uses. Literally anything I could think of. I hope this helps some of you guys out, especially those that have just joined the Tarkatan clan!

1man3letters

just a little bit o info guys..

not that its used much but never and i mean never use the f2,4 string while you have you opp backed into the corner,
on hit, if u block after it u will be switched sides, with your back now to the corner which is obviously very bad

Is there a higher 221+2 meterless midscreen than 221+2 b31 dash b1 blade charge for 30%?
221+2,b31,dash,b11,charge is higher dmg
and i think 221+2,b31,dash,4,charge is 32%? dont remember exactly

btw dont see this posted here but in corner u can make U3,b31,b31,F+4 or 121,spin,spin

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
and i think 221+2,b31,dash,4,charge is 32%? dont remember exactly
You can also do 4 spark for 32%, which puts them in perfect distance for a blade charge. Could yield some interesting results using EX blade charge immediately after, it'll beat some wake ups and it causes Baraka to appear on the other side of them if they delay it.

1man3letters

You can also do 4 spark for 32%, which puts them in perfect distance for a blade charge. Could yield some interesting results using EX blade charge immediately after, it'll beat some wake ups and it causes Baraka to appear on the other side of them if they delay it.
yea ive been trying find more of a place for spark in combos because of its unbreakable properties

like that idea messing up some akeup with the armor but barakas meter is not just to be thrown around as he has trouble building meter outside of frame traps/blockstrings

also jip,22,1+2,dash,f4,4-charge is also 32%

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
yea ive been trying find more of a place for spark in combos because of its unbreakable properties

like that idea messing up some akeup with the armor but barakas meter is not just to be thrown around as he has trouble building meter outside of frame traps/blockstrings

also jip,22,1+2,dash,f4,4-charge is also 32%
Yeah, I wouldn't call the EX blade charge after the spark tech by any means, but I could see it having some potential uses. I've just been doing 221+2, dash, B31, dash, standing 4 spark for 32% simplifies it down. Been doing B31, dash, B31, dash, B11~blade charge for 32% as well; B11 spark won't connect there but standing 4 spark will but it only does like 28-29% I believe. May as well just do a F4 in that situation if you want them close.

Also, I've seen little to no mention to B32 here but I'm presuming it's used pretty commonly. B32~ex slices, dash, blade charge does like 28% if I recall. B32 slices is a nice pressure string though. I've found myself favoring B2 F2 for his mid as well since it's a lot safer on block as opposed to F2; granted you can react to the B2 F2 if they're respecting your B32/B31 so it'd probably be best to throw in the occasional F2 as well.

1man3letters said:
if you look back over the other threads there is alot of talk about b32 options,
i use the same midscreen combo u mentioned with it myself,
great corner carry on it aswell
Yeah, I actually saw the b32 options right as I was heading out the door, but didn't have time to edit my post lol

1man3letters

Yeah, I wouldn't call the EX blade charge after the spark tech by any means, but I could see it having some potential uses. I've just been doing 221+2, dash, B31, dash, standing 4 spark for 32% simplifies it down. Been doing B31, dash, B31, dash, B11~blade charge for 32% as well; B11 spark won't connect there but standing 4 spark will but it only does like 28-29% I believe. May as well just do a F4 in that situation if you want them close.

Also, I've seen little to no mention to B32 here but I'm presuming it's used pretty commonly. B32~ex slices, dash, blade charge does like 28% if I recall. B32 slices is a nice pressure string though. I've found myself favoring B2 F2 for his mid as well since it's a lot safer on block as opposed to F2; granted you can react to the B2 F2 if they're respecting your B32/B31 so it'd probably be best to throw in the occasional F2 as well.
if you look back over the other threads there is alot of talk about b32 options,
i use the same midscreen combo u mentioned with it myself,
great corner carry on it aswell

This is a video I put together explaining Baraka's corner game in depth. How to get them in the corner, what to do in the corner, resets, combos, mixups, U3 uses. Literally anything I could think of. I hope this helps some of you guys out, especially those that have just joined the Tarkatan clan!

Quite informative, but one thing I think you should have mentioned was F4,4 as part of his frame trap guessing games.
After the 2,2,1+2 is blocked, a lot of people will try to jump over you, which the F4,4 will stuff and you can follow up with a charge for 18% or I believe you can do another F4 for the reset.
If you just keep trying for the mix-ups, you're gonna get jumped out on and eat combos.
Once they start respecting that, then I'd try for mix-ups.
You can also do a D1xxSpin D1xxSpin in the corner after a successful F4,4 for 27%.

And of course, if you're close enough, after you hit a D4, you're guaranteed a F4,4 if they try to jump or poke back.
And again, once they start respecting that, you can hop on in for throws, a F2, or more 2,2,1+2 shenanigans.

I figure most of this is well known by now, but I just wanted to touch on it since you didn't mention it in the vid and in case some new comers didn't know some of it.

1man3letters

so.....NEW TECH!!!

some might of seen i mentioned in the frame data thread raka can combo of a b4 on hit in the corner to charge or sweep for unscaled damage which was a nice enough find in itself,
now as i sure alot of people also know if something is unscaled it isnt a combo,while this might sound stupid to say its what lead me to this...

if b4 hits and the opp hits block before the spin they will be reset to standing while raka gains meter for the blocked spin and chip
while this "combo" link is tight, the fact i havnt seen it said i thought id share this b4 tech

(also please no one make a new thread about this,keep baraka corner game tech here)

LEGEND

YES!
(Corner work)
After D4 hits in the corner you can throw in an U3 with only a small window of getting hit out of it, if your opponent knows its coming they have time to do a quick uppercut or string but either way if they can't punish it you will be more inclined to use it, if U3 is blocked then you gain frame advantage and can start another string and if they try and jump out after the D4 U3 will hit them in the air or with the wrong spacing it will wiff as they cross you up, if it lands it sets up for the following combo: (U3) NJP, U3, B31, 121 bladespin, D1 bladespin. it does around 40%

U3 jumps over most low poke attempts and on some still hits your opponent as well, i believe you can B31 after U3 hits in the corner but it might not work due to the hitbox of duck stance (haven't tested it)
-

if you have 3 bars in the corner its always good to go for B32 EX slices or F2 EX slices, both lead to around 38% combos or can be reset. you can also stand at jump distance (preferably after knockdown) and do 21-EX slices or back up and go for a Deep jump kick combo like (D) JK, B31, B31, 121 bladespin or i think you can go straight into 121 bladespin then F4 to reset

1man3letters

after D4 hits in the corner you can safely U3, if U3 is blocked then you gain frame advantage and can start another string but if they try and jump out U3 will hit them in the air and setup for the following combo: (U3) NJP, U3, B31, 121 bladespin, D1 bladespin. it does around 40%

U3 jumps over most low poke attempts and on some still hits your opponent as well, i believe you can B31 after U3 hits in the corner but it might not work due to the hitbox of duck stance (haven't tested it)
not to sure about this info...
if you do the maths d4 is +13 on hit, u3 is 24 frames, thats a gap of 11 frames, easily enough time to stuff the u3, sonya and quan for example have more than enough time to uppercut your head of your shoulders with a gap of 11 frames