What's new

NRS Cancels Last Chance Qualifier Event, Removes Live Audience From Final Kombat Just Day Before the Event

Agilaz

It has begun
4,500 people infected in Italy. 200 have died. This means 1 out of 25 people.
80,000 people infected in China. 3,000 have died. This means 1 out of 27 people.

I wouldn't call that overblown. People are right to be afraid.
It IS overblown if you look at it with some nuance. The people who died were either old, had compounding health issues or had compromised immune systems.

Yes, we should probably make sure not to spread it further to protect the most vulnerable, but aside from that it's really is a bad flu.

China is always gonna be a nightmare scenario in case of highy contagious diseases due to population and population density. Italy was mainly a matter of people fucking up a lot.

The current number of confirmed infections stands at around 102k. Over half of those, around 57k, have been confirmed to be cured.

So please, can we stop the mass hysteria? NRS cancelling the LCQ and prohibiting an audience does literally nothing in terms of prevention if people have already taken planes there, not to mention they're still exposing the players and staff during Final Kombat.

666 I HazeOner

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
I seriously believe folks who are up in arms over this don't think that far ahead. They can't. They just think of the here and now instead of what could possibly happen. It's awful.
I most people complaining don't even go to the event and like to showoff their brand new pitch forks. They will be the first to complain that the event should've been canceled if someone gets sick.
It IS overblown if you look at it with some nuance. The people who died were either old, had compounding health issues or had compromised immune systems.

Yes, we should probably make sure not to spread it further to protect the most vulnerable, but aside from that it's really is a bad flu.

China is always gonna be a nightmare scenario in case of highy contagious diseases due to population and population density. Italy was mainly a matter of people fucking up a lot.

The current number of confirmed infections stands at around 102k. Over half of those, around 57k, have been confirmed to be cured.

So please, can we stop the mass hysteria? NRS cancelling the LCQ and prohibiting an audience does literally nothing in terms of prevention if people have already taken planes there, not to mention they're still exposing the players and staff during Final Kombat.
It would not have to be "overblown' if governments would have invested more in decent emergency healthcare. It isn't about the casualties, it is about the capacity of hospitals, amount of doctors/nurses and medicine.
Once the vaccine is ready, most problems are over as the weaker can get vaccinated. Until then we better be carefull (although I think it is too late already) as the exact recovery/mortality rate is really hard to calculate because of the time lag. I think we will get more results in the coming month because S-Korea/Italy/Singapore/Japan are really open with their numbers, especially compared to China.

y0da

Noob
I don't care there's no audience. That's a good precaution move honestly. But canceling LCQ? That's a dumb decision and I can't find any sense in it. Unless I'm missing something.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
Lads my father is in hospital after a serious surgery and i cant go and visit him because its closed to visitors.
Do some of you have no elderly family members or what? All my grandparents have died but even i see how if one person has the virus which spreads to everyone at the event, all being young and (semi) healthy, younger people might not even show symptoms. So a week goes past someone goes visiting family infects a younger sibling or a grandparent or someone with asthma etc etc etc..
Look it fucking sucks but some need to realise this is prob another spanish flu any minimising of contact and mass gatherings need to be looked at .
Theyre actually talking about cancelling st patricks day in ireland ... let that sink in !!

Sazbak

Noob
they are refunding flights and accommodation as well. .. maybe read the NRS feed before acting all righteous.

NRS should have made this decision a week ago, but they made the correct choice. They are refunding tickets, travel and accommodation, which is going to hit them financially and that includes return travel.

They are doing everything they can to make this right, and spectators and players looses nothing but time and maybe a day or two of work... but guess what shit happens, life happens.

I can not see how this is a big issue to act all pissy about. Does it suck? Sure, is it, but the actual impact on people is so minimal. I mean what more can they do?
Holy shit the level of shillness here. People wasted time and got potentially exposed to the virus for nothing. Also by time I don't only mean travel time, I also mean months of training time and energy. You can't refund that.

skahwt

Noob
Where did I call anybody dispensable? Stop cherry picking my posts and go improve your reading comprehension instead of being a trashbag
Cherry picking? I quoted your first paragraph in its entirety, in which you stated the only people who died are at risk groups. Here’s your post in its entirety. It doesn’t read much better:

Last edited:

Agilaz

It has begun
Cherry picking? I quoted your first paragraph in its entirety, in which you stated the “only” people who died are at risk groups. Here’s your post in its entirety. It doesn’t read much better:
How is me pointing that out the same as calling these people dispensable? Where did i say that?

Seems to me you're just projecting tbh

smoke420

Noob
I think nrs needs to give us every skin left available right now for free.

Or 5k crystal, cyrax.... do something

So every player who traveled and risked their health to get there risked it for nothing.

I was way more hyped for LCQ, it was full of potential killers. I don't give a flying FLUCK about Final Kombat after this. It's Sonic or Ninja, will be boring AF. I'll catch the Spawn trailer on Youtube afterwards.

I really feel for those who trained hard for LCQ and traveled for nothing. Have a safe way back!
Yea lol those road to LCQ matches were hype especially the biovdeadly rebel matches, They were both showing how strong those characters can be. It's just gonna be a Johnny, Jacqui fest which will be boring. Hopefully sonic picks a weird character again to spice it up.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Tournaments are a waste of money for the 'average' player anyway. NRS did you guys a favor. Now you can watch the same 'pros' play without being out some cash. I don't know whats more regrettable, their late decision making or people's willingness to still travel at this point.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
4,500 people infected in Italy. 200 have died. This means 1 out of 25 people.
80,000 people infected in China. 3,000 have died. This means 1 out of 27 people.

I wouldn't call that overblown. People are right to be afraid.
These are the lowest causes of death from any method in these countries. Shark attacks, electrocution, plane crashes, auto-erotic asphyxiation...all more likely than dying from CoronaVirus.
But keep hoarding that toilet paper and sanitizer.
And stop masturbating.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
These are the lowest causes of death from any method in these countries. Shark attacks, electrocution, plane crashes, auto-erotic asphyxiation...all more likely than dying from CoronaVirus.
But keep hoarding that toilet paper and sanitizer.
And stop masturbating.
Ugh, I feel like washing my hands just reading this crap.

Last edited:

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
You guys seem to be confusing death rate with total deaths. Obviously the total is lower because the epidemic only started a couple months ago. It continues to grow higher over time.

That doesn’t mean that people should be hysterical about it. But reasonable precautions are in order. There’s no vaccine for it yet, so figuring out how to manage the spread is just as important as treating the people who get it.

We all have parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles and friends who are older, so hopefully we all have a bit of empathy for the people who suffer most from this. And the doctor who first reported this outbreak died — and he was neither old, nor chronically ill, and was a medical professional. So I think it’s best to not be cavalier.

Imo ‘calm but smart’ is the best course of action.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Its obviously serious, but I think the MSM as always loves to scare people and overhype everything at the same time. Not saying it's not serious but they always make these stories "apocalyptic level"

If people are smart, dont go out when sick, you infect others so dont be an idiot. Check your temp, go to doctor, wash your hands, use sanitizer of 60% minimum I use 70% if you can find some.

I would personally avoid large crowds anyway.

Coronavirus isn't anyone's fault in the world except China's.

NRS is doing the right thing at the end of the day, do you value a good time for one day or two or your health and possibly life potentially? Hmm ,such a hard choice.