What's new

NRS Cancels Last Chance Qualifier Event, Removes Live Audience From Final Kombat Just Day Before the Event

ExpectFlames

Lord of embers
I didn't ask you for proof about what you said about leaks, dude. If you don't stop this shit now, you're history. End of story.
Firstly I'm not scared of you, secondly havent broken any community guidelines @STORMS you gotta talk to your mods champ there threating people for things they started no one asked to comment on my shit here or my wall you can flip context all you want you looking real bad here.

E

Eldriken

Firstly I'm not scared of you, secondly havent broken any community guidelines @STORMS you gotta talk to your mods champ there threating people for things they started no one asked to comment on my shit here or my wall you can flip context all you want you looking real bad here.

E

Eldriken

This is what I asked proof for, Flames. It's right in your damn face and you're here claiming I asked for proof about your claim that something is gonna get leaked.

I never inquired for shit about this supposed leak, dude. Read again.

And I'm only "threatening" you because I am really trying to convince myself that you're simply trolling and not really this ignorant.

E

Eldriken

@ExpectFlames, here's even more proof from your status update that you referenced earlier with absolutely zero context to back it up. See, this is what I asked you to do yesterday: provide proof like I am to back up my claims. You've yet to do that at all.

Now if you still refuse to accept what I've been telling you with irrefutable proof in your face for everyone to see, then I don't know what to tell you.

ExpectFlames

Lord of embers
This is what I asked proof for, Flames. It's right in your damn face and you're here claiming I asked for proof about your claim that something is gonna get leaked.

I never inquired for shit about this supposed leak, dude. Read again.

And I'm only "threatening" you because I am really trying to convince myself that you're simply trolling and not really this ignorant.
Wow just wow I wont broach it anymore my guy, you got that.

ExpectFlames

Lord of embers
@ExpectFlames, here's even more proof from your status update that you referenced earlier with absolutely zero context to back it up. See, this is what I asked you to do yesterday: provide proof like I am to back up my claims. You've yet to do that at all.

View attachment 16629

Now if you still refuse to accept what I've been telling you with irrefutable proof in your face for everyone to see, then I don't know what to tell you.
Dead the beef just for solidarity sake. see you in KL

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
The fact that all of you that this in no way effects can’t understand why those who it does effect would be upset really makes no sense to me. The self righteousness and virtue signaling is really obnoxious.

The players who this actually directly effects have every right to feel however they want about the situation. The event was canceled at the last minute. Meaning these players wasted countless amount of hours training and preparing specifically for this one event. Not to mention the time wasted traveling and all that entails.

Seriously, it really isn’t hard at all to have empathy here and understand why the players who wasted all this time that they never will get back would be just a little upset at the situation.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I take it there was a lot of people who were going to watch too given the fact that it says audience they will also be disappointed I'm sure, at the end of the day I think NRS did the right thing. Inconvenient? Sure. But why that's life, would you rather be very disappointed or get sick ? Answer seems simple to me.

skahwt

Noob
The fact that all of you that this in no way effects can’t understand why those who it does effect would be upset really makes no sense to me. The self righteousness and virtue signaling is really obnoxious.

The players who this actually directly effects have every right to feel however they want about the situation. The event was canceled at the last minute. Meaning these players wasted countless amount of hours training and preparing specifically for this one event. Not to mention the time wasted traveling and all that entails.

Seriously, it really isn’t hard at all to have empathy here and understand why the players who wasted all this time that they never will get back would be just a little upset at the situation.
I agree with you that it’s important to have empathy for the players. How maddening that they’ve worked for months and spent time and money to prepare for an event just to have it canceled while they're on a plane or in a hotel room. You’re right that I can’t fully understand how they feel, but I think their anger is justifiable and understandable.

I disagree this has no effect on those who weren’t planning on attending. This is a global pandemic. I know it’s unlikely that anyone on this site will get sick because of an event in Chicago, but so many people have been infected by a stranger or from someone they know who contracted the virus from somebody they’ll never meet and who may live thousands of miles away. I think canceling the LCQ and the spectators at the KK was the right move, but agree the timing is harder to justify.

That was a lot of words to say I respect your opinion, empathy for the players is important, and though I agree with the call, the timing of the cancellation is hard to excuse.

Agilaz

It has begun
I have no horse in this race but I will say that cancelling the LCQ has to be the worst possible decision. Consider:

Players and other attendees were warned too late. These people already went out, on planes, on public transport, other crowded areas - already risking exposure. How does cancelling LCQ at the last moment prevent any of them getting infected at that point? You've already let them take the biggest risks.

On a lesser note, i feel the game really need something like the LCQ. Some top tier players in there with interesting character picks. Now it's just gonna be the same top tiers until the end and I'm sorry, i can only watch so much Jacqui/Johnny/Liu/Geras before i tune out.

At least we'll get some juicy reveals today

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I agree with you that it’s important to have empathy for the players. How maddening that they’ve worked for months and spent time and money to prepare for an event just to have it canceled while they're on a plane or in a hotel room. You’re right that I can’t fully understand how they feel, but I think their anger is justifiable and understandable.

I disagree this has no effect on those who weren’t planning on attending. This is a global pandemic. I know it’s unlikely that anyone on this site will get sick because of an event in Chicago, but so many people have been infected by a stranger or from someone they know who contracted the virus from somebody they’ll never meet and who may live thousands of miles away. I think canceling the LCQ and the spectators at the KK was the right move, but agree the timing is harder to justify.

That was a lot of words to say I respect your opinion, empathy for the players is important, and though I agree with the call, the timing of the cancellation is hard to excuse.
It’s just unfortunate for everybody involved. Nobody really wins here (except Kombat).

skahwt

Noob
It’s just unfortunate for everybody involved. Nobody really wins here (except Kombat).
Agreed. It’s a shitty situation. Even Kombat, or whoever places well in the event, will have their accomplishment overshadowed by the circumstances surround the Kup. If Kombat wins, he’ll unfairly have an asterisk placed next to his name.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
Coronavirus: Northern Italy quarantines 16 million people
I think that some people in this thread are going to get a massive shock. The fact people are still going on about this like it was NRS's fault and that it wasn't the correct decision is mind blowing to me. Though the decision should have come sooner.
Almost no one here says that cancelling the LCQ was a bad idea. It's the timing which reeks of incompetence.

I think it was really mishandled. I understand the corona virus is growing out of hand, but why the heck wait until 20 hours before the event, knowing there are players flying from abroad???
anyway, i made a video abt it where i speak my mind in my MKpit channel:

Also, i dont see cary hiroyuki tagwawa and Todd mcfarlane coming to the event now. Sucks!

Bigzo

Noob
The timing of this makes any good intentions moot.

People were on planes and cars when it was announced, so they were already potentially exposed to corona Chan.

xKMMx

Banned
You're making a big assumption there my guy. Sounds like you know the inside and out of the whole process and why this was communicated like this.

Can't we give them the benefit of doubt just because people say MK is bad?
What’s the assumption I’m making? There are tons of people not just on this site but most common sense people think this was poorly handled.