What's new

[Nov 15, 2014] Naptown Clutch IV (with GGA & CORN attending) (Indianapolis, IN)

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
48 hours!

I will try to be there early (probably around 8 or 9 am), to set up my station in our NRS room and get my Ultra SFIV matches out of the way. But then once I'm done with Ultra, I am down for any and all casuals in Injustice / MK 9!

NB Semi Evil Ryu

To everyone that is making the trip tomorrow: have a safe drive and I look forward to seeing you all!

Fromundaman

I write too much.
Just got back a little bit ago and I want to say holy shit this was an awesome tournament. The hype at this event as well as the awesome matches helped reignite my passion for this game (Which had *started* to fade as more people in my scene dropped it).

Thanks to everyone who showed and participated for making it a great time, and a special thank you to the TOs for making it all possible.
If I have time I'll leave personalized shoutouts tomorrow.

Hopefully I'll be able to see you guys again at KIT!

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
Dammn. Good job @GGA saucy
jack
I'm guessing you went superman.
I'm sad @GGA 16 Bit couldn't pull out a win for selina.
And good jobs to you eevee I know it was hard for you after what has happened
1st: GGA SaucyJack
2nd: GGA 16 Bit
3rd: CORN JDM
4th: AL Eevee
5th: NB Semi-Evil Ryu
5th: GGA Growlix
7th: AL Fromundaman
7th: ??? (Don't remember this one)

NB Semi Evil Ryu

1st: GGA SaucyJack
2nd: GGA 16 Bit
3rd: CORN JDM
4th: AL Eevee
5th: NB Semi-Evil Ryu
5th: GGA Growlix
7th: AL Fromundaman
7th: ??? (Don't remember this one)
I think that the other 7th was GGA Dizzy. (Edit: Wait, no it wasn't. It was someone else.)

I'm waiting on Nolber or whomever else to upload the full results / bracket before I make the aftermath thread. Unless Vandy was already planning on making it himself.

I cannot wait for you guys to see the recorded matches. There were some really good sets!

Last edited:

Jim

Emperor of the Moon
I think that the other 7th was GGA Dizzy. (Edit: Wait, no it wasn't. It was someone else.)

I'm waiting on Nolber or whomever else to upload the full results / bracket before I make the aftermath thread. Unless Vandy was already planning on making it himself.

I cannot wait for you guys to see the recorded matches. There were some really good sets!
I was the other 7th place.

Fromundaman

I write too much.
All right shoutouts time:

First off to my AL Brethren:

-AL Kenshinoyo: Sorry we had to play, but we started off on opposite sides of the bracket, then climbed our way up loser's bracket after both losing to GGA to meet up, so it's really not the TO's fault that we had to fight. That said GGs and show up to AL more often! I understand you have work, and that really sucks, but it's not really our fault if you don't get to play us enough (And I understand your concern with Cinci Injustice scene dying... Hate that it seemed to happen as soon as I took a short break from the game and as soon as I came back it seemed like only Paul still played).
Also get a TYM account so I can actually tag you in things. I promise it will not affect your ability to lurk.

Oh, and stop playing that dumpster of a character, Cyborg.

- @AL Eevee : Great fucking job! Seriously you deserve all of the props for putting on such a good showing and having the best placement of our crew. I am glad to see all of your hard work paying off, and hopefully we'll see it continue into the future. With some luck we'll attend KiT and you can show everyone that you are a force to be reckoned with.

- @Mod : Shame on you for not entering Injustice, especially considering you didn't even get to play all of your matches in the game you entered instead.

- @Sonic Lionheart : You did pretty well but as I seem to be constantly telling you, you need to actually play the game more if you want to be/stay good.

Now to the GGA crew:

- @GGA Saucy Jack : Great job winning the tournament! You were on fire at this event!
Thanks for all the games by the way; talking to/playing against you is always a blast. Your Superman plays differently from others I've played. It's going to make me go back into the lab (If nothing else, I need to find an answer to j1. I didn't see ANYTHING beat it during the entire event.)
That said, I look forward to our next meeting. Next time the outcome will look more like this:

- @GGA 16 Bit : Your Catwoman remains impressive as ever! You brought the hype with you as well. I loved the banter when Growlix and Eevee were playing.
Shame I didn't get to play you this time around. I was hoping to see if I would fare any better this time than I did the last time we met.

Oh and your reaction to the comment my first opponent made about Joker being better than Sinestro cracked me up!

- @GGA Dizzy : Great job winning KI (And MK9 I think?)! I don't know much about that game, but dear god you made TJ Combo look broke!

- @Jim : Thanks for all the casuals; it definitely taught me a lot about the MU.
I will say though, as a Joker main I have come to accept a lot of BS and learned to work around it. I have come to accept I am playing a bad character and a lot of things are not going to be fair. With all of that said, sometimes enough is enough, and I think this encapsulates my reaction to your D2 going under my standing 2 perfectly:

- @Growlix (I don't know your tag on here, sorry...): Thank you for the friendlies as well. They taught me a lot about that matchup and clearly I need to approach that matchup very differently from how I have in the past (Our local WW players have been less than stellar and you showed me that I had a very wrong idea of how that MU is supposed to work.).
Sorry for very vocally rooting against you when you played Eevee, but I have to root for my training partner.

Everyone else:

-BeardtheBest: I know you won't see this, but yes, this game has a lot of BS, but that's because it is essentially the NRS version of MVC. The general approach to the game is that everyone has BS and to both abuse your BS and learn to defend against other BS.

- @NB Semi Evil Ryu : Don't you DARE stop playing Injustice!
You have consistently beaten me at every single event we have both attended. That ends right now.
Next week is Alpha Attack at Arcade Legacy. If you can't make that then let me know when the next Godlike is and I will try to make it (Actually let me know regardless, but give me 2 weeks advanced warning if possible so I can request it off).
I am tired of losing to Batman and I am tired of losing to you. I don't care what the matchup is, I am going to break this streak. Next time we meet it will look like this:

Love you though (No homo); your Batman is awesome and despite my hatred for the character, I love getting to play against you (Admittedly less so in tournament). I'm really glad this tournament seems to have reignited your passion for the game as well!

- @JDM Great job on 3rd! Shame we didn't get to play; I really wanted a chance to run some matches against your Lex. Also whoever was commentating when you played against Dizzy was hilarious!

- @MajinBerserker : GGs in both casuals and tournament! Lack of matchup experience really helped me. Also I am going to give you the same advice my teammates give me: Stay calm. You were doing great in our 1st match but then you let the OTG resets mess with your head.
I'm not sure if you were from Indy or out of town, but if you were local then hopefully we can play again at a Godlike event at some point.

- @Vandy : Thank you for running such an incredible event.

I know I am forgetting some people, and I apologize for that, but GGs to everyone I played. I enjoyed every match I played here, so thank all of you for both being awesome and attending this event!

MajinBerserker

My power equals yours!
All right shoutouts time:

- @MajinBerserker : GGs in both casuals and tournament! Lack of matchup experience really helped me. Also I am going to give you the same advice my teammates give me: Stay calm. You were doing great in our 1st match but then you let the OTG resets mess with your head.
I'm not sure if you were from Indy or out of town, but if you were local then hopefully we can play again at a Godlike event at some point.
GGs to you too man! Your Joker is amazing. Very glad we got to run sets and play in tournament.
I agree with everything you said in the post about our games & the outcome.
I'm actually from STL. But I'm sure we'll see each other at a future event. Travel to Indy is doable so I wouldn't be against going to a future Net Battles.