What's new

Next MKX Live Stream This Thursday! Kitana vs Reptile

trufenix

bye felicia
I presume it relates to either a variation or an iconic move.
16Bit posted "fear the punchwalk" or something similar a few weeks back when the Kitana trailer turned up. It wasn't until the last stream that Derek and Tyler let loose it's an inside joke / reference to something involving Goro. Beyond that its a mystery.

Montanx

Thats why they call this thing bloodsport, kid.
nobody knows, but the nrs guys keep teasing us it with it
Got it, just wasnt sure if it went back years or not. Ill bet its just something where his bottom arms punch the ground as he walks in either gameplay or a cinematic.

Montanx

Thats why they call this thing bloodsport, kid.
Im kind of bummed that they arent making a character reveal a regular part of these streams. I mean its not like we have THAT much longer til release. Dont they know the attention span of average gamers is short? They need to increse the rate at wich they drop breadcrumbs.

gamesun

Noob
Im kind of bummed that they arent making a character reveal a regular part of these streams. I mean its not like we have THAT much longer til release. Dont they know the attention span of average gamers is short? They need to increse the rate at wich they drop breadcrumbs.
I think they're revealing one today.

Rice

SIRO FOR MK1
I think they're revealing one today.
To be honest i dont think so. I think they only reveal some characters this and next month and the rest they gonna reveal the last 3-4 weeks prior to release to bring the hype for game.

gamesun

Noob
To be honest i dont think so. I think they only reveal some characters this and next month and the rest they gonna reveal the last 3-4 weeks prior to release to bring the hype for game.
My bad, I actually mis read Ed's Twitter. He did say they're revealing who's not making the cut.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
OH SHIT! Reptile in Nimble form can use Flash's Speed Force! Also the stackable proximity damage from Noxious using an acid pool will be a fun way to bullshit people in the corner.

insignis

Noob
Deceptive looks like a stillborn variation. Fatality is kinda boring...Slashing things in half got old in MK9 already.

Deceptive looks like a stillborn variation. Fatality is kinda boring...Slashing things in half got old in MK9 already.
Don't sleep on invisibility. Especially full invisibility without having to use meter. In mk9 I got a lot of miles out of ending combos with invisibility, it's great for baiting wake ups and to keep your opponent holding block, or throwin out panic moves to get you out of it.

That being said, the nimble variation probably has some really good utility.

Immortal

Blind justice....
Maybe it's just me but for the only actual hype thing in this stream today was.... Goro on character select screen.

Reptile really doesn't do it for me. Kitana masked looks ok, unmasked im sorry but she still is kinda ugly. And Jade variaton didn't look strong nor interesting at all. Assassin version was fine thou.

insignis

Noob
Don't sleep on invisibility. Especially full invisibility without having to use meter. In mk9 I got a lot of miles out of ending combos with invisibility, it's great for baiting wake ups and to keep your opponent holding block, or throwin out panic moves to get you out of it.

That being said, the nimble variation probably has some really good utility.
I've never seen invisibility as a good tool at any tournament. Especially when you need to choose between that and Flash's trait or bigger combo/cheap damage.