What's new

New DBZ Movie Teaser Trailer

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
It pits Goku in fucking high school. That should tip you off to how bad it is.
lol oh wow, really? That does sound lame.

What THTB said is 100% true.

But yes, I think they should stick to animated movies.
Yeah, you know I had to read up on it and that's pretty funny. Why would they put him in high school? But I hear ya, I've watched a few way back they're pretty cool.

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.
What joo guys think of this Akira Toriyama interview from last month?
http://www.dragonballinsider.com/2014/05/12/june-2014-saikyo-jump-akira-toriyama-interview/

"Super Saiyan 2 and 3 are nothing more than powered-up variations of Super Saiyan. After the fight with Beerus, Goku realized that mastering his normal state and Super Saiyan would raise his level more and sap less strength, so I think he probably won’t become Super Saiyan 2 or 3 any more."

E

Eldriken

http://www.dragonballinsider.com/2014/05/12/june-2014-saikyo-jump-akira-toriyama-interview/

"Super Saiyan 2 and 3 are nothing more than powered-up variations of Super Saiyan. After the fight with Beerus, Goku realized that mastering his normal state and Super Saiyan would raise his level more and sap less strength, so I think he probably won’t become Super Saiyan 2 or 3 any more."
That's pretty interesting and I'm cool with it.

TKB

Noob
Also, I'm super confused. So there's already a movie out called battle of the gods? And this new movie is... Part 2 of that? And it all takes place right after the Buu saga?

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Vegeta in dbz movies: Makes an epic entrance, gets bodied in one hit after goku and company have been fighting for 10-20 minutes.

What about the original piccolo? Too weak by now?

Faded Dreams V

Also, I'm super confused. So there's already a movie out called battle of the gods? And this new movie is... Part 2 of that? And it all takes place right after the Buu saga?
I think this movie is separate. But yeah, they take place after Buu saga and are presumably canon.

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
I think this movie is separate. But yeah, they take place after Buu saga and are presumably canon.
I think BoZ is officially canon. So GT is officially non-canon (as if it weren't already).

Having said that, the orignal super saiyan has to be it if it's someone we know. Anyone from the Frieza clan? I think Krillin can body them now. Cell? Not an issue with Gohan being significantly stronger as well as Piccolo and the other saiyans. Buu? Maybe, but I don't see Buu coming back as a big threat shortly after being 'killed' (is Uub canon?). Everyone else movie\GT wise doesn't exist.

Side note, what if this is all a huge troll, and the worst wish ever is like brining back that hot blond from Dragonball?

TKB

Noob
I think BoZ is officially canon. So GT is officially non-canon (as if it weren't already).

Having said that, the orignal super saiyan has to be it if it's someone we know. Anyone from the Frieza clan? I think Krillin can body them now. Cell? Not an issue with Gohan being significantly stronger as well as Piccolo and the other saiyans. Buu? Maybe, but I don't see Buu coming back as a big threat shortly after being 'killed' (is Uub canon?). Everyone else movie\GT wise doesn't exist.

Side note, what if this is all a huge troll, and the worst wish ever is like brining back that hot blond from Dragonball?
Uub was in the end of the show so I would say yes

E

Eldriken

I still say it should be the original Legendary Super Saiyan.

There's so much untapped potential since he was merely mentioned and nothing more was really said about him.

haketh

Noob
Don't want to be pessimistic, but the trailer of Battle of Gods seemed epic, and then we got a movie that was like 70% comedy/light-hearted. Akira Toriyama has gone on record to say that this 2015 movie will be "uniquely funny," so don't expect anything profound or action-packed like the Cell or Frieza sagas, or any of the past DBZ movies that Toriyama had little involvement in. Remember, gag mangas are this guy's strong suit. IMO, DBZ was a collaborative series influenced by fan and editor needs/desires.

So no, no Broly. No original Super Saiyan. No Frieza. No personification of evil (Kid Buu) destroying the planet. And no epic beam struggle against a psychopathic, egomaniac android (Cell). Prob some comical coyote god with powers exceeding that of a Super Saiyan, or some shit.
So what you're saying is it's gonna be good unlike most of the movies.

haketh

Noob

Oh thank god

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
If you liked Battle of Gods' tone and plot more than all the others, then yes.
I loved BoG and can't wait to get a taste of the english VA's (Being from the UK can suck sometimes) but even in subs it's amazing, but how can you really dislike any movie?

There's not a single one I don't like just some I like waaaay more than others. Yes i even enjoyed Bio Broly.

Faded Dreams V

Damn. The creator has been retconning a lot of things lately.
-Buu wasn't created by Bibidi. He's existed since before time, and was awakened by him (like the gods of destruction, he would slumber and wake up to go on a rampage).
-Dr. Gero was one of the founders of the Red Ribbon Army, and Android 16 was his son.
-Bardock's entire backstory was retconned (that tv special is now non-canon, basically), and Goku's backstory is now more similar to Superman's (lame...).
-Frieza actually feared the SSJGod, not SSJ.
-Old Kai was sealed by Beerus/Bills in the Z-sword.
-Hercule/Mr. Satan chooses not to fight stronger opponents because of an incident with General Tao that led to the death of his master.
-SSJ now has the potential to be a greater level than SSJ2 and SSJ3, rendering both of them useless (makes GT even more non-canon).
- The Kaioshin now have different origins.

Idk what to think of this. I hope they ask him about Gohan's hidden powers eventually. -.-

E

Eldriken

-Buu wasn't created by Bibidi. He's existed since before time, and was awakened by him (like the gods of destruction, he would slumber and wake up to go on a rampage).
-Dr. Gero was one of the founders of the Red Ribbon Army, and Android 16 was his son.
-Bardock's entire backstory was retconned (that tv special is now non-canon, basically), and Goku's backstory is now more similar to Superman's (lame...).
-Hercule/Mr. Satan chooses not to fight stronger opponents because of an incident with General Tao that led to the death of his master.
-SSJ now has the potential to be a greater level than SSJ2 and SSJ3, rendering both of them useless (makes GT even more non-canon).

Idk what to think of this. I hope they ask him about Gohan's hidden powers eventually. -.-
Keep posting this stuff. I enjoy reading it. =D

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy

Didn't know that about Buu always thought it was the creation of Bibidi.
Yeah we've known for a while Android 16 was just modeled from his son.
Ehh they're milking the SSJGod shit, I like it alot! but they didn't have to say that about Frieza... although to him SSJ was basically SSJGod in his eyes it's fear enough.
Yep heard that very recently :)
That and lbsh Mr. Satan is a bit of a pussy.
Well even though most of them became able to use SSJ2 they just used SSJ and how Vegetas SSJ2 was more effective against Bills than Gokus SSJ3 makes me happy to support this.

Gohan's hideen powers... pfftt they milked Gohan too and then he realised Gohan wasn't strong enough of a character to have the lead role and they just dumbed him back down.

I personally want an entire Bardock movie.
I want to see who the hell the original SSJGod was. (It's rumored to be within Vegeta's blood line, the only real reason is because of the resemblance between the shadow they displayed in BoG) We'll see... I kinda like the Idea though Vegeta always gets a small glimmer of hope before he's shut the fuck down by the enemy and Goku saves it all. Just for once i want him to have his win.