What's new

NetherRealm 2nd demonstration stream postponed until January; LOTS to show

coolwhip

Noob
I specifically said that it was my issue, and I was the one who originally posted the thread (storms rightly spruced it up and promoted it). You came in swinging cock, and calling out my opinions like they were yours to molest. Entitlement, indeed. The difference between you and I is that I know my opinions are just that. Opinions. You seem to believe that yours somehow carry more weight and value. That is why I ( and others, apparently) are finding you insufferable. A wise man would learn and grow.
Uh no, I replied to someone else, and you intervened by replying at me,and now you're getting butt-hurt that I'm disagreeing with you. So again, don't play this stupid card. I don't really care if you find me insufferable or not, but the stupidest card to play is "oh, you think your opinion is a fact." Uh, where did I claim that? Although incidentally, as I suggested that it's almost a given NRS will likely be doing plenty of streaming and reveals by the time the game is released, someone who works for NRS confirms just that. So what the fuck does that tell you? So maybe, just maybe, I'm right about many being a bunch of self-entitled idiots. But yeah, I'm insufferable.

And Jesus Christ, get over yourself. You gave your opinion, someone disagreed with it. My god, the humanity.

Last edited:

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
Uh no, I replied to someone else, and you intervened by replying at me,and now you're getting butt-hurt that I'm disagreeing with you. So again, don't play this stupid card. I don't really care if you find me insufferable or not, but the stupidest card to play is "oh, you think your opinion is a fact." Uh, where did I claim that? Although incidentally, as I suggested that it's almost a given NRS will likely be doing plenty of streaming and reveals by the time the game is released, someone who works for NRS confirms just that. So what the fuck does that tell you? So maybe, just maybe, I'm right about many being a bunch of self-entitled idiots. But yeah, I'm insufferable.

And Jesus Christ, get over yourself. You gave your opinion, someone disagreed with it. My god, the humanity.
It's like having a conversation with a stuffed walrus, or a particularly fragrant cheese.

coolwhip

Noob
It's like having a conversation with a stuffed walrus, or a particularly fragrant cheese.
Aww, no don't be too hard on yourself, I never said that.

TYM seems to have this belief that someone disagreeing with you, arguing back and forth, and so on, makes them a dick who can't handle other opinions. No. It doesn't work that way. If I disagree with something, I'll say it. If someone is too soft and is annoyed and wants to scold me over that, that's on them. That's the person who can't handle disagreement. If an article gets front paged (as it should be, to be clear), but the thread is filled with so much whining and complaints that an NRS employee has to apologize for not streaming because the staff wants to spend time with their families during the holidays, then maybe those with a baffling sense of self-entitlement should look at the shit they're posting first, before calling me a dick.

Last edited:

Brutal Chimney

vaporus punching bag
I think everyone is freaking out that it's technically next year. man I can't wait till we're done with this month, for multiple reasons.

They moved the stream to January because they sold exclusive info to that UK magazine, so if they show new info then will break the deal they made.
I'm sure the stream will be few days after the UK magazine is out and will explain more of the same magazine info.

Last edited:

Hini

Batomancer
I specifically said that it was my issue, and I was the one who originally posted the thread (storms rightly spruced it up and promoted it). You came in swinging cock, and calling out my opinions like they were yours to molest. Entitlement, indeed. The difference between you and I is that I know my opinions are just that. Opinions. You seem to believe that yours somehow carry more weight and value. That is why I ( and others, apparently) are finding you insufferable. A wise man would learn and grow.
Stop being silly. He and (every single member here) have the right to refute you when you chose to display your opinion on a public forum on the internet.

You saying that you know its just your opinion doesnt make it any less open for critque, especially when sharing it with other people.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
They moved the stream to January because they sell exclusive info to that UK magazine, so if they show new info will break the deal they made.
I'm sure the stream will be few days after the UK magazine is out and will explain more of the same magazine info.
I came here to say exactly this. Can't believe no one else gets this.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
Can someone tell me another major fighting game that withheld any form of new information for going on three months? I think that's overarching issue here.

We, as consumers and FG fans, have come to expect a steady enough stream of information from companies leading up to release. When a company deviates from the norm, jimmies get rustled and we grow impatient. It's not entitlement. It's conditioning.

A great example would be KI. They have streams, interviews, trailers, and even teasers within the trailers. There's always something to look forward to and it keeps up the sense of anticipation.

Now that we have some solid information on when the next bit of news will be released we may see a resurgence of interest in MKX, but there's no denying that within those months lacking any news for MKX the hype for the game became stagnant.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
Stop being silly. He and (every single member here) have the right to refute you when you chose to display your opinion on a public forum on the internet.

You saying that you know its just your opinion doesnt make it any less open for critque, especially when sharing it with other people.
What? And take a dive on my Messages-to-Likes ratio? THAT is silly, Hini pie. Kudos for the high level cherry picking though. You're on your A-game!!!!

trufenix

bye felicia
Can someone tell me another major fighting game that withheld any form of new information for going on three months?
Literally all of them ever. Seriously, they all go dark for long periods of time and this is always the reaction.

Nrs is just the only company making sport of their fans.

Ki and skullgirls let their fans look under their skirts because other wise nobody would buy them. The real big boys know they don't have to. Nrs could show us absolutely nothing until one month before release and mkx would still be a sales killer.

Perhaps NRS/WB is deliberately delaying news on MKX, so that by the time the game is out, we're so fed up with one another that we'd love nothing more to do than this....

Last edited:

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
Literally all of them ever. Seriously, they all go dark for long periods of time and this is always the reaction.

Ki and skullgirls let their fans look under their skirts because other wise nobody would buy them. The real big boys know they don't have to. Nrs could show us absolutely nothing until one month before release and mkx would still be a sales killer.
Ok, no. I distinctly don't remember games such a

Yeah, no. MvC3 had regular reveal trailers. MK9 released several characters at a time through magazines and still had several reveal trailers for characters and modes. DOA5 has character reveals every few weeks, and Tekken 7 has already announced more than MKX.

khrome

Master of The Universe
https://twitter.com/tylerlansdown/status/545018386280099842
Well they said January, and anyone outside of the UK will be reaching for the news so I'd assume they'd stream on the 2nd too...

Can you confirm @colt and @tylerlansdown ?
@NinjaBoy66 is jan stream on 2nd of jan
@hankypanky247 nope
@NinjaBoy66 oh well are u able to give a date? and will u be taking questions? thanks
@hankypanky247 exact date not set yet. Will let everyone know after first full week of January. These streams require a lot of prep

https://twitter.com/NinjaBoy66/status/548941838355554306

Last edited:

Decay

King of the Bill
I just ask that we get a stream with 2 players who actually know what the fuck they're doing in the game. Tired of seeing this game in the hands of scrubs