What's new

NetherRealm 2nd demonstration stream postponed until January; LOTS to show

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Many of you may recall that NetherRealm Studios began streaming one hour sessions starting back in November. @tylerlansdown told the audience they planned to stream again in December. However, that stream has been postponed until January. Likely due to the work load NetherRealm Studios is undergoing at this time being so close (April is not far away!) to release.

tyler3.jpg

January does seem quite promising for us though as not only will we be getting another NetherRealm Studios stream but we'll also be getting a new character reveal, online modes info, PLUS the Mortal Kombat X comics will be starting!

- Notes from NRS' last stream from November

Credit: TheKombatTether

Attachments

Last edited:

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Thanks to @MKServer for pointing out that I messed up. This will be their 2nd, NOT third stream.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
Yeah, it's so irritating they're doing MONTHLY streams (well, except for December, apparently) showcasing the game, taking our questions, explaining how the game will work... Awful. How dare they? Shame on them.
Actually, it's the misinformation that is irksome. When "...in the coming weeks" actually means 3 MONTHS AWAY, and "we WILL have another stream in December" becomes "hopefully some info soon" and "lots to show in January!" This isn't a fan podcast where other responsibilities of life can disrupt the event. This is professional marketing for a very lucrative franchise. And he lets all the fans know that the stream has been bumped a month out in an off-hand response to some wrinklesack called JFLOOZE69!?!?
I don't want to see everything before release. But saying you are going to give something then backing out is unprofessional. If you don't want to/can't release info, then just don't. Why the "maybe's, possibly's and perhaps"?

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
Really? Show me a fighting game company who does monthly streams and answers its communities questions. Obviously every game gets displayed pre-release at different points, but something so accessible? Give me a break.
They haven't done monthly streams. They did ONE stream, and cancelled the next one. And the MKASTs for MK9 were handled much better, although not 'live'. Most of the marketing seems like a step back from MK9, not forward. A lot of the ambiguity seems to be internal, not simply 'oh, let's just keep them guessing."

coolwhip

Noob
They haven't done monthly streams. They did ONE stream, and cancelled the next one. And the MKASTs for MK9 were handled much better, although not 'live'. Most of the marketing seems like a step back from MK9, not forward. A lot of the ambiguity seems to be internal, not simply 'oh, let's just keep them guessing."
OK...my question is...So fucking what?

So a stream got postponed... What changed? You'll see it in January instead of December. OMG ALERT THE AUTHORITIES! Then they'll do a couple more, and start releasing a shit-ton of info and character reveals. What's the problem exactly?

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
Again, it's my problem not yours. Not sure why you are so combative about this. If you're fine with everything, then just be fine with it. Some of us are irritated by them saying one thing and then doing another. The forums are good for airing it out. Do I have to explain this?

coolwhip

Noob
Again, it's my problem not yours. Not sure why you are so combative about this. If you're fine with everything, then just be fine with it. Some of us are irritated by them saying one thing and then doing another. The forums are good for airing it out. Do I have to explain this?
You put your opinion out there on a forum, you have to accept it might get questioned or you'll be asked to explain. You're free not to explain, and I'm free to state it's faulty logic. Entire games have been postponed (Watch Dogs, Batman: Arkham Knight), but postponing a stream is suddenly unacceptable? lol, sure.

PS: You're the one who initially replied to me, so playing the "what's your problem?" card is stupid.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
You put your opinion out there on a forum, you have to accept it might get questioned or you'll be asked to explain. You're free not to explain, and I'm free to state it's faulty logic. Entire games have been postponed (Watch Dogs, Batman: Arkham Knight), but postponing a stream is suddenly unacceptable? lol, sure.

PS: You're the one who initially replied to me, so playing the "what's your problem?" card is stupid.
I did explain. And I never asked you what your problem was. You have an aggressive, combative nature that is displeasing to many.

EdFig81

Original OBS mbr/VSM/G4S
Many of you may recall that NetherRealm Studios began streaming one hour sessions starting back in November. @tylerlansdown told the audience they planned to stream again in December. However, that stream has been postponed until January. Likely due to the work load NetherRealm Studios is undergoing at this time being so close (April is not far away!) to release.

View attachment 9369

January does seem quite promising for us though as not only will we be getting another NetherRealm Studios stream but we'll also be getting a new character reveal, online modes info, PLUS the Mortal Kombat X comics will be starting!

- Notes from NRS' last stream from November

Credit: TheKombatTether
Man why do I want info on the online modes so much. I love mk and nrs games but dam they keep it like the old school arcade days when they don't give all the info regardless. I need some info and boons tweets aren't helping.

Lbsh Capcom announced 500k worth of prizes that alone got people wanting to play street fighter over mkx/mk9 & injustic . Nrs is going to sell lots of games being all the consoles mkx is dropping on including pc but they need to keep the hype alive imo before they have to compete with ultra because that's exactly what's going to happen imo after that 500k prize.

Hope I am wrong and I want to see this community strive and would love an NRS cup let's see what happens next month but nrs needs to step their game up imo and not act like this is another regular mk launch NRS has the potential to be the next big fighting game imo and it annoys me that these opportunities are not being explored. Sf5 won't be out till 2016 maybe (i assume)

coolwhip

Noob
I did explain. And I never asked you what your problem was. You have an aggressive, combative nature that is displeasing to many.
Well, I guess that was an "explanation." Except, in your explanation you said they "cancelled the stream" when in fact they postponed it. Your explanation also revolved around the assumption that there's internal ambiguity. I'm sorry, but based on what? What internal ambiguity could there possibly be?

As far as why am I so combative about this, it's simple really. If you guys are just impatient and want MKX news, that's fine with me. You don't think I want MKX news? But when your average TYM user suddenly becomes a marketing genius and acts like he has an idea what the fuck he's talking about, that's the problem. Websites like IGN and Gamespot are giving MKX plenty of coverage. And whenever there's MKX news, the game gets even more coverage.

The game is still 4 months away. That's not when the heavy marketing push is supposed to happen. You think your average consumers (who constitute the majority of buyers) are impatiently following MKX news every day, itching for new info? And if so, do you think the lack of info is going to make him go "fuck this, I'm not buying this anymore", despite the plethora of reveals we'll be getting as the game's release approaches?

Newsflash, the kind of people asking Ed Boon whether Nitara will be in the game on twitter, are the kind of people who will buy it no matter what.

It is the sense of entitlement that is mostly irksome.

Last edited:

Brutal Chimney

vaporus punching bag
*remembers the Team Ninja DOA stream for new character, Hayashi stared at Nyo Tengu's tits for hour*

yeah im fine with NRS. if shit came up keeping them from doing more im not going to blame them.