What's new

Name 3 TYM members who you'd want to main the same character as you, and 1 that you wouldn't.

GGA Max

Members I'd want
1. @Under_The_Mayo - The guy is not only scientifically strong, but he has a very good way of presenting information. Very good at dissecting characters.

2. @DarthArma - The guy has class. He never shouted how he was better than Forever King when it came to Batman, but instead he went into battle trying to prove it. He brings up the community morale with his commentary.

3. @EMPEROR_THEO - I think theo would help me optimize my fighting style. He can play extremely lame... I would want to see that side of my character, since I'm usually pretty aggressive.

Do not want
I'll look through the list of people who complain about their character and update this later.

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
I would want to main the same character as

1. @Sabin - all around stand up guy and hes one of the smarter fighting game players. I can see myself having a lot of fun sharing tech and knowledge with this guy. Only downside is he tends to not play NRS games for very long. dont know if he counts but he has an account on here so im counting it lol

2. @Emperor SaltFace - another all around stand up guy and has a very good understanding of how to work around a character's weaknesses and can think outside the box. he's also someone that won't concede that a matchup is a losing matchup right away and will usually find answers to losing matchups.

3. @Slips - another fighting game veteran that is very knowledgeable and knows what hes talking about. haven't met him personally before but he seems like a pretty cool guy. he also tends to make things a lot more simple than they need to be and he's also someone who doesn't rely so much on setups as he does character knowledge and playing solid which is how i like to play also.

I wouldn't want to main the same character as

Anyone from the break crew, i hate mirror matches so id rather not play the same character

Amplified$hotz

I like Tekken 8
@DarthArma - exactly what you said. He's awesome. He avoids online disputes really well.

@Pig Of The Hut he'll help you with anything if he likes you. And his channel pre-crisis justifies this.

@StevoSuprem0 by far he's really great to have in your character community. And supports the development of characters really well.

Very Honorable mentions: Gross, Slips, Ofidyan, Sajam.
Do not want:
P2W

Last edited:

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
Members I'd want
1. @Doombawkz One of the best tech monsters there is, could break the character down and find things that I probably never would.
2. @HoneyBee Has a unique playstyle with interesting set ups, looks very creative and could learn a lot by seeing how he plays my character.
3. @SonicFox5000 The guy just gets everything about fighting games, if anyone's going to understand my character the best it's him.

Member I wouldn't
Does Axel Redd count?

GGA Saucy Jack

The artist formerly known as ImNewbieSauce
Would Want:

1) Slips - He always understands what the gameplan of a character is, and shows how to execute it. Would be great to learn from.

2) DJT - for the exact same reason as Slips.

3) Sonicfox - So I could always see what extra setups or tricks I could add and how they work in tourney, not a lab video

Would not want:

1) Ra Helios - No matter how well I did in tournament it would be irrelevant, and I'd never be considered the best.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
@EGP Wonder_Chef and @RM Indecisive as a duo- Because when they talk about matchups that I have questions in, they post real substance and help me consider my options fully without trying to give a vague flowchart-esque explanation. Neither is afraid of writing a wall of text either, I appreciate the thorough nature of the posts. Also because they play different stylistically it allows me to get a full spectrum of how to properly shazam

@AK RM Dream Sword because of how godlike that wakeup thread was, considering it was something I probably never would've taken the time to figure out on my own.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
I'd want the following playing my dude

1. Sonic Fox: Guy is slick and shows up to level up his folks.
  2. Doombawkz: I've never met a more obsessive lab rat and tech chaser. Great for discovering and breaking down things that others may find new uses for.
  3. Dartharma: I love watching him play and he's a pretty cool dude overall. Great for any character community.
I wouldn't want anyone who talks down to folks for things they do or don't do with the character who show up to act like their opinions are infallible and that everyone is a dipshit that just needs snobbed for playing differently or wanting to debate a character's functionality in different scenarios. Anyone who posts about tech, or shows up in a community acting in that manner on any topic like that...they just shut down all discussion and make folks want to not only drop out of discussions but also dump the character to be a part of some other community. Whoever fits that bill...I'll avoid.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
@UsedForGlue because he is great at figuring out playstyles and he and foxy's mutual verbal abuse is hilarious

@deg222 because he basically created Zatanna #nuffsaid

@PND i2 Gaug3 the man who can teach but not play (yet spoofs 3rd place in a UK major)

As for not wanting someone, @General M2Dave because he over reacts and spouts ridiculous nonsense sometimes. He gets some stuff right in fairness to him, just the stuff that doesn't matter :DOGE

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Who I'd want:

1. @Under_The_Mayo Two mathematical minds and tech monsters coming together? You all better keep your cheeks shut tightly.
2. @DownfouralitY FUJIN HYPE!
3. There might be someone I'm forgetting that I might want for a different reason but from who I can think of I'd want @Ninequads93 because he's good at figuring out combo-related tech, which isn't always my specialty, and he's cool with me :cool:

Honorable mentions:
Any other Fujin enthusiasts, anyone that I consider a friend or who I enjoy talking to and can engage in a decent conversation with, and other tech monsters: working with other tech monsters is fun we would do well to find some broken shit eventually by taking what one has found and messing with it until something else comes up that might be MORE broken.

Who I wouldn't want:
Nightwing mains that aren't @AK L0rdoftheFLY :DOGE, anyone who talks shit about me behind my back (or doesn't realise I'm also in that chat lol), people who don't back up their arguments, people who denounce me for reasons they've made up, people who go on about being the best when they're not and people that argue over things they haven't even looked into themselves.
@Youphemism because of his ... tech
Thanks :) we can work together, should we end up maining the same character, and BREAK THEM TO NO END.
@Youphemism because of his accurate downplaying ...
The word to be focussing on here is accurate ;)

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Would
@Sajam - yes I said it. That soothing voice makes me hard
@Eddy Wang - If I could reproduce the Skarlet community days I would in a second
@UsedForGlue or either of the ketchup mustard twins - Always say eye to eye on Skarlet and they would not be rivals cause of contintnents yo.
@Dirtylova - Cause drunk COD and drunk mirror matches all through MKX
@ChaosTheory - Cause always right and smarter than us all.

Would not
@the Dick Grayson players...the Damian players are cool.