What's new

Myths and bills: You've been deputized

Kyu

CHOO CHOO BANE TRAIN
Talk to me about that when a Doomsday doesn't make top 5 at a major and a Bane does. He's for sure better than Aquaman, MMH, Batgirl, Zod, Flash, Wonder Woman, Superman and Batman? If you say so.
Bane is better than Wonder Woman, Supes, and Batman. Yes. Batgirl Zod MMH and Aqua are all better than him. Notice how there are like 5 Bane players, only 1 of them travelling to tourneys right now, who is Bio. He just dominated at SJ (Not sure if that's the right tourney). Then everybody and their fucking brother has a pocket DD or mains him. Whiteboy, Noobe, Perfect Legend, DJT, Eldriken, the others I'm not thinking of. Bane is a better character, he wins more matchups loses less and beats DD. You are wrong.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Talk to me about that when a Doomsday doesn't make top 5 at a major and a Bane does. He's for sure better than Aquaman, MMH, Batgirl, Zod, Flash, Wonder Woman, Superman and Batman? If you say so.

Talk to me about that when Catwoman isn't out placing the majority of the tournament scene. We don't base the tier list on tournament results.

I could see Bane being better than Wonder Woman, Flash, Superman and Batman. It's on the table at least.

Kyu

CHOO CHOO BANE TRAIN
I played Bio A lot at Summer Jam. I made him think the MU was not as bad as it was. But it still think its in Shazam's Favor. Also He can waste venom and needs to sometimes. In this MU if you get a hit it may be the only hit you get so doing as much damage as possible is a good idea. So if you have two bars slamming to level 3 and doing a bounce cancel combo is really good. Cause it gets you that damage to catch up. And then if you get the life lead i kind have to go in. The big issue is i can punish your dashing very well. And my runaway game is very strong. And WU teleport is really good. Etc. Etc. Stuff you probably heard before.
That's what I meant, Bane can't have venom running. He needs it to deal the big damage.

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
No, it can happen. You could be the best character in the game and have a terrible match.
I know but it's also clearly up for debate whether or not other characters beat him on top of his shitter matchups with Flash and Zatanna. Max sure didn't make it seem like he can do much against a hitbox Zod, and above you are claims that he might lose to Superman, Shazam, Nightwing (assumption based on Murk's post), etc.

I don't think this many matchups would even be questionable losses on a "guaranteed top five" and I think tournament results favor Doomsday being able to hang in just about every matchup over Bane dominating a lot but still getting wrecked by some. All those characters I listed in my previous post don't lose nearly as bad.

Idgaf though Bane is my favorite character ever so if everyone wants to up-play him go right ahead. Bane for president!

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
Bane is better than Wonder Woman, Supes, and Batman. Yes. Batgirl Zod MMH and Aqua are all better than him. Notice how there are like 5 Bane players, only 1 of them travelling to tourneys right now, who is Bio. He just dominated at SJ (Not sure if that's the right tourney). Then everybody and their fucking brother has a pocket DD or mains him. Whiteboy, Noobe, Perfect Legend, DJT, Eldriken, the others I'm not thinking of. Bane is a better character, he wins more matchups loses less and beats DD. You are wrong.
Its the right one. He got top 8 at Summer Jam. Then lost to KDZ in winners. And I forgot who in Losers. He still did really good in his Path to Top 8.

Reactions: Kyu

Kyu

CHOO CHOO BANE TRAIN
I know but it's also clearly up for debate whether or not other characters beat him on top of his shitter matchups with Flash and Zatanna. Max sure didn't make it seem like he can do much against a hitbox Zod, and above you are claims that he might lose to Superman, Shazam, Nightwing (assumption based on Murk's post), etc.

I don't think this many matchups would even be questionable losses on a "guaranteed top five" and I think tournament results favor Doomsday being able to hang in just about every matchup over Bane dominating a lot but still getting wrecked by some. All those characters I listed in my previous post don't lose nearly as bad.

Idgaf though Bane is my favorite character ever so if everyone wants to up-play him go right ahead. Bane for president!
He doesn't lose to Superman Shazam or Nightwing. Hitbox Zod maybe but we've yet to really flesh out a strat vs IAZB. Tournament results aren't much when there's a fuckload more DD players than there are travelling Banes.

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
Talk to me about that when Catwoman isn't out placing the majority of the tournament scene. We don't base the tier list on tournament results.

I could see Bane being better than Wonder Woman, Flash, Superman and Batman. It's on the table at least.
Well you clearly just downplay the shit out of Catwoman. She runs oki like Bane and doesn't even need armor to do it. :)

Kyu

CHOO CHOO BANE TRAIN
Well you clearly just downplay the shit out of Catwoman. She runs oki like Bane and doesn't even need armor to do it. :)
You're a special kind of stupid if this post is serious. I'm just out of it with that. Catwoman runs oki like Bane..... Dude no lololol she's a shitter.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios

There's a lot of ins, a lot of outs, a lot of what have yous here. You can't use Max as a guideline when he is also saying Flash might not be a shitter matchup and he has great success against top Shazam players. We don't have a clear matchup chart or tournament results for characters like Superman, Wonder Woman or Batman either. You have the best Batman in the world telling us he may not be a top 10 character in this thread. This 5th spot is a very grey area.

cR Biohazard

Team Torr
I guess if Kyu is the eternal up player I'm the eternal downplayer. I don't believe that Bane is top 5 since I believe that his losing matchups are superman, sinestro, batman, flash, shazam, zatanna, zod and possibly batgirl. With Zatanna being 7-3 as many believe. I don't see how he can be top 5. If we put Batgirl, Zod, MMH and Aquaman as top 4 I would put flash as the fifth. What are his losing MU's HoneyBee believes that Aquaman is his worst and even then it would only be a 6-4. Why is Bane top 5? Also I am still learning things with various MU's so it's hard for me to put flash on a solid number but I believe it's a 6-4. The Bane player just has to deal with the insane setups of flash and flash has options when he gets knocked down so it becomes a very read heavy match, unfortunately still in flash's favor.

Indecisive

I guess if Kyu is the eternal up player I'm the eternal downplayer. I don't believe that Bane is top 5 since I believe that his losing matchups are superman, sinestro, batman, flash, shazam, zatanna, zod and possibly batgirl. With Zatanna being 7-3 as many believe. I don't see how he can be top 5. If we put Batgirl, Zod, MMH and Aquaman as top 4 I would put flash as the fifth. What are his losing MU's HoneyBee believes that Aquaman is his worst and even then it would only be a 6-4. Why is Bane top 5? Also I am still learning things with various MU's so it's hard for me to put flash on a solid number but I believe it's a 6-4. The Bane player just has to deal with the insane setups of flash and flash has options when he gets knocked down so it becomes a very read heavy match, unfortunately still in flash's favor.
Day 0 Bane Beats Day 0 Shazam. At least my Day 0 Shazam :(

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
One hundred million percent this. He's top three in Chicago where the meta is incomplete and maybe top ten in the real world lol.

Kyu

CHOO CHOO BANE TRAIN
Cant see supes batman sinestro zod batgirl or shazam as losing. Zod and BG I need a fuckload more exp with. Sines batman and supes I see as 5-5s. Agree to disagree.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
One hundred million percent this. He's top three in Chicago where the meta is incomplete and maybe top ten in the real world lol.

Or Chicago is capable of understanding the complete meta and not just their local scene. I mean, Shazam is supposedly a losing match yet the Chicago Bane is beating PPJ and Digit.

Kyu

CHOO CHOO BANE TRAIN
Don't try to talk shit about Chicago or GGA. Ever consider the fact that the best Bane player lives there and goes to GGA regularly? If anything they should be the foremost members on Bane mus because they all know it to a t.

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
Or Chicago is capable of understanding the complete meta and not just their local scene. I mean, Shazam is supposedly a losing match yet the Chicago Bane is beating PPJ and Digit.
Don't try to talk shit about Chicago or GGA. Ever consider the fact that the best Bane player lives there and goes to GGA regularly? If anything they should be the foremost members on Bane mus because they all know it to a t.
You guys really need a sense of humor.

cR Biohazard

Team Torr
I'd actually want to see Max play Indecisive, no disrespect to Digit, but certain people play the MU differently. I found that Digit went in too often when all he needed to do was teleport away and Bane could literally do nothing about it. I've played Arma who would do setups on me off of combos when other players like Blake would zone endlessly. Just because a certain person is known as the best representative for their character does not always mean that they play each MU as correctly as it should be.

Kyu

CHOO CHOO BANE TRAIN
Explain how u think NW/bane is even?
Nw gets fucked in staff and Bane can deal with escrima to an extent. Wing dings don't work forever. Also I've yet to lab it but I get the feeling Bane can armor out of flipkick cancels on block for free which may mean something. Bane also keeps nw on the ground free.

Indecisive

I'd actually want to see Max play Indecisive, no disrespect to Digit, but certain people play the MU differently. I found that Digit went in too often when all he needed to do was teleport away and Bane could literally do nothing about it. I've played Arma who would do setups on me off of combos when other players like Blake would zone endlessly. Just because a certain person is known as the best representative for their character does not always mean that they play each MU as correctly as it should be.
I really want to play max and see how he handles the MU. Ive played pretty much every bane but his. Maybe one day.