What's new

Video/Tutorial Mysterious MK2 Trailer - A Storm is Rising

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Longtime fans of Mortal Kombat 2 may be deeply puzzled by this video which appears to be a "teaser trailer" for something...the question is, what is it? Given what the video contains, could this be a hint towards a possible remaster for an old MK title, or a hint towards MK10 being released for the next-generation consoles which are scheduled to arrive at the end of this year...or something else that escapes our minds entirely?

As a couple of you guessed, this video is referencing an event....AKA a tournament that will be taking place in November/December. It is an MK2 tournament (online). More details on the format will be revealed later in the summer. I will say this though... We (@Ththuvhul and I) are aiming to make it an event that ANYONE can win, not just the elite few. So where does the PS4/Xbone come into play, you say? Funny you should ask...
IT'S THE GRAND PRIZE
NOW, the hype has begun :)
Credits to MKillBill.​
Article edited by GamerBlake90

Attachments

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
im guessing a patched re release of mk2 for next gen so the sceen can grow for this game

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Is it finally that mkII remake on MUGEN that we haven't seen for the longest time?

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Yes, I uploaded the video with Movie Maker (I dont have any fancy video software)

I think the video does its job regardless.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
I would imagine it's a free to play version of MKII with online capability. Along the lines of what they're currently doing with Tekken Revolution.

webreg

Noob
So, front page for a seemingly irrelevant fan video / fake teaser?
Misleading the community and probably stirring controversy?
Starting useless guessing, misinformation and pointless discussions?

Would obviously be okay if it really was good quality but it isn't (no offense).
All I have to do is include a picture of ps4 + xb1 controller and I'm good to go?

Or did I miss something here? The way it looks it can only be a trolling video of sorts.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
I
So, front page for a seemingly irrelevant fan video / fake teaser?
Misleading the community and probably stirring controversy?
Starting useless guessing, misinformation and pointless discussions?

Would obviously be okay if it really was good quality but it isn't (no offense).
All I have to do is include a picture of ps4 + xb1 controller and I'm good to go?

Or did I miss something here? The way it looks it can only be a trolling video of sorts.
I'm aware the quality of the video isn't spectacular. All I have access to is Movie Maker.

Trust me, this is no troll. It's a real event that will take place at the end of the year.

webreg

Noob
I
I'm aware the quality of the video isn't spectacular. All I have access to is Movie Maker.
Trust me, this is no troll. It's a real event that will take place at the end of the year.
Ah ok, then I sincerely apologize. I guess the quality of the video coupled with the introductory text and the controller images just makes me scratch my head and makes it sound like an obvious trolling attempt because I can't imagine anything, ANYTHING being released on the new platforms with this kind of teaser attached to it officially. It costs a lot of money to create, test, publish, release something there and if that were the case then I would imagine it wouldn't be a big deal to find someone that does a higher quality video (even for free, there are a lot of great people here in the forum).

Reactions: MKB

AeroGrunt

Stay Puft
Maybe the next MK game would just be called MK2, the previous one was just called MK as in MK1 so maybe the series was rebooted? I dunno just speculating.