What's new

Discussion My tier list

ArmedCalf

I guess I play Necromancer now.. PSN: ArmedCalf
This thread
I'm genuinely interested to hear certain things. I've heard why he has Jason where he is and I can understand where he's coming from, but I'd like to know why others are where they are as well (...C Tier???).

Meep8345

Noob
lol @ Jason's Unstoppable "lowkey broken". Please give me an example where this character is broken and PLEASE don't be because he can "break armor" where half the cast can do that without activating a buff (just using plain neutral). The fact he can tick throw...? Yeah because Ferra/Torr can do that yet people don't demand him to be nerfed, hell, even erron black can tick throw and Goro can but that doesn't make them OP or broken by any stretch of the imagination.
You sure do come off as a prick just saying. But you're going to tell me tick throws that can't be whiff punished almost isn't kinda broken? If he had the buff on you can't armor it either also how are you going to break armor with just plain neutral? I understand what you mean by it tho but you can't just back up from the other character when a majority of the cast has armor that advances or had good range.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Yeah, but that doesnt mean there isnt a 'wrong' way of playing her.

Her 'offense' technically (without taking into consideration the traps in spacing she can create) is yolo 5050s.
Imo, Mileena's offense, if she chooses to use it is conditioning based. If you tag someone with a low sai at the end of a string every once in a while, you will hit ex rolls.

ArmedCalf

I guess I play Necromancer now.. PSN: ArmedCalf
Imo, Mileena's offense, if she chooses to use it is conditioning based. If you tag someone with a low sai at the end of a string every once in a while, you will hit ex rolls.
both risks though, the sai or the EX roll could be blocked for some damage

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
correct but it's a subject for a different kind of graph, maybe one that factors character popularity

when I look at these random tier lists I try and put some logic to them by looking at a character placement and his theoretical chances against the ones above
this one from woundcowboy isn't that bad but really there's some explanation to do
You Are right buddy. Cowboy have a lot ot explain.

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
The same kan be said the other way around though... Characters with good offense and shitty defense don't do that well either.

My point is that it's kind of like saying the obvious, that characters with everything are better than characters that only specialize on one aspect of the game.
I don't think so. Almost every character in this game has a long ranged footsie tool, so what matters is the reward they get when it hits or is blocked. I can't think of a character with bad defense and good offense.

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
Kung Jin over Mileena.

Jax over Mileena.

Dvorah over Mileena.

Shinnok below Raiden, Tanya and Kenshi.

I want you to properly explain each of these. I'm sure the only Raiden you have ever played of a high level is PL. Not Lil Majin.

I'm not going to entertain this troll too much, I would just like to see how well you can talk yourself out of this.
I think jin can do what she can, plus he has safer offense and a safer armored move. I think his footsies are very comparable to her.

I think Jax is one of the best characters in this game because of his dominant footsies (which says something in this game), high damage output, and the ease with which he can start his offense. The only knock on him is that he is unsafe, but i think that his damage, multiple mixup options, and the amount of times he enforces his guesses on you makes up for it.

Dvorah has one of the absolute most broken okie games in MKXL as well as top notch movement and good footsies. This game is all about the reward you get for being right, and dvorah's is much better than mileena's. While it's true that her armored move isn't good, I still would put her above mileena. It is possible that they are closer together but I can't see how there would be this huge gap.

Raiden is a mid tier character because while his footsies are pretty strong, he is very unsafe. However his reward is very good when he is right so he is never really out of a match.

Kenshi can do what about shinnok does, but better. Before you flame me, think about it. They both control space (which isn't enough to make either top in this game) except that kenshi does a lot more damage when he is right, can be safer off of everything and has a non fuzzyable 50/50. Even if you say that shinnok's zoning is better (which I don't think is true) how is his offense not better?

As for Tanya, I think that she can still effectively do what she was designed to do. The main difference is that she can't safely mitigate everyone's options out of the rekkas and on wakeup. I don't see why this character is bad and i think it's possible that she's even higher on my list.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Another thing- I think Sub-Zero is B tier rather than C.
1. I think his matchups equate to that, he has more wins than losing imo. He does get bodied by several characters, but he dishes it out too.
2. He is never really counted out because you can get put in the corner and lose even if your character beats him or you know the matchup. It can just happen in one or two wrong guesses with a shatter and everything leading to a F12 knockdown into an armor break and a 33/33/33 mixup looping into its self. And some characters can't punish it. He may even get bodied midscreen but if he lands a hit(awesome corner carry), you're fucked. Takeda in Shirai Ryu is a good example of this. Utterly dominated sub midscreen but he can't do really anything in the corner. Poor bastard doesn't even punish B2.
3. His midscreen playstyle is well equipped to funneling them into the corner.
That's why I think he isn't low tier. You did have him as the best character in low tier so yeah.

He can't realistically be any higher than mid tier, but I think his capabilities are easily on par with the characters you put in the mid tier like Raiden.

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
Read the rest of the post that you obviously ignored just to quote one text out of its' context.
I read your entire post. Doesn't change the fact that it made no sense. Now can you please explain how someone can break armor in neutral the same way Jason does.

I read your entire post. Doesn't change the fact that it made no sense. Now can you please explain how someone can break armor in neutral the same way Jason does.
Uh well let's see.. Mileena's F1 for example, Ronin Takeda's Sword Call, Hell Sparks (if timed right) and basically anything Goro does with Punchwalk. Now, does that "satiate" you?

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
Mileena's placement, johnny's placement, Shinnok's placement, Jax's placement, Jason's placement, predator's placment, sun zero's placement, Kenshi's placement; there is a whole lot more than just kitana's placement wrong with this list.

Not to mention the "let the salt flow", it's obviously a troll thread haha.
For Jason, Kenshi and Jax, look elsewhere in this thread.

Sub Zero could be slightly higher than I have him listed. The main reason I am down on him is because he relies on an unsafe move and a D4 for most of his footsies. Most characters have very strong options to mitigate or get rid of the clone. The only place that he really shines is in the corner and while Raiden is somewhat comparable, he gets to start his dirt anywhere and is not confined to being good only in the corner.

Predator is another case of a defensive character just not being able to cut it. He relies mostly on + frames and a metered and spacing dependent 50/50 for his offense, which is definitely weaker than what most of the good characters do. Zoning can't cut it and while I concede that I don't know much about his other variations, I would wager that neither of them are significantly better than HQT.

Cage is a really good character but I don't see why he is this batshit broken pos that most of you rave about. He has to have stamina to be effective, which he may not have because he is always trying to get in. He can only start his mixups when he gets in and even then, most characters have good options out of his pressure.

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
Uh well let's see.. Mileena's F1 for example, Ronin Takeda's Sword Call, Hell Sparks (if timed right) and basically anything Goro does with Punchwalk. Now, does that "satiate" you?
that's not the same. Mileena's not running in and doing f1 and breaking armor. ronin actually can't break armor with blade call anymore after the xl patch, I've never seen hell sparks break armor, and ex punch walk isn't breaking armor it's him just having more armor. none of that is the same as Jason. Jason just activates a buff and armor is no longer an option for the next few seconds. he doesn't have to restrict himself to a specific 2 hitting move where as Jason can just do b1 and blow it up.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
How does Kenshi control space better than Shinnok? Kenjutsu's push is -40 on whiff, -12 on block, doesn't anti air anywhere near as well and can't be MB'd to be + on block and combo on hit.