What's new

Discussion My tier list

Watch Sonic's video please.

Relentless does less damage, not Unstoppable.
If you suffer damage while playign Relentless, your damage increases by 5% more. Unstoppable only gives you an additional 11% (I believe). By the time you're at 5% HP, you are doing Unstoppable-like damage and then some.

And again, why are we basing the opinion that Jason's op off of someone who could use ANY character and make them look S tier? Have you watched Sonic play Kitana? Or when he fought in Pig's KOTH and used Kenjutsu? Or the single fact that he used Mileena during May 2015 (when she was considered not as good as she is now)? If representation is your only argument as to why Jason's good, that argument is easily flawed.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
If you suffer damage while playign Relentless, your damage increases by 5% more. Unstoppable only gives you an additional 11% (I believe). By the time you're at 5% HP, you are doing Unstoppable-like damage and then some.

And again, why are we basing the opinion that Jason's op off of someone who could use ANY character and make them look S tier? Have you watched Sonic play Kitana? Or when he fought in Pig's KOTH and used Kenjutsu? Or the single fact that he used Mileena during May 2015 (when she was considered not as good as she is now)? If representation is your only argument as to why Jason's good, that argument is easily flawed.
Doing more damage when 5% doesn't make up for the other 95% lmao.

It's like if I asked to nerf Johnny's damage because of red Johnny.

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3

^^^^^^^^^WTF^^^^^^

Ok maybe this is a troll because last time I checked

Shinnok
guesses right for a bar he becomes plus
His space control isn't -45
Very fast mid fireball
Better teleport
Non meter vortex
6f/7f low punisher that makes everything easy to punish
OH in all variations
Way better space control
Way better normals
Legit pressure that he can continue a guessing game in his favor for a bar
Insane back dash
Second fastest run I believe in the game
Air normals that all jail if I'm not mistaken
7f or 8f (I forgot) mid d2?
Need I continue ?
His fireball is not mid, his jump in normals don't jail into his mixups unless he is close. His vortex is only safe if he has a bar (which he has a really difficult time building) and his mixups are fuzzyable.

Kenshi gets a much better reward off of his mixups and push is a good mid range tool. I believe the -45 move you are referring to is the pull. If you want to talk about bad recovery, check out the sparks on whiff. It's not pretty.

@cR WoundCowboy I do ask, what's your reason that Bo Rai Cho isn't in the worst in the game category? He has awful mobility, long start up frames on his strings, bad pokes, and short limbs. A recipe for completely awful neutral. All he really has going for him is his fart pressure, invincibility in Drunken Master, and the corner game if he even gets you there. He feels more limited than Goro Kitana and Jason, as you have listed being worse.
I am very unsure about Bo, but I don't feel comfortable about writing him off until I see some more evidence.

In all seriousness though the only list worse than this is schindlers list
Well since Schindler's list literally saved lives, i'll take it.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
His fireball is not mid, his jump in normals don't jail into his mixups unless he is close. His vortex is only safe if he has a bar (which he has a really difficult time building) and his mixups are fuzzyable.

Kenshi gets a much better reward off of his mixups and push is a good mid range tool. I believe the -45 move you are referring to is the pull. If you want to talk about bad recovery, check out the sparks on whiff. It's not pretty.

I am very unsure about Bo, but I don't feel comfortable about writing him off until I see some more evidence.

You know what would be awesome ?? If I could MB pull and be + .....12 is it? Yea that'd be awesome

Sucks I don't have that option

Also I have to stand 3/4 screen away from a character in hopes to punish if you don't choose to use your insane run. The can literally hold down and force my hand

Doing more damage when 5% doesn't make up for the other 95% lmao.

It's like if I asked to nerf Johnny's damage because of red Johnny.
Considering that I am not quite sure on how much damage you get when you take damage in Relentless, I'm surprised I didn't get blown up worse.

I'll let this video do the talking:

01:26 is when the Relentless comboes come into play. You can compare the damage throughout the variations (Unstoppable and Relentless), respectively as they are in order.

Pig Of The Hut

Must be nIce ........
https://twitter.com/armedcalfmkx/status/750803708196290561

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
You know what would be awesome ?? If I could MB pull and be + .....12 is it? Yea that'd be awesome

Sucks I don't have that option

Also I have to stand 3/4 screen away from a character in hopes to punish if you don't choose to use your insane run. The can literally hold down and force my hand
It sucks that I can't make my mixups safe. For everything you can name for Shinnok, I can respond with something from Kenshi lol.

You can also just block sparks. It's a punish if Shinnok doesn't have a bar and he isn't plus enough to get anything from the Mb on block in footsies. You can jump, armor, stick out a normal/special or whatever you want.

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem
Nobody who actually plays A-list would say something like this.
You'll get vaporized in an instant.
If you play him then you're probably playing against opponents with the skill level of the training dummy to make you say such atrocious things.
Shit, can't argue with that.

Pig Of The Hut

I'd also like to reiterate that you didn't know Shinnok's fireball is a high and has been for over a year. If you know this little about the character then you probably shouldn't be talking about him.
No what I meant to say was u have to neutral crouch and can't crouch block to whiff

Meep8345

Noob
Nobody who actually plays A-list would say something like this.
You'll get vaporized in an instant.
If you play him then you're probably playing against opponents with the skill level of the training dummy to make you say such atrocious things.
Stop. Johnny zoning? Actually zoning in mkx and not just running at each other kamaikaze-style? What is this madness? :DOGE

Pig Of The Hut

So, like every high move in the game? You're also combining talking points. BS does not have a teleport or a votrtex, while impostor doesn't have a projectile.
What I should have said is your FB is super fast and controls space mixed w hell sparks that goes 3/4 screen. It's a crap shoot to jump the Sparks and u can MB it for pressure afterwards or if it hits for a combo

Hell sparks is a very powerful tool, one that kenshi doesn't have

Tweedy

Noob
Sonic could do wonders with any character he wants, that's STILL not enough to make him top tier or A. The highest I see him is B-/C+, nothing more nothing less.
I explained his tools. All of my post was about what he can do, not "oh look Sonic can win with him", I just posted Sonic's video and opinion as further evidence. In order for Jason to be A tier in your eyes, the other character wouldn't be able to move or press buttons lol. Unstoppable is A tier, maybe S.

I explained his tools. All of my post was about what he can do, not "oh look Sonic can win with him", I just posted Sonic's video and opinion as further evidence. In order for Jason to be A tier in your eyes, the other character wouldn't be able to move or press buttons lol. Unstoppable is A tier, maybe S.
Zoning and range easily beats out Jason (outside of the vanish from Relentless). And even then, Relentless has to do heaps and bounds more just to get in with characters with more range than him, let alone zoning characters. Unstoppable is even worse in that same aspect. B1 is a cool tool for countering characters with said range but outside of that and the potential threat of a tick throw (which can be armored,) he has nothing outside of DD3 to help him in that aspect.

Give or take I'll settle with seeing Jason in is B-/C. The lowest, I see him though honestly is D.