What's new

MY MKX PATCH WISH LIST FOR KP2 (POST YOURS)

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Agreed, she would be completely fine still if she didn't build meter on rekkas.

There's an issue I have with your list though, instead of Dark Beam for Shinnok being -12 on block how about we scrap that projectile negating idea for it to just be -8 or something. That feels reasonable.
Ehh, I don't know about that...it's fine as is to me. If anything EX Bone Grab should get a hit of armor and make it less safer. I'm not crazy about having a cancelable unblockable if it resembles anything "Heavy Weapons."

I do like the Warrior buffs that were mentioned in the OP...

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Liu would probably armour break you and still catch back dashes at +9 I think.

Also, the whole reducing of Laos jumping hitbox would possibly give him some of the shitter jump attacks, it's good now, but only at max range. ( which is where most people complain about it without actually studying the moves strength and weakness).
What is the weakness of j2?

Immortal

Blind justice....
Agreed, she would be completely fine still if she didn't build meter on rekkas.
I strongly dissagree, Tanya without meter building Rekkas would be mid tier. Meter is what helps her get going. It's not like you can just do Rekkas all day long, either opponent can armor throu if you delay it or full combo punish if you dont. Her pokes have t-rex reach etc its not like she doesn't have problems. Her teleport was already nerfed to oblivion which resulted in nobody playing DN variation, Kobu is the only one left which see some play. Lets NOT destroy the character completely.

Wigy

There it is...
Also would like kotals overhead and low sword more punishable on block You barely get a blockstring with some characters and if u mistime it at, you get backdashed and punished. Considering the swords with b122/b14 get to mix you up twice.

Stuff like d4 low sword has so much pushback on block its horrendous to punish.

Not to mention you gotta visually tell the difference between the mid sword and overhead when they are identical looking and react as one is punishable the other kotal can backdash.

Just hate eating that shit for free with a lot of characters. Yey reversal shadow kick if i guess a double 50/50

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Ferra Torr wish list

Lackey:
- New move, anti air grab like Grundy's in Injustice but no EX version. No combo follow up, just a HKD that is plus on hit and keeps opponent next to Torr. Same start up and priority frames as Kotal's AA grab
- BF2 roll goes under high projectiles and attacks and has slightly less whiff recovery, does not go under mids
- EX Torryuken recaptures if the first hit connects to prevent the second hit from whiffing when the first one hits

Ruthless:
- No changes, perfect as is

Vicious:
- New move, U1 or U2. Ferra does the same stab with same properties as her D1 with her except it is aimed upwards to anti air and Torr ducks down low like Blancas crouching animation in SF where he covers his head, effectively low profiling him (as best as possible, he is still huge). Can only be done when Ferra is on Torr's back.
- Ability to delayed MB Boss Toss on hit. Only adds 2% damage (total of 18% raw) but allows Torr to move freely during the extra stab animations Ferra does. This move is also a new brutality where Ferra takes your eyeballs on the last stab.

Universal:
- D2 start up reduced to 15 frames (down from 20+)
- 4 2+4 string returned to pre nerf distance. This is the least OP move ever why the fuck was it nerfed to begin with?

Last edited:

Yoaks

A spaceman
Ferra Torr wish list

Lackey:
- New move, anti air grab like Grundy's in Injustice but no EX version. No combo follow up, just a HKD that is plus on hit and keeps opponent next to Torr. Same start up and priority frames as Kotal's AA grab
- BF2 roll goes under high projectiles and attacks and has slightly less whiff recovery, does not go under mids
- EX Torryuken recaptures if the first hit connects to prevent the second hit from whiffing when the first one hits

Ruthless:
- No changes, perfect as is

Vicious:
- New move, U1 or U2. Ferra does the same stab with same properties as her D1 with her except it is aimed upwards to anti air and Torr ducks down low like Blancas crouching animation in SF where he covers his head, effectively low profiling him (as best as possible, he is still huge). Can only be done when Ferra is on Torr's back.
- Ability to delayed MB Boss Toss on hit. Only adds 2% damage (total of 18% raw) but allows Torr to move freely during the extra stab animations Ferra does. This move is also a new brutality where Ferra takes your eyeballs on the last stab.

Universal:
- D2 start up reduced to 15 frames (down from 20+)
That brutality not already being in the game is a diservice to the character.

EMPEROR_KNICKS

Master of Kombat(frauds)
This is what i think they should do for goro also give him only one of these buffs.
1. Allow you to ex the last hit of punchwalk on block like you can on hit and make it plus 5
option number 2
let his punch walk be 2 in 1 special cancelable
option 3
Let his f3 restand , Add scaling to it (obvi)

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
Dont downplay it. She'd be Ermac except with better meter building, way better pressure, higher damaging combos, the best advancing mid in the game & iAG compared to a character who lacks in space control, multiple plus strings, only unsafe on 1 option of the 50/50 which could still be made safe, and still much faster and harder to punish Armor than Ermac. She'd still be a top 5 character.

its still not that bad if it stays.

Crathen

Death is my business
Should be fun , here we go:

UNIVERSAL:

All the things in the OP but block breakers still costs 2 bars while costing no stamina on the defender part and draining the opponents stamina to empty with a 2 second recharge penalty ( momentum swing for 2 bars is fair )

Kung Lao:

- J2 hitbox slightly reduced and slower jump animation ( somewhere near Johnny Cage )

Tempest

- Orbiting hat becomes a high , -6 on block
- 44 string damage reduced by 3%

Buzzsaw

- Agreed on EX df2 being an overhead on the way down

Hat trick

I like REOs changes

Jax:

- s1 startup frames increased to 8
- b2 now cancels on block , should have not the cancel advantage for Energy Wave to jail
- Gotcha grab -7 on block , more recovery frames on whiff
- (12)3 range increased preventing him to whiff at max distance on a blocked 1

Sonya:

- More whiff recovery on divekick ( 5 frames )
- Better lower hitbox on flying kicks

Kenshi:

Agree w everything REO said +

- Kenshi restand string (22?) to be + 5 on hit

Kitana

Assassin

- Slightly faster recovery on Fan sharpen
- More chip from moves involving fans while sharped

Scorpion:

- b32 special cancellable
- 1 hit of armor on his EX tele even not on wakeup but the close cancel has 4 more recovery frames

Inferno

- Mid minion -6 on block
- EX mid minion +7 on block
- Overhead minion +10 on hit

Ninjutsu

- f2 overhead added to ninjutsu , his f2 remapped to another input
- Legsweep safe on block -6 ( EX version still unsafe )

Predator:

- Slightly less active frames on NJP
- Add 5 frames to b(2)2 startup making it easier to interrupt

Hish Qu Ten:

- Increased startup on high plasma shot by 5 frames
- Close low plasma has 6 frames of added recovery

Warrior:

What REO said

Sub Zero:

- Slightly lessened lower hitbox on j1

Unbreakable:

- Instant recovery off parried projectiles with ice parry , parrying a projectile with EX ice parry also activates a free EX ice aura
- Ice burst while aura is on launches like EX ice burst
- EX ice burst while aura is on is +8 on block with very small pushback

Cryomancer:

- EX Hammer is + 10 on block ( still has pushback )
- More damage from strings w ice sword

Mileena:

- Slightly less recovery on air sai
- f3 startup frames set to 28
- d3 set to 8 frames , -5 on block

Takeda:

- EX Kunais disappear when hit
- More recovery on a whiffed cyclone kick ( still safe on block )

Lasher

- Low scoop now is a hard knockdown +10 on hit

Cassie Cage:

- Backflip starts up in 7 frames
- EX Backflip - 20 on block

Brawler

- f2 1+3 more hit advantage

Jaqui:

Same as Reo

Kung Jin:

Same as Reo

Tanya:

- Drill vertical hurtbox increased to not low profile some moves

Kobu Jutsu

- Slightly more recovery frames on tonfa toss
- EX tonfa toss has a 2 frame gap
- Rekkas don't build meter or first rekka is -12 on block and second rekka is -14

Pyro

Agree w Reo

Johnny Cage:

- Faster startup and better vertical hitbox on f4

A-List

Agree w Reo

Fistcuffs

- Faster activation on fist bump , EX version allows to deal more damage on hit ( even on throws )

Erron Black:

- Caltrops don't grant first hit bonus
- Caltrops can't kill the opponent ( EX version still does )
- f2 startup to 11 frames
- Command Grab hit advantage set to +10 on hit ( instead of -2 )
- EX slide slightly more plus on hit ( by 3-4 frames ) on a grounded opponent

Marksman

- Unload (db4) faster startup and better hit advantage
- Rifle Shot has less recovery on whiff and less unsafe on block ( around -14 )

Liu Kang:

- d1 sped up to 7 frames

Dragon's Fire

What REO said +

- Flying kick MB is now -1 on block

Dualist

Agree w Reo

Kotal Kahn:

- Reduce the hitbox of j1

War God

- Less pushback on blocked low sword
- Adjusted vertical hitbox on EX db1
- Slightly less pushback on EX db1 on block

Blood God

- Totems have 3 more added frames of recovery
- Blood Totem negates meter building when opponent is hit
- Obsidian Totem mitigates 35% of the damage instead of 50%

Ermac:

- db2 connecting on all hitboxes ( females usually whiffs )

Mystic

What REO said

Master of Souls

Agree w REO

Spectral

- Slightly more cancel window on b3 and f4 on hit OR change levitate input to dd2

Reptile:

- d3 changed to -4 on block

Deceptive

Agree w REO

Noxious

- EX Stink ticks hit armor ( similar to scorpions flame aura )

D'vorah:

Swarm Queen

- Reduced block advantage of f112 wasp cancel to +10

Raiden:

- Fixed b11 hitbox to hit every character
- More hit advantage on f12b2 for constistent combos in Displacer and MoS

Master of Storms

I like REOs suggestions

Goro:

Same as REO

Quan Chi:

- EX Rune changed to +10 on block

Summoner

- More scaling after bat in combos
- Low bat scaling increased significantly

Sorcerer

- Less chip damage from the chip spell

Goro:

- Slightly faster forward run

Agree on the rest

Tremor

- EX dd4 damage down to 10%

Cristalline

- any version EX db1 block advantage changed to 0
- any db1 to be -3 on block

Aftershock

- Add 3 frames of recovery on air dd1

Jason:

- EX clothesline to be +7 on block
- Can choose wich direction to throw the opponent after dbf2 command grab ( EX included )
- f3 sped up
- 6 frame d1
- Better hitbox on s1 to deal with low hurtboxes ( crouch blocking )

Unstoppable

- Resurrect restores 14% for every bar used
- Better recovery on punishment and walking corpse , EX versions give more health / damage while having even less recovery

Relentless

- Teleport starts up a little faster and recovers slighly better
- Fix the passive damage buff

Slasher

- Better hit reaction on his overhead
- Better range on f4

Should be a good start.

Last edited:

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
You can repeat this a thousand times. People will just ignore it, they don't want to listen.
Well tbh, the more I hear people discuss Lao, (even some top calibre players) the more I believe people don't exactly understand what they're talking about.

So typically that's why I don't get involved in discussion like this.

Some situations are more complex than they seem, others are more simple than they seem.

E

Eldriken

Well tbh, the more I hear people discuss Lao, (even some top calibre players) the more I believe people don't exactly understand what they're talking about.

So typically that's why I don't get involved in discussion like this.

Some situations are more complex than they seem, others are more simple than they seem.
I'm not being a wise ass about this, but would it be possible for you to make a video showcasing how to deal with it properly? I'd really like to know so I don't have to remain being one of "those people" who whines about it. lol

Hella kenshi buffs, SC to start up much faster so it's more of a threat and a mind game to it, like the fear of kung Laos spin. And his DB4 needs to start up twice as fast and cut his whiff recovery down for his teleflurry. I would love to see kabal in KP2 more then anything :)

Last edited:
Reactions: REO

navaroNe

Nobody's afraid of Bruce Wayne
Love it, nice list REO. I'd like to see a couple changes to Hunter to make it a bit more up to par with HQT like maybe his normal traps activating slightly faster and his heal move being a bit faster as well or something

Last edited:

GreatKungLao

LiuTana
What would you say if one of the general fixes was a reduction of chip damage and meter gaining for doing chip damage? Or maybe something one?

Ashenar

Just a slightly above average player.....
With the highly anticipated Kombat Pack Season 2, there's a ton of speculation on what will happen, which characters will receive changes, who will be added into the roster, any general gameplay changes, and much more. Lately there hasn't been much of any information released at all, so I think this is the perfect time during this slump to post what we think will happen or what we want to happen. And what better way than to talk about potential patch changes? I'll go first:

My wish list for KP2: (GAMEPLAY RELATED)

General Gameplay:
- Block Breakers now cost one bar of super meter and all of your energy meter

- Back Throwing has a slightly altered animation on start up

- Teching a throw no longer gives the first hit bonus

- An additional option to turn off Interactable (1+2) short cuts while keeping your button and precision preference intact

- Slight hitbox or priority improvement to all down+2s across the board

- Greatly improved netcode

Character Specific Changes:

Kung Lao
- Jump 2 hitbox heavily normalized (think Injustice Scorpion jump 3 before and after)

Hat Trick
- Calling hat back during travel will absorb all projectiles it comes in contact with (Think Sub-Zero EX ice ball and Ferra toss)
- Animation during hat call back in air (D,D+2) can now be cancelled into a dive kick.
- Kung Lao can now call his hat back during his (D,U) teleport by doing D,D+2 when he reappears on the other side
- D,D+2 above high hat trap now hits Overhead when called back
- EX hat call back (D,D+2+BLK) now gives Kung Lao a brief short duration of one hit of armor

Buzz Saw
- EX D,F+2+BLK now hits Overhead on the way down

Tempest
- EX D,F+1+BLK now sucks you in closer to Kung Lao when blocked

Jax:
- B2 option select where special move doesn't come out on block but only on hit is now removed
- B2 cancel advantage reduced so energy wave doesn't jail on block afterwards

Sonya Blade:
- Dive kick has increased whiff recovery

Demolition
- EX D,D+1+BLK grenades now always bounce back on the corner of every stage instead of just some.
- Frag Grenades (not stun grenades) now do extra chip damage on block

Special Forces
- B2 is now neutral on block

Kenshi

Balanced
- All versions of Telekinetic Strike (D,B+4) are now -3 on block.
- All versions of Telekinetic Strike are now +10 on hit.
- All versions of EX D,B+4+BLK now have one hit of armor.
- EX Spirit Charge is now +7 on block.
- EX Tele Flurry is now -6 on block and has it's whiff recovery cut in half

Possessed
- F4 can now be cancelled into specials on hit and block.
- EX B,F+3+BLK now has 100% increased tracking.
- D,F+4 is now +15 on hit.

Kitana

Assassin
- D,F+4 and EX D,F+4+EN have reduced recovery.
- EX Fan Sharpen now further increases chip and damage dealt from fan based attacks.

Scorpion
- F2 now has better hit detection so it doesn't whiff on certain crouching characters up close.

Inferno
- Minion Charge D,B+1 is now -5 on block.
- EX Minion Charge is now +7 on block.
- Minion Drop D,B+2 is now +10 on hit.

Sub-Zero:

Unbreakable
- D,B+2 and EN D,B+2+BLK ice parry now gives Sub-Zero instant recovery when a projectile comes in contact with the ice barrier.
- Performing Ice Burst while you have Frozen Aura active (D,B+3) now launches ice shards towards the opponent similar to exploding the Ice Clone.

Mileena:
- Instant air sai recovery slightly reduced.

Ravenous
- D,B+3 is now an Overhead.

Takeda
- EX Kunais now disappear when Takeda is hit.

Lasher
- D,F+1 is now an Overhead.

Cassie Cage
- EX Back flip is now full combo punishable on block and does not move Cassie away from her opponent when blocked.

Brawler
F+2,1+3 now has slightly more advantage on hit.

Jacqui Briggs
- EN B,F+2+BLK is now -9 on block.
- D,B+1 now has slightly less recovery.

High Tech
- D,B+2 and EN D,B+2+BLK have reduced recovery.

Kung Jin
- Hitbox on jump 1 and jump 2 are reduced.

Ancestral
- Loading up a Stun Arrow no longer has a timer.

Shaolin
- EX Low Chakram now always has a one frame gap after it passes through the opponent and comes back up close.

Bojutsu
- EX Bo Flame (D,B+1+BLK) now travels much slower.

Tanya

Kobu Jutsu
- EX Boomerang now always has a one frame gap when it passes through the opponent and comes back up close.
- All Rekkas (including the EX versions) no longer build meter on block.

Pyromancer
- D,B+1 fireball has greatly reduced whiff recovery.
- D,F+1 fireball has reduced recovery.
- EX D,F+2+BLK now restands an airborne opponent.

Predator

Hish-Qu-Ten
- 2% overall damage reduction on all and every single plasma laser attack.

Warrior
- B,F+1 is now -1 on block.
- B,F+1 now launches for a full combo on hit.
- All versions of D,B+2 (not including aerial version) have less recovery on whiff similar to Takeda's B,F+4.
- EX Self-Destruct now has one hit of armor and less recovery.

Shinnok
- Amulet Strike (B,F+1)has lessened recovery when negating a projectile attack.

Necromancer
- All forms of Judgement fist (D,B+1) can now be cancelled and linked into on hit from normals.

Johnny Cage

Fisticuffs
- Fist Bump (B,F+1) recovers quicker.

A-List
- F3 dash cancels are now +10 instead of +12 to prevent guaranteed block loops.

Erron Black
- Caltrops no longer grant the first hit of bonus meter.
- Caltrops will no longer kill an opponent who is in danger. (EX Caltrops still will)

Liu Kang

Dragon Fire
- F+2,1,3 fireball cancel is now +9 instead of +11 to prevent guaranteed block loops.

Dualist
- All Solar Flare projectiles drain one bar of energy from the opponent on hit. (energy = stamina for running)
- All Solar Flare projectile types drain half of a bar of energy from the opponent on block.
- Yin (D,B+3) now slows down time slightly around Liu Kang as he heals similar to Deception Konquest story mode focus.
- Yang power up (D,B+3) does not go away if Liu Kang is hit.

Ermac
- D,B+2 is now safer on block.

Mystic
- B,F+2 is now -13 on block.
- EN B,F+2+BLK no longer gives the opponent super meter while being hit by this attack.

Master of Souls
- EX D,B+3+BLK recovers much quicker when done on the ground similar to Mileena's EX Fade.

Kotal Kahn

War God
- EX D,B+1+BLK is now -20 on block instead of -14. (Think Erron Black pre patch sand toss VS post patch sand toss)

Blood God
- D,B+3 totem no longer causes the opponent to gain any super meter when hit by Kotal Kahn's attacks.

Reptile

Deceptive
- EX D,D+3+BLK no longer has a hit of armor but now has projectile immunity in place for the frames where it did have armor.

D'Vorah

Swarm Queen
- F+1,1,2 Wasp Grenade cancel is now +11 instead of +12 to prevent guaranteed block loops.

Raiden
- Hitbox has been increased on both hits of B+1,1 so it can no longer be low profiled by any character.

Master of Storms
- All versions of summoning traps have slightly improved recovery.
- The hitbox for tethered electric current between two orbs has been increased so it can no longer be low profiled by any character.
- Any projectile that comes in contact with the hitbox of the tethered electric current between two orbs will be negated.

Quan Chi

Summoner
- All Bat based attacks now cause and have increased damage scaling.

Goro
- B,F+1 is now +15 on hit.

Tigrar Fury
- The last projectile in EX B,F+1+BLK is now a mid.
- D,F+4 is now a hard knockdown on hit.
- D,B+4 is now a hard knockdown on hit.

Tremor
- EX D,D+4+BLK damage decreased to 10%.

Crystalline
- All versions of EX D,B+1+BLK are no longer advantage on block.

Post what you guys think will happen or what changes you want to happen for KP2 here.
Kenshi gets "love"

Buffed b2 in kenjitsu from 18 frames to 27 frames of start up -37 on hit -52 on block. #paulosvision

Sunny_D

Green Arrows personal Shooty guy
I disagree with the Kotal Kahn War god nerf, but agree with almost everything else.

Also give Quan chi 6 frame armor reversal :DOGE