What's new

My First Offline Tourney Experience

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
Lemme tag some people here now because it may be very long story.
@DarthArma @Decay II
@KDZ I think
@gpmoney
@JRosa21
First I wanna thank my mom n gmom for driving me there n back. (TWO hour drive to get there n back).
And for supporting me but lets begin.
When I first got there it was like. 7:20,7:30.
I see KDZ playing street fighter I think. Then I look around. And then basically chill there for an hour or two
Then i see Decay. I only knew it was him because of the muscles. I was like DAMMMMM. Lol
Then around 9 I see decay and arma just sitting. Both playing different games. Then Arma says, "Gamer all the way from Philly, where is he!?" Then i put my hand up and gets cheers and wassups. I shake Decay hands and felt some thor strength lol.
But my first match is up. I play jrosa. He plays batgirl (I just wanna note I never lose to a batgirl in a set. I only loss to two bg players in a ft3. But beat them.multiple times.)
Im a little nervous. The match starts. I get bodied 3-1 or 3-0 because I NEVER PLAYED ON THAT MONITORS. With no lag. Everything is different.
So I play a HG player. Which
I end up winning 3-1 I think.
Because j3 wingdings and j2 in staff.
Then I gotta play decay. Im.just like "Awwwww mann"
But as soon as we started playing it was even and I got more comfortable with the monitor.
It came up. 2-2. We both have no clash. He has nuke shells. He could possibly kill me in one combo. I zone him like crazy.
Then i do Gs cancel and j3 wingdings. I win!! I eliminated Decay motherFudgers! Lol something I can say now.
Then I play the bg player again. I beat him 3-1.
Playing against BG is easy for me. Standing 1 in staff is a great dash punish and AA.
Then rosa gets supa salty and stuff.

But then he comes back n apologizes.
Then leaves. So now I play KDZ. I lose 1-3. He played supes so enough explained there.
Then I play ARMA in casuals. He was super cool and I never thought I would beat him by 15-7 .
Then he Said some things that made me even smile more "Your better than Chongo"
In yo FACE CHONGO lol .
Arna also said that I play the mu very well.
But that was all . I had very a lot of fun n enjoyed my stay.
I do hope to come back n play on stream!

Ok since this is your first offline experience, I do have one bit of advice. Try not to publicly announce beating someone in casuals and especially a score. I know this is popular to do online but offline it can be seen as a dick thing to do. Not saying arma sees it that way but some people might. Usually offline casuals are for fun and not taken very seriously unless it's a MM. Sometimes people are trying stuff out in casuals or sometimes they are just not playing at 100 percent. Now when you beat someone in tournament that's a different story!

Congrats on doing well and I hope you get to come out more to events. Summer Jam would be a good first major!

Last edited:

Jaxel

8WAYRUN.TV (home of The Break stream)
Administrator
Hey! Glad you could show up to The Break!

I'm sorry you showed up so early; but we never start on time because the FGC isn't very punctual.

I'm also sorry we didn't get to stream any of your matches; there were just too many people there for street fighter and we had been streaming almost nothing but Injustice for an entire year.

Ok since this is your first offline experience, I do have one bit of advice. Try not to publicly announce beating someone in casuals and especially a score. I know this is popular to do online but offline it can be seen as a dick thing to do. Not saying arma sees it that way but some people might. Usually offline casuals are for fun and not taken very seriously unless it's a MM. Sometimes people are trying stuff out in casuals or sometimes they are just not playing at 100 percent. Now when you beat someone in tournament that's a different story!

Congrats on doing well and I hope you get to come out more to events. Summer Jam would be a good first major!
Thanks for the advice

E

Eldriken

Can we not derail this Thread. Dudes just Happy about going to his First Local
Seriously, this.

Derailing this thread by saying stupid shit is a great way to stop people from wanting to continue to go.

People find it okay to derail a guy's thread because he's happy and excited how he did in casual matches at his FIRST offline tournament, but bitch at others for questioning why something gets front paged. Mind = blown.

Last edited by a moderator: