What's new

My 5 Anime Recommendations

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
So.....much.......casual.....in this thread Jesus.
I honestly didn't know how hipster anime people were until now. Yeah, tbh most people here don't surround themselves in anime so they are by definition "casual". And this is for recommendations so that's fine.

We're all casuals here anyway if we're also not playing high-level melty blood.

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
I honestly didn't know how hipster anime people were until now. Yeah, tbh most people here don't surround themselves in anime so they are by definition "casual". And this is for recommendations so that's fine.

We're all casuals here anyway if we're also not playing high-level melty blood.
Not all of us are hipster, but there's a large portion of the community that looks down on people who watch anything that came from Shounen Jump.

Also, I play Melty Blood at the highest possible level. Bitches ain't ready for my F-Moon Nanaya. :DOGE

gpmoney

CORN | gpmoney. Saltier than a bag of chips.
SAO was good then turned into a love story I dont recommend it to anyone lol

psycho pass was a great anime and so was K project

Crathen

Death is my business
I'll try giving out a few i didn't see mentioned.

Planetes - Slice of life , space , sci fi , comedy / drama

Gankutsuou ( The count of Montecristo ) - drama , mystery , romance , great story and visuals

Kuroko no Basket - 2 season so far - sport ( basket ) , comedy

Bokurano Ours - Mecha , drama , sci fi , psychological, it's good!

Soul Eater - action , adventure , comedy , fantasy , better alternative to all the usual Naruto / One Piece stuff , lotsa action goin on and it's around 50 episodes , won't take a lifetime to watch it

Rodrigue

Spongerod
i don't know about you guys but i can't read manga. its also the same reason i don't read comics. i'm a visual guy, even though i scored a 730 in reading portion on my SAT and always had high reading comprehension i just cannot do it. if it has a show i'd watch that over a manga, shit even a shitty movie version of books like harry potter and what not.

anime my fav anime's are:
Naruto shippuden (yeah bring on the hate idgaf lol)
Rurouni Kenshin
Dragon Ball Z (i literally watched the last 10 episodes because its been so long i forgot how they killed Buu, not seriously i just finished watching it before came into this thread, really)
Yu Yu hakasho
Full Metal Alchemist.

as you can tell i stopped watching anime a long time ago then saw naruto and watched all of that. i'll try out some of the suggestions on this page on where to start an anime binged since arrow is over.
You've watched THE best animes out there. However, DBZ is crap compared to Naruto, Yu Yu and FMA. You should start Bleach. Trust me, you won't be disappointed. There's also Deadman Wonderland if you're into gory animes. And the plot is awesome. It's a shame they've only made 1 season. Oh and add Attack on Titan to the list. I think mangas are shitty too so don't feel bad lol

AK elitegoomba

http://www.twitch.tv/elitegoomba
iono too much about anime but I watched Kill la Kill and Attack on Titan recently and enjoyed the shit out of them

pogse

Ruthlesss Mayhem
Recommend:
Gintama (Comedy and Action/Anime Parody)
HunterXHunter (somewhat brutal but the Drama is great) *Holds best episode ever (ep.131)
Kuroko No Basket (like basket with super powers and awesome animations) - very different from Slam Dunk
Kill la Kill (Action packed/Crazy/Fun/Creative)
Bleach (You'll have fun mimicking name pronunciation)

Brotherhood
One piece (Ok)
SAO (1st Season Only - skip part where they play house)

Recommend not so much:
Naruto (Fiillllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrsssssssssss)

RM Truth

Can't post gifs, because my work computer sucks, but here goes. Some of these are old school.

My top 5 reccomendations:

Rurouni Kenshin-Arguably the best samurai anime ever made. Has 3 seasons, but the last one is just a bunch of fillers and kind of a let down. Seasons 1 and 2 are a must watch though.

Gurren Lagann-A great over the top mech anime. The spiritual precursor to Kill La Kill.

Gundam Wing-IMO, the granddaddy of all mech anime. Great story line, and great action sequences. In the argument for best gundam series.

High School DxD-A more recent ecchi(perverted) action anime. Surprisingly pretty heavy on action. If you like unnecessary amounts of fan service and a pretty decent if comical storyline, give this one a try.

Hellsing Ultimate-Awesome vampire action series. Pretty gory if you're into that. It's in OVA form with 10 1 hour long episodes. Just make sure you watch Ultimate and not the original anime. It kinda sucks imo.

RM Truth

Also, one more bonus reccomendation.

Saki-It has two things everyone loves. Yuri and Mahjong, and before you say there's no way a mahjong anime can be hype, watch this clip, and prepare to fap.

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
Berserk is THE best anime ever created. All other opinions are invalid.
Berserk is a good anime but the manga is way better and has a lot more. It's definitely not the best anime ever, because Evangelion is.

Face it haters, it's true.

I really like AoT.

Death Note is very good and has one of the best lines in animu history

RM Truth

Berserk is a good anime but the manga is way better and has a lot more. It's definitely not the best anime ever, because Evangelion is.

Face it haters, it's true.

I really like AoT.

Death Note is very good and has one of the best lines in animu history
Evangelion would be a lot better if they can decide on an actual ending that doesn't suck.

Lets be real though, it does have a top 10 opening.

IKizzLE

BloodHound
I've seen about 100 different anime in the past several years (and 90% of the anime mentioned in this topic) and here are my top 10 recommendations in no order.

Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood
Attack on Titan
Code Geass
Death Note
Hunter x Hunter
Tengen Toppa Guren Lagann
Kill La Kill
Fate Zero
Steins Gate
Psycho-Pass/Gundam 00

This is assuming you've already seen the classics like DBZ and Yu Yu hakusho....

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
Evangelion would be a lot better if they can decide on an actual ending that doesn't suck.
Obviously the original ending sucks and makes like no sense, but I think End of Evangelion is the perfect ending to that series. If you feel failed by the plot, they don't really care, because that show isn't about delivering you a plot and the plot is second to the themes/philosophy. That's what I love about EoE...it doesn't try to push a recycled, Hollywood-ass, tie-up-all-the-loose-ends-and-the-good-guys-win story on you. The ending is so abrupt and disturbing it falls by the wayside because they don't want to distract you from the point.

RM Truth

Obviously the original ending sucks and makes like no sense, but I think End of Evangelion is the perfect ending to that series. If you feel failed by the plot, they don't really care, because that show isn't about delivering you a plot and the plot is second to the themes/philosophy. That's what I love about EoE...it doesn't try to push a recycled, Hollywood-ass, tie-up-all-the-loose-ends-and-the-good-guys-win story on you. The ending is so abrupt and disturbing it falls by the wayside because they don't want to distract you from the point.
Oh, I liked the plot. It's just that I'm the type of guy that needs the ending to an anime to justify what has happened. LBSH, none of the endings have made any sense. Supposedly, Anno went crazy during production, and that's why the endings to the anime and the movies are so whack. Then again, I'm also kind of biased for endings where everything goes right in the end so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
There are a few of the anime that everyone agrees on as being "the best" and one is Kenshin.

Dear lord that show bored me to death. If I have to hear that main girl yell "KENSHIN" one more time.........

Kill La Kill was an absolute blasty blast.

This current season of HunterxHunter is kinda...... odd. I'm def. on the fence about everything that has gone on.

AoT needs to hurry up and give me more.

Gundam Wing holds a special place because I collected all the Gundam models and built them. That show was awesome.