What's new

My 5 Anime Recommendations

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
i don't know about you guys but i can't read manga. its also the same reason i don't read comics. i'm a visual guy, even though i scored a 730 in reading portion on my SAT and always had high reading comprehension i just cannot do it. if it has a show i'd watch that over a manga, shit even a shitty movie version of books like harry potter and what not.

anime my fav anime's are:
Naruto shippuden (yeah bring on the hate idgaf lol)
Rurouni Kenshin
Dragon Ball Z (i literally watched the last 10 episodes because its been so long i forgot how they killed Buu, not seriously i just finished watching it before came into this thread, really)
Yu Yu hakasho
Full Metal Alchemist.

as you can tell i stopped watching anime a long time ago then saw naruto and watched all of that. i'll try out some of the suggestions on this page on where to start an anime binged since arrow is over.

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
i don't know about you guys but i can't read manga. its also the same reason i don't read comics. i'm a visual guy, even though i scored a 730 in reading portion on my SAT and always had high reading comprehension i just cannot do it. if it has a show i'd watch that over a manga, shit even a shitty movie version of books like harry potter and what not.

anime my fav anime's are:
Naruto shippuden (yeah bring on the hate idgaf lol)
Rurouni Kenshin
Dragon Ball Z (i literally watched the last 10 episodes because its been so long i forgot how they killed Buu, not seriously i just finished watching it before came into this thread, really)
Yu Yu hakasho
Full Metal Alchemist.

as you can tell i stopped watching anime a long time ago then saw naruto and watched all of that. i'll try out some of the suggestions on this page on where to start an anime binged since arrow is over.
I swear you can tell someone's age by the anime they have watched. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say we are in the same age range because those are some of my favorite anime shows... just add bleach to the list.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
I swear you can tell someone's age by the anime they have watched. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say we are in the same age range because those are some of my favorite anime shows... just add bleach to the list.
i turn 22 in two weeks :)

TKB

Noob
I'm gonna name the obvious ones, Cowboy Bebop IMO is the best anime ever.
Trigun is fantastic.
Ghost in the shell has to be one of the best.
Dragonball and DBZ are both AMAZING.
Does the Boondocks count? ;)

Last edited:

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
My top 5:

Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt (Dark, Drama)

Follows two sisters led by cdjr who make weapons out of lingerie. Some of the best animation of any series I've watched in 10+ years of watching anime series.

Hey Arnold! (Racing, Mech)

Follows the exploits of a young boy in the inner city as he struggles against the growing communist empire led by the girl Helga. Great action sequences and amazing uses of character development, highly recommended (probably top 3 for me).

Digimon (Erotic, Drama)

Futuristic anime about a young boy who loves video games who grows up to tell us about why he had the best sheeva na and about his multicultural sexual experiences on facebook. Picks up quickly but wears out as the series goes on, but it's easily one of the most terrifying and heartwarming things you will come across.

Little Bill (Psychological Thriller)

Surrounds a young Bill Cosby as he grows up under an oppressive regime where humans are subservient to false-human leaders, and whatever Bill writes in his diary becomes a real-world light construct weapon him and his family use to battle against their dictators. It sounds confusing but you really have to watch it to understand it, it's a truly heart-wrenching series with a lot of twists.

Dawson's Creek (Dark, Cooking)

I can't describe this series in words. mind-blowing. most realistic animation i've seen in a series.

Last edited:

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
So.....much.......casual.....in this thread Jesus.
How is it any different than someone liking...... idk....... Grey's Anatomy over Breaking Bad?

There is no such thing as a "serious" tv show..... no matter how you spin it.

There have been a few shows on here that I was curious about and now have confirmation I should probably add them to the backlog.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
My reccomendations for some goodies are:

Hunter X Hunter- OMFG PLS!
Psycho-Pass- Haven't finished it all yet, but it's amazing.
Death Note- Probably my favorite ever.
Akame Ga Kiru- Yeayah boi!
FLCL- Nuff said
Gurren Laggan- This shit is just ridiculous.

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
Man this fits this thread so well.

Baaaaaaaad taaaaaaasssste
If you think that Steins;Gate and Attack on Titans are bad, you need to reevaluate your taste in anime, or go back to watching Senran Kagura or something. I hear people like that anime.

haketh

Noob
Steins;Gate is dope, AoT is merely okay, just a standard shounen, Sneran Kagura manga is dope, never bothered with the anime. But when I see praises for Naruto, Bleach, Elfen leid, and Sword Art Online y'all niggas got some questionable taste lol.

Man y'all probably can't wait for Akame ga Kill to come out, probably gonna see it as the next Shakespeare lol.

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
Steis;Gate is dope, AoT is merely okay, just a standard shounen, Sneran Kagura manga is dope, never bothered with the anime. But when I see praises for Naruto, Bleach, Elfen leid, and Sword Art Online y'all niggas got some questionable taste lol.
The anime is awful. I promise you that you should just stick to the manga. Also, there's nothing wrong with liking those animes. They might be overrated, but they were fine. No offense, but right now you sound like one of those people that's super anti mainstream.

RNLDRGN

RONALD ROGAN
How are we not all in agreement that all this anime here is great.... but all inferior to Neon Genesis Evangelion?

That's the rule--you know that, right guys? Guys?

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Hey, I read Bleach religiously. We don't all have necessarily good taste.
I have been so disappointed ever since the Aizen arc ended lol. He has had his chapters where he redeemed himself some this last saga, but it just isn't the same the days. It should've ended after Aizen.