What's new

Most Useless Strings

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
How many people knew Zod has a 1121+3 string

I absolutely have no fing clue what it is for

Its like you do 112 and its +5 but you'd rather add on that 1+3 to be -8 and have your shit pushed in after doing some Whack Fake zod charge?

I dont get it

One time i played TrUTaLeN434t or whatever his awful name is and he did this string.

..................twice
I quit
To be fair, that guy IS completely mental. I bodied his flash 3-0 just with day 1 superman zoning. (heat zap heat zap heat zap insta-air eye lasers mb)..not a single speed dodge!

Or should i say, speed :DOGE!

And 1121+3 is Zods best string obviously, I mean you bounce dat ass off the ground and get a dash and conversion. How is that not godlike?!1?1! Or should I say...Zodlike :DOGE

You should really use it more in tournament more Pig :DOGE:DOGE:DOGE

Captain Oxygen

The end of one combo is the beginning of another
If you do a turbine after the F2D13 from GL it puts them at a perfect F3 range, obviously it's a 10x better idea to just go for the combo off of F2D1 but hey, you gotta appreciate every tool your character has.

Lobo's F213 gives him so much oki in the corner it hurts. And against players who are unfamiliar with the string, they just block the first two hits and awkwardly get hit by the last hit?

EMPEROR_JUPITER

Your ego betrays you.
I do not think 11u3 is useless, it helps in some of MMH's match ups where a quick, long ranged 8 frame punish is needed, example : I do not have meter, an aquaman player uses trident rush and does not have trait to activate. Trait 11u3 leads to mid/low 20 meterless damage if i can not do 11 martian grab, I would say all of his strings are useful, other then the last hit of f2u11+3. and even that has some small value to it.

Awkward Sloth

Lamest Harley, still better sloth than Jer
Harley's 2b3 I completely agree.
I used it on a guy once and pretty sure he had no idea what was going on. It's like "oh! There's a low in there somewhere..."

Sami

Noob
Raven:
  • f2233. med med med overhead. No, there is no alternate version where it would end in a low. No, she gains almost no advantage off the string. Yes, you can see the f223 bit coming a mile away and can stand up on a lazy reaction.
  • 11f2 (NOT 11b2). 11f2 and 11b2 to pretty much the same thing which is to make it easier to hit confirm from 11 into a string (i.e. 11~lift can be tricky to confirm, but 11f2/b2~lift is easier). The trade-off is that the damage scaling on the f2 and b2 is very high so your combo will do less damage. So, two strings that do the same thing. Why is one better than the other? Because 11b2 looks exactly like 11~lift on block but isn't -10 so you can counter punish. In addition, you can completely freak your opponents out with 11b2~lift which looks like 11~lift~lift, i.e. hax. 11f2 does none of these things and might as well not exist.
  • f13. Comes from f1 being pretty useless in general (b2 is better at it at everything, and also has a follow-up "gtfo" string in the form of b23). I think f13 might have been +3 on block (too long since I checked the frame data), but since it starts slow and high and everyone knows to just block low against Raven unless you see f22 or f3 come out the chances are you'll be poked out before the 3 hits.
  • 113. Harder to counter-poke (high, med med but the first high is very quick). No point doing this unless you have no meter (this is Raven) and need to get the opponent across the screen. If you have meter (which you will) then 11b2~lift MB into combo and end with b23 puts them fullscreen and should do 40%+.

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
Green Arrow's 113 is good for punishes since it leads to his highest damage meterless combos with an ice arrow.

I believe Doomsday can do an ambiguous corpse hop setup with B21.

Batgirl's 113 has advantage on block and you can do some good pressure with it in the corner.

GL's F2D13 is advantage on block and can lead to D1 xx Lift or into itself again if they respect it.

Wonder Woman's 112 xx Spin leads to a 40% punish if B1 isn't fast enough.

That's all I've got for now.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Useless strings:
Superman's f23
Batman's b23
Joker's 21 (first hit)
Harley's b22
Grundy's 112
Deathstroke's b1u2 and b22
Catwoman's b12d3 and f112
Lex's 112 and b13
Zod's f21u2
Martian's b13 and 22
Green Arrow's 111
Cyborg's b123
Raven's b12 and b23
Aquaman's b12
Wonder Woman's b113, 23, 33 and d12
Zatanna's b1u3 and b21
Scorpion's b12
Ares' f23
Killer Frost's f113
Doomsday's 33
Bane's 113, b23 and b112
Black Adam's b23 and 112
Sinestro's b213, b12 and b13
Batgirl's b12, b2u3 and ( @Pan1cMode ) b2d3 :joker:
Green Lantern's b13
Shazam's 22 and b23
Hawkgirl's 123

:DOGE:DOGE:DOGE:DOGE:DOGE:DOGE:DOGE:DOGE:DOGE:DOGE

E

Eldriken

B23 Earthshaker is good, but I meant F2 ES. My string memorization is clearly terrible with other characters.
I meant to ask you about that, lol. I couldn't get Earth Shake after b2 and was like, "Wtf..." Found out it doesn't work.

The PantyChrist

Rest in Pantiez
Hawk girl b13 Is this where she kicks you in the air and throws the mace into you? That string is so swaggy

And batman 122? Hard knockdown that's negative on block and ON HIT?! But my god is it swaggy.

I wish joker had a super swaggy worthless string

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
Every Shazam string except for f22.
Breh. 2, 2 rules.
Back + 2, 3 rocks.
1, 1, 2 is is rad in combos.
F2, 2, 3 has that reset, and all of these strings have mixup potential by cancelling into high/low throws, atlas torpedo, or teleports, on certain hits. Also, F2, 2 3 is the most stylish string in the game. 1, 2, f3 however, is abysmal in every way. :(

how dare you insult the People's Elbow!
It's cool, but dat corpse hopping tho.

Breh. 2, 2 rules.
Back + 2, 3 rocks.
1, 1, 2 is is rad in combos.
F2, 2, 3 has that reset, and all of these strings have mixup potential by cancelling into high/low throws, atlas torpedo, or teleports, on certain hits. Also, F2, 2 3 is the most stylish string in the game. 1, 2, f3 however, is abysmal in every way. :(
22 rules until you fight someone who knows how to backdash.
Dat b23 range, but it's unsafe and b2 corpse hops.
Only d2 and 22 jail for mixup potential with command grabs.
F223 is only reliable in combos since it ends with a high.
112 is only used sometimes in combos but not outside of.
12b3, 12f3, b123 are totally useless.

Last edited:

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
Useless strings:
Superman's f23
Batman's b23
Joker's 21 (first hit)
Harley's b22
Grundy's 112
Deathstroke's b1u2 and b22
Catwoman's b12d3 and f112